Dear younger me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
A letter written to myself when fifty years younger. I've got a lot to tell me. Would God I listen.

https://youtu.be/-l70C3ePyIQ

Dear younger me, dear dear me;

I should've written to you much sooner. Even if someone else could have would have been good. You could have used it such a long long time ago. From where I stand now I could have perhaps saved you a whole lot of grief had I written sooner. But would I have listened? I would like to think so but knowing you as I do I seriously doubt it. Without a doubt you are one of the stupidest, stiffnecked, slow to learn, undisciplined men that ever resisted God to their own detriment and folly. If the right person had tried to show you maybe, but all men seek their own and not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

When you get to be 33 the biggest thing that ever happens to you comes up on God's calendar. Jesus Christ comes to the country where you live and saves you. You will not comprehend what has happened. To become a completely different person that suddenly finds everything unfamiliar is scary to say the least. But that shocking change is how God had to deal with you, with us. I know you're not familiar with the term saved. In short Jesus Christ the son of God came to earth 2000 years ago to give his life and blood on the cross for you. The sins you've committed against Him can only be forgiven by placing them under the blood He shed for you. It will be clearer later. You'll need much Bible reading and prayer.

He also baptizes you in His Holy Spirit but I'll tell you more about that later.

He, Jesus, was 33 when He gave his life, same age you will be when you come to understand that you need Him more than anything else. The year He Himself chose for you. Then after you are saved you can look back and see how much he has given you and many times He kept you from getting yourself killed. How many times what you thought was luck was actually divine providence. He saw down the path of years and knew that you would yield to His conviction. It sounds strange but it's true. The word luck will be taken away from your vocabulary.

God's first name is Jesus by the way and you owe Him everything. He's not a baby in a Manger nor is He hanging on a cross or in a granite tomb. He made the round trip to earth to collect sheep. You are working now, living in the country. You hunt, fish and get to do about anything you want. Even though you are unsaved it is still Him that has provided you the opportunity to live the life you are enjoying. He calls those things that are not as though they were. He already sees you as His.

But I would like for you to now see how worthless many of the things you are pursuing really are. You will look back after 33 and realize they had no value at all. I am sorry that you had no one to teach you about Jesus when you were young. That Jesus was far from your home. I regret that the poor relationship you had with your own father will be a real hindrance as seeing God the Father as completely loving, kind and always looking out for you. You thought God the Father to be like your earthly father. Harsh, demanding, always critical. Always scrutinizing everything you do. It will take years to shake off that belief about God. To fear Him but not be afraid of Him. To find out how a good father is supposed to be. You won't have to throw up your arms to deflect a blow from God. His arms are outstretched to you not raised in anger.

But He is very patient though and sees that He will eventually get through to you.

Proverbs 29:21 KJVS
He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become his son at the length.

You start off as a servant doing things because it's required. If you continue you will become a son.

He is always nearby even though you never think about Him. Even after decades pass by you'll be amazed to find that He will still be changing things in you. There is much to change in you trust me. There is so much to change He'll do it a little at a time just as His word says. You won't be able to much remember how you are now. It's a blessing to be not to be able to remember many things..

Deuteronomy 7:22 NASB
The LORD your God will clear away these nations before you little by little; you will not be able to put an end to them quickly, for the wild beasts would grow too numerous for you.

He uses the very liberty you have in bringing you to the place of recognizing how empty and seemingly useless your pursuits will become. Many of those pursuits are not bad, not evil but they they will become increasingly unfulfilling. You think that you will love all of these things always but many will become boring and not as much fun as they were twenty or thirty years ago. You will change in many ways that are incomprehensible to you today. He will allow you to do as you please and thus you'll discover that your desires are largely futile and "is that all there is"?
fruitless. He says this in the Bible. You will come to understand futility like the old song.

Ecclesiastes 11:9 NASB
Rejoice, young man, during your childhood, and let your heart be pleasant during the days of young manhood. And follow the impulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes. Yet know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things.

As you live you will find that you are running out of things to stir your interest. Those things you once did because they seemed exciting and new will become as lackluster and plain as children's games. They're OK but something inside you has changed. You don't understand now but later you will just as Jesus told Peter. This is when God steps in and causes that great feeling of emptiness inside you to be magnified.

Ecclesiastes 2:17 NASB
So I hated life, for the work which had been done under the sun was grievous to me; because everything is futility and striving after wind.

You will come to know that He alone is the answer to your vast emptiness. Even from my present advanced age stage it is still a mystery and I can only tell you the part I know something of. The closer you draw yo Him the more fulfillment you will extract from life. There is no substitute for close fellowship with God the Father, Jesus Christ the son and God the Holy Spirit. John who laid his head on the Lord Jesus' bosom knew this. He didn't try to approach the savior with his mind but just with his heart and faith. Your desire to know Him better will be a consuming fire. A fire that will incinerate the fleshly nature you and I have to battle against.

https://youtu.be/-l70C3ePyIQ

Common things you take for granted will suddenly become important. People you now take for granted will pass on. Life will change. You will come to realize that the simple things of life are the very best and not those grand things imagined at the far side of the world.

Proverbs 17:24 NASB
Wisdom is in the presence of the one who has understanding, But the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth.

