dear (possible) future husband

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tinkerbell725

Senior Member
Jul 19, 2014
4,216
1,180
113
Philippines Age 40
DEAR (POSSIBLE) FUTURE HUSBANDMAY 30, 2015 SAVABROWN14 132 COMMENTSI am going to start off by saying I’m sorry.I’m sorry for my past. For giving my heart away one too many times. For having a twisted perception of men. For not having trust. For already making you an idol. I’m sorry for my present. For being a “ravenous wolf” as my pastor calls it. For constantly searching instead of being patient. For not praying for you constantly. I’m sorry for my future mistakes. For not submitting. For letting my emotions drive me at times. For believing lies and not listening to truth. For not following through on things I may promise.I’m sorry for you. For the temptations you deal with everyday. For the girls who show a little too much. For the lie that “manhood” is being physically strong and not showing any emotions. For the expectations you know I already have, the ones you feel like you have to meet but know you won’t always be able to. For your past hurt, whatever that may look like.So I’m sorry, but there’s more. I’m scared.I’m scared for the bad times. For not living up to your expectations. For being a bad wife or mom. For fighting. For possible financial stresses, even though I know that ultimately does not matter.I’m sorry and scared, but what do I feel the most? I’m excited.I’m excited to meet you. I’m excited for you to experience my awkwardness. I’m excited for the mountains. For the jokes and laughs. For the happy tears. For our future children, if the Lord wills it. For serving the Lord together. For cooking dinners for two instead of one. For dancing and singing in the kitchen. For worship and fellowship in the family room. For the deep conversations. For working the mission field, whatever that may look like. I’m excited for the valleys. For the trials that will shape our relationship. For the times that we can only get through because of our love for the Lord and His grace. For the times where all we can do is turn to His word because we are without words.I’m sorry and scared and excited. You may be two months or fifty years away. Maybe our future will never happen. Maybe, just maybe, the Lord has other plans for me. If not, if my future involves you, I hope you see this letter. I pray that temptations are small, that the Lord prepares you for my craziness and sensitivity. That He prepares you for leadership and me for submitting. That He softens your heart, grows your understanding of Him, opens your eyes more, and prepares you for everything that may come. But most of all, I pray that you lean on Him and love Him more and more each day, more than you will ever love me.Love,Your (possible) future wife.
 
I wish I had read a letter, like that, for me (a couple of years back).

He, your future husband, would love it so be sure to keep a copy he can read whenever you met. :o
 
"... fifty years away. "

I don´t thik marriage would be good at 85 and, if those had children, their 1st born would call them this way: "Hello!... Who are you?... Are you my grand grandparents" :)
 
To my dear future friend:


I left some further thoughts on a thread that could be connected to these ideas... (those where you "pulled back" your words about LDRs). :o
 
This is really cool, I do the same (writing to future spouse) it helps alleviate loneliness and look at oneself clearly, a sort of self-reflection. GBU Sister!
 
Only by chance I saw this. You sound like a beautiful precious gem. A sapphire? I dont know much about shiney things or expensive gems but I know they are special.
I'm sure the Lord has a mighty plan. :)
 
CaptainGoat;bt22158 said:
Only by chance I saw this. You sound like a beautiful precious gem. A sapphire? I dont know much about shiney things or expensive gems but I know they are special.
I'm sure the Lord has a mighty plan. :)


Thank you captain. It is a beautiful heartfelt letter I found online.