Deeper into His word study- You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Personally, I'm also interested in how people come to understand as they do.

Yes also you have a very admirable “people person “ quality I wish I had myself . You have the nature a man needs to get somewhere into someone’s life with the information you have because of that sincere good human quality you have it’s noticeable brother I’ve always appreciated you . youve had a lot of grace towards me and others and it’s noted and needed and appreciated

I’m a bit more like 80 grit sandpaper or chalkboard skreaching sometimes

hopefully there’s grace for my flaws , I believe there’s grace enough for all of our shortcomings who believe in the good Lord if we know and really believe this much of what he said then we can believe it and it’s true we and then we can grow up in that faith

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬
I appreciate your kind words. The feeling is mutual. You, and many others, have added to and blessed my life on this site the last couple of years. It's a great gift of God to make us people who find our greatest satisfaction in fellowship and community; both with Him and one another.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I appreciate your kind words. The feeling is mutual. You, and many others, have added to and blessed my life on this site the last couple of years. It's a great gift of God to make us people who find our greatest satisfaction in fellowship and community; both with Him and one another.
Amen. Brother definately a blessing to have met you and interacted peacefully !!

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:23-24

These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.
Matthew 15:8-9

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him. John 14:16-17

If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. John 14:23-24

My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. John 7:16

that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. John 5:23

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. John 17:3

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. John 17:17
Deuteronomy 6:5!

Drakkonis

Feb 22, 2024
OP is great. But scripture is vastly deep and wide. It means far more than a cursory reading reveals. I'm trying to find out what God has revealed to others. I already know what He has revealed to me. So unless someone explains what their understanding of the scripture is, I can only be edified by the scripture, and not the revelation God may have shared with them.
Hello. I'm new here. In fact, this is my very first post on CC. I thought I would answer your question as to what the scriptures referenced in #1 reveals to me.

First, let me say that I find these verses especially relevant to me due to where I believe God has brought me at this point in my life. Simply put, my spiritual walk with Jesus has been a rollercoaster, with great highs and terrible lows. Sometimes I even thought about abandoning my faith because it was often too painful but, the knowledge that there is literally nowhere else to go and knowing God is faithful kept me going.

So, my Bible study has lately been about submitting to God and what that actually looks like, which is what I believe the quotes in #1 are ultimately talking about. These quotes are just a fraction of all those that speak about submission.

I am learning that submission isn't simply doing things, living our lives according to God's commands. We all understand why the Pharisees failed so miserably doing this. As John 23-24 states, the Father is seeking worshippers who worship in spirit and truth. What I believe God is now teaching me to see is how utterly we are to worship in spirit and truth and what that looks like.

To explain the then/now of it I will relate something about my Grandmother before she died. Then, her husband had died years earlier and lived alone in her home. I thought, to be a good Christian, I should go over to visit her and give her some company. I should mention that I am an introvert, bordering on insular, so this was not easy for me to do, but I did it. Not often but as much as I could get myself to do it.

Grandma was so grateful every time I visited. Sometimes she would even cry in happiness that I had come. But I never stayed more than half an hour. I was too uncomfortable and had other things I wanted to do. But, after each visit, as I got into my truck, I thought, wow, I'm really making progress as a Christain. I felt good about myself and thought God was pleased. Then she passed away. I knew I had failed her as the family stood around her deathbed but it never occurred to me how badly I had failed God.

If I had known then what God is making me see today, I would do things differently and for entirely different reasons. I am learning that to submit to God means there is no aspect of me, no thought, no attitude, no emotion, no desire and no action that can be left to my own will or judgement. To submit means that every last thing about me must fall under the control of God and His will for me. I must let go of whatever my natural self thinks or desires and be conformed to the image of Jesus.

I should have visited my Grandmother every chance I got. Not because of selfish reasons like my self-image as a Christan, but simply because that would be God's will. My motive should have been to love my Grandmother as God would and to please God. How hard or uncomfortable it may have been is irrelevant. I can only imagine how much spiritual growth I missed out on if I had truly submitted for the sake of God's glory rather than my own self aggrandizement.

