Debit or credit, no cash accepted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
And what did people learn from that? Nothing...it'll happen again. These stores are still doing brisk business in Chinese-made goods!
Speak for yourself, I learned never to go to that store.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
O

Oblio

Speak for yourself, I learned never to go to that store.
I went to Wal-Mart once in the past few years. Every other store carries just as much Chinese stuff. It doesn't matter where I go anymore...it's all the same. Even Canadian Tire is the same. And the public couldn't are less about where it's made or the poor quality. They're just a bunch of mindless drones being directed by the collective. I find it so disheartening that if I dropped dead this instant, I wouldn't mind at all. This world is screwed and few seem to really care. At least where I live. The church is no different. Lemmings!

Handyman62

Jan 10, 2021
Rural South Carolina

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Now they could care less about the customer.
I've been to many different Walmarts and some are better than others, depending on the staff.

But in my experience at all Walmarts you're no longer a person who plans to give them your money but a potential thief. Those greeters who appear so happy to see you, they're getting paid to be nice to you; and their real purpose for being there is to check out everything you bring into the store and everything you take out.

R

RichMan

But in my experience at all Walmarts you're no longer a person who plans to give them your money but a potential thief. Those greeters who appear so happy to see you, they're getting paid to be nice to you; and their real purpose for being there is to check out everything you bring into the store and everything you take out.
[/QUOTE]

Must be your neighborhood.
Our local WalMart does not have greeters. Never has the few times I have been there.
Maybe they cannot find anyone to be a greeter for only $16 per hour.
Not enough money for such a high skilled position.

O

Oblio

I do not like Wal-Mart. I liked K-Mart. I liked Woolco. I liked locally-owned stores. But I plan on going to Wal-Mart sometime since the alternatives also sell all the same freedom-undermining stuff but at a higher price.
I don't like this world. The way things are going, I believe I'll soon like it even less. One day I'll wake up from this bad dream and be with my Lord. In the mean time, I'll make the best of it.

R

RichMan

I do not like Wal-Mart. I liked K-Mart. I liked Woolco. I liked locally-owned stores. But I plan on going to Wal-Mart sometime since the alternatives also sell all the same freedom-undermining stuff but at a higher price.
I don't like this world. The way things are going, I believe I'll soon like it even less. One day I'll wake up from this bad dream and be with my Lord. In the mean time, I'll make the best of it.
As much as I dislike shopping at WalMart, I am also thankful I can.
There are many people in this world, even in the USA, would love to have the money and opportunity we have.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
As much as I dislike shopping at WalMart, I am also thankful I can.
There are many people in this world, even in the USA, would love to have the money and opportunity we have.
Yes, totally agree. (y)

S

SophieT

Made our quarterly trip to WalMart last week to buy a few things we can not buy locally.
36 miles each way.
After finding what we needed, went to the front to find only one cashier, so went to the self checkout registers.
After we scanned everything and tried to pay , it would not accept our cash.
When I asked for help, I was told the self checkout registers only took credit or debit cards. If I wanted to pay cash I would have to go the one cashier and get in line with the other 30 people lined up there.
Thankfully, my wife was able to get me to the door before I totally lost it.
Left over $300 worth of product scanned and sacked on the register.

Has anyone else had to deal with people who do not take cash.
If I can not pay cash, I will not shop with them.

this is not a conspiracy

this is just common sense

when you pay cash, most often a person receives change

now think about what would happen if the self check out had a cash drawer.....

it's common sense at the self help check out that it would be credit or debit

Has anyone else had to deal with people who do not take cash.
If I can not pay cash, I will not shop with them.
we pay cash almost all the time at Wally's, Sams, lowes etc

again, it is YOU not understanding you cannot have a cash drawer at a self check out

smh

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
this is not a conspiracy

again, it is YOU not understanding you cannot have a cash drawer at a self check out

smh
Not just that but if you pay cash they have something that crooks can steal, so they have to pay more for guards and delivery of cash to the bank

R

RichMan

this is not a conspiracy

smh
It is you that does not understand.
The self checkout is totally automated.
You put your cash in and it returns your change.
They can set it to receive cash and give change, or they can set it to only accept a card.
I have used these many times in the past by putting cash in the correct slot and collecting my change.
That is what upset me. No warning that it would not accept my cash this time.

R

RichMan

Not just that but if you pay cash they have something that crooks can steal, so they have to pay more for guards and delivery of cash to the bank
Have you not heard of identity thief?
Any time you use a card, all your info is there for the taking.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Walmart...just doesn't care...even with the problems..and, yes, I,too, have experienced
the system freezing up at the end of the process...but I needed the items...so,
went thru it all again.😜

Like I said...they don't care😱...'cause people come back...they have the best prices..etc.etc.etc.

S

SophieT

It is you that does not understand.
The self checkout is totally automated.
You put your cash in and it returns your change.
They can set it to receive cash and give change, or they can set it to only accept a card.
I have used these many times in the past by putting cash in the correct slot and collecting my change.
That is what upset me. No warning that it would not accept my cash this time.
my understanding, which this thread will back up, is that not all of those machines accept cash see post 9 and 11

as has been said, they are clearly marked

but of course there must be some hideous conspiracy behind the scenes and no better place to go on and on and on about it then here :rolleyes:

S

SophieT

oh please

note to self: start carrying a howitzer to deter deviants wanting my cash...or stop looking guilty for having so much cash it bulges out of your purse

smh

S

SophieT

I don't think public touch screens are in the minority when it comes to fecal bacteria. If it's there it's probably just about everywhere.
apparently, those grocery carts are teeming with fecal bacteria from people sitting their junior selves in the little basket thingy up front

we should all stay home and collect anti-bacterial bottles of goop as if Covid were a thing

oh wait.....:censored:

R

RichMan

my understanding, which this thread will back up, is that not all of those machines accept cash see post 9 and 11

as has been said, they are clearly marked

but of course there must be some hideous conspiracy behind the scenes and no better place to go on and on and on about it then here :rolleyes:
I only know from experience.
All self checkout registers at my local WalMart can be set to receive cash or be set to not receive cash.
It is not about a conspiracy and never said it was.
My complaint was that I was not warned until I had already scanned everything, and then was told if I wanted to pay cash I would have to get in line at the one and only register that would receive cash.
If this is the new policy, they should have place a large sigh at the entrance stating the new policy. I could then decide if I wanted to shop there or not.
Not only did it waste my time, but they had to pay someone to restock everything I left on the register when I choose not to stand in a line with 30 others.

Am I foolish? May be in your eyes. But I have paid cash for over 75 years and old habits are hard to break.