You'll be able to see all of this much plainer once you become a born again believing Christian baptized in the Holy Spirit. I cannot explain this to you only that God supernaturally will change you into a different person. You will look about and nothing will be familiar. The things you loved yesterday will seem strange. Things you once bragged about will suddenly be a shame to you. You will instantly become a stranger in a strange land. You will not understand it but your spirit man will know that this world is not your true home.

After you are saved the Bible will become the most important book in the world to you. Now you actually fear it and the few times you picked it up the devil told you it's impossible to understand so you were angered and so put it down. Impossible to understand and impossible to follow you think. You won't realize that the devil has urged your rejection of the Bible. The devil? Oh yes he's real. As a matter of fact all those horrible things that go through your mind are brought by him. It will be a huge revelation to you to find that what you always considered to be your thoughts, ideas, urges are not yours at all but things whispered by the deceiver. It will frighten you beyond belief. You will begin to hear him, "catch him" as he attempts to make you believe that the thought voice in your mind is yours. It will be the Holy Spirit of God that opens your eyes to these things. The deceiver of the brethren the devil is called.

Revelation 12:9 NASB
And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, WHO DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

After Jesus first saves you you'll discover that you can't even stand to be alone with yourself. Fears and emotions that you've never had before will rise up. It will become plain that your mind and spirit are so filled with garbage that you won't think that you can tolerate yourself! Now the cleansing will begin by submersing yourself in the Bible. The washing of the water of the word it's called.

After you are born again you will receive a prophecy about the amount of time that you are going to spend in the Bible. You will spend hours on end in the Bible reading, meditating on and memorizing scriptures. It will be as if you are taking your mind and washing it in the water of God's words.

I stop and shake my head at you. I have wept when I remember the wretchedness of your life. You were the most pitiful wretch. Just sad. Those horrible fears you had as a child weren't your fault but you couldn't know that it was the devil. Your father and mother couldn't help you. They had no idea that you were being tormented by a spirit of fear. They had no ability to deal with spiritual matters. They had a basic of belief in God but no power from God to help themselves or others, even their own children. The occultism that some of your family members played with were to the harm of you and others in the family. A spirit of fear.

After you become a Christian filled with the Holy Spirit you'll realize that God has not given you a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind. It was the enemy of our souls. The one who comes to kill steal and destroy that caused many of your woes. By and by after you are saved you'll learn how to fight him. If you hadn't of asked Jesus to baptize you in His Holy Spirit after you are saved you would not have a chance battling in the spirit realm. Only the anointing of the Holy Spirit, the very power of God in you will bring you through the things you are going to have to walk through. God be praised that He will lead you in asking Him, seeking Him for the in filling of the Holy Spirit of God.

It would not be well nor kind for me to tell you of the things that you will have to walk, to live through. It will serve no purpose. Everything will come in it's own time. You will live to thank God for coming after you outside of church walls. Many many of the church denominations will not believe the things that God presents you with. Gives to you. After you are saved you will be shocked at the resistance to God's word you've I'll find among professed Christians. This is the very reason God comes and saves spiritually ignorant men like us. The ones who have not been taught against His word and ways. You should begin to praise Him right now that you will have escaped the unbelief that they would have attempted to sell you. Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever. God chooses the simple things of this world to confuse those that believe themselves to be wise. He wanted you to escape the confusion, unbelief, lack of faith and perverted teachings that comes from many of the denominational churches. Tradition is as much against God now as when Jesus walked among the Pharisees.

From a position of physical strength you now do pretty much as you please. You consider that nothing will change. Time will change everything and days will come when your strength and youth fade away and you will be walking in a new land. So consider carefully before those days come. The grass withers, the flower fades but the words of our God live forever.

Ecclesiastes 12:1 NASB
Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near when you will say, "I have no delight in them";

I don't know what else to say to you except that God is merciful to have rescued uou from your pitiful state. It's a few years until you are 33 and are saved and I am sorry that you have to experience them. It's a true saying that it's darker before the dawn. I will continue on now not living life as I did when I was yet you. Thank God I'm not. Now if I just knew where to post this letter so you could get it before you are 33. It would have made things so much easier for the both of us.

Regards, from me to younger me
You better listen boy!

Last edited:

student

Jul 20, 2010
Only half way through...I cry. I was '33 going on 34" when the Lord performed a miracle so large in my life. I couldn't remember the age he was when he was hung on the cross...I knew it was 33 or 34. And He was 33-34 when he ascended back to heaven. He shows me love many times now with this adage. I adore our Lord... I cry for the child you've outgrown. Be gentle with his spirit that continues within you. You are a fascinating man from your writings. You are an elder... your words today teach another the love of a Father. You are a blessing to one who is in need. - Thanks. With that, I continue... -student

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
Thank you Sooo much. Only God knows how much I needed that encouraging word. We have no church and are both somewhat disabled. We live in a rural area up in the woods above a mountain stream. Jesus came here and saved me at 33 years of age. I'm convinced that He saved many at the age He gave His life. He also baptized me in the Holy Spirit with accompanying gift. Just to know that I've encouraged another fills me with joy.

Psalm 6:9