Dear Talented Son of God..

  • Thread starter Thread starter gladz
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gladz

Guest
Hello, it's me again..
This is my first time to ask an advise about music, and i remember this Christian forum. i know there's a lot of talented son of God we have in this world. same as me when i was a child i'm very love singing but i never use it or show it to other, because of my being little introvert behavior, but inside of my heart i really really want to be singer like my beloved Mother but i disappointed her to continue it through me, until i forget it.. but when i became Christian i saw many Christian Vocalist, they are singing for God, and i realized i really want to sing also for God, but now i Don't know how, my voice became crack when it comes in the high pitch..
​
:confused:
and i ​
easily hurt my throat after one song, cause i don't know how to sing from diaphragm. oh i'm sad for that.
so, can you help or advise me what should i do?

p.s. thanks for Ma'am Santuzza for her first advices..
​
 
Sounds to me that you just weren't given a gift to sing, and the desire doesn't always mean that you were meant to do that. I'll bet you have other gifts that you have maybe neglected because your mind has been on just singing. What can you do well? What other things do you love to do?

And by the way, I always wished I could sing too, and everything you described is how I sang. So I learned to sing with my hands. When I worship privately, I have some streamers I have made that go over a finger, and I let my hands express what I would do with my voice if I could.
 
and also no matter how I sang from my diaphragm , my throat still hurt like yours does. I finally realized that my vocal chords weren't strong enough to handle muscle tension that singing requires. So I love to hum and sing softly and it doesn't seem to hurt. But if you really want to keep pursuing that dream of yours, find a vocal teacher who will give you the help you need. No one can really advise you in writing you here - you need to find someone who will be a hands-on teacher who can see what you are doing.
 
Hello joidevivre,
Thank u for ur precious advice, your right i also think of that many times. But in our church, active youth are limited and every one of them also like want to serve God, to have youth service in our church and only i volunteer to be back up singer. Cause i actually love doing that. Cause i cnt play instruments. And last sunday our Pastor unexpectedly announced that youth also need to move and serve the Lord, and that' s i want to do. Its all about the literal vision of our Pastor from God. That will happen in exact day. And i'm part of that mission.
And i hope God will lead me.

Thank you.