Deep Theology

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

The word hate is also found in the translation from the greek text. Both hebrew and greek words often have variations of their meaning. There is a reason why Bible scholars have translated these hebrew (Strong's H8101).and greek (Strong's G3404) words to "hate" in the english tongue. All words must have clear implications and make sense for the reader.
then we have an issue. because Jesus said:
Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

how can we love our parents, our spouses and children any less than this? if we did, it would be a sin.

Yet jesus, using the same word you are discussing makes this statement;

Luke 14:26
“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

so did Jesus contradict himself? is he really telling us to "hate" our own families? or telling us to "love less" our familes, (Love God more)?

We are, as said, not to speculate much about the nature of God's love/wrath, of which both are real. But we have to discern the scriptures as to get their message.

Does it makes sense to say:

The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou loveth less all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will love less the bloody and deceitful man.

Do not I love them less, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I love them less with perfect loving less I count them mine enemies.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the lesser love of God abideth on him.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and loved less iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I love less.

What about the people who are in hell, are they just "loved less" by God? Loved?? He surely has a funny way of showing it, wouldn't you say?

I think it better then to lovingly warn people of that terrible end that awaits the unrepentant wicked, instead of somehow making them feeeel OK, with empty words about a love that makes not much sense for them.
as for the verses. I will have to look them up when I get home where I have the origional text.

as for the people in hell, and others.

Lets take your child as an example, or a close friend whom you "love"

If they break the law, are not bound to make them pay the "penalty" for breaking the law? Does it mean you do not love them if you enforce the rule of law on them?

God made the law. The law says, if you sin, the penalty is "death"

what is death? Separation. Sin separates us from God.

does it mean God does not "love" those whom he enforces his laws and his judgment? Is it Gods fault they are in "hell (eternal separation or death)? Does he literally "hate" them? Would you literally "Hate your children if they were judged as guilty and condemned?

The facts are;

1. Gods love can not over rule his justice.
2. Gods justice demands a penatly for sin (death)
3. God's love can not over rule his justice and give people a "get out of jail free card" Even if Gods love was so great he realy wanted to. If he did, he would not be God.
4. Gods love, however, provided a way to "save" those whom he loved, and still satisfy his justice (he died for them)
5. God doe snot just "give" this love to everyone, for this would again make his love overrule his justice.
6. He thus offers it to all men. But men have to 'recieve" this gift to make it apply to them.
7. If they recieve it (freely) Gods justice is satisfied. they are "made alive) fellowship is restored. and this fellowship is eternal in nature (eternal life)
8. if they reject this gift. Gods justice still stands (they remain dead in sin) and suffer the second death (hell) which is eternal. However, it does not mean God did not love them.

Jesus, when he entered jerusalem, said he wanted to make Isreal his children, he loved them, but his truth was far from their rebelious hearts. Israel was evil, they had him crucified. Yet Jesus and God loved them. even though he poured out his wrath on them in 70 AD.

N

Nalu

Jesus loves you... Just sayin'. You think about that :)
This is the original topic. A simple message that Jesus loves you.

Could we get back on topic please?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Remember that sunday school song Jesus Loves Me?

Jesus Loves me this I know
For the bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak
But He Is Strong

Pretty good theology I would say...