So, that's what those and many other verses mean to me. The true meaning of submission. The abandonment of self for the concern with God being the central part of me and His will.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Hello. I'm new here. In fact, this is my very first post on CC. I thought I would answer your question as to what the scriptures referenced in #1 reveals to me.

First, let me say that I find these verses especially relevant to me due to where I believe God has brought me at this point in my life. Simply put, my spiritual walk with Jesus has been a rollercoaster, with great highs and terrible lows. Sometimes I even thought about abandoning my faith because it was often too painful but, the knowledge that there is literally nowhere else to go and knowing God is faithful kept me going.

So, my Bible study has lately been about submitting to God and what that actually looks like, which is what I believe the quotes in #1 are ultimately talking about. These quotes are just a fraction of all those that speak about submission.

I am learning that submission isn't simply doing things, living our lives according to God's commands. We all understand why the Pharisees failed so miserably doing this. As John 23-24 states, the Father is seeking worshippers who worship in spirit and truth. What I believe God is now teaching me to see is how utterly we are to worship in spirit and truth and what that looks like.

To explain the then/now of it I will relate something about my Grandmother before she died. Then, her husband had died years earlier and lived alone in her home. I thought, to be a good Christian, I should go over to visit her and give her some company. I should mention that I am an introvert, bordering on insular, so this was not easy for me to do, but I did it. Not often but as much as I could get myself to do it.

Grandma was so grateful every time I visited. Sometimes she would even cry in happiness that I had come. But I never stayed more than half an hour. I was too uncomfortable and had other things I wanted to do. But, after each visit, as I got into my truck, I thought, wow, I'm really making progress as a Christain. I felt good about myself and thought God was pleased. Then she passed away. I knew I had failed her as the family stood around her deathbed but it never occurred to me how badly I had failed God.

If I had known then what God is making me see today, I would do things differently and for entirely different reasons. I am learning that to submit to God means there is no aspect of me, no thought, no attitude, no emotion, no desire and no action that can be left to my own will or judgement. To submit means that every last thing about me must fall under the control of God and His will for me. I must let go of whatever my natural self thinks or desires and be conformed to the image of Jesus.

I should have visited my Grandmother every chance I got. Not because of selfish reasons like my self-image as a Christan, but simply because that would be God's will. My motive should have been to love my Grandmother as God would and to please God. How hard or uncomfortable it may have been is irrelevant. I can only imagine how much spiritual growth I missed out on if I had truly submitted for the sake of God's glory rather than my own self aggrandizement.

So, that's what those and many other verses mean to me. The true meaning of submission. The abandonment of self for the concern with God being the central part of me and His will.
I appreciate you taking the time to share. There's alot there to consider. But welcome to the site. I look forward to many exchanges.

May 1, 2022
OP is great. But scripture is vastly deep and wide. It means far more than a cursory reading reveals. I'm trying to find out what God has revealed to others. I already know what He has revealed to me. So unless someone explains what their understanding of the scripture is, I can only be edified by the scripture, and not the revelation God may have shared with them.
There is no such thing as new revelations of God. Maybe truths of God's Word that has been revealed to us that we can share with others, but those revealed truths were already there, they weren't new just unknown. The greatest revelation of God on this earth is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
There is no such thing as new revelations of God. Maybe truths of God's Word that has been revealed to us that we can share with others, but those revealed truths were already there, they weren't new just unknown. The greatest revelation of God on this earth is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
You are correct that. I didn't mean to imply that the canon of scripture isn't complete. Revelation today is the uncovering of truth within the word of God. But it is new to us and a source of great blessing as God communicates to His people the truth of His word. And none of us hold that truth in totality. So gleaning the things that God has revealed to others is like finding gold nuggets without having to dig in the mine. Grace upon grace.

May 1, 2022
You are correct that. I didn't mean to imply that the canon of scripture isn't complete. Revelation today is the uncovering of truth within the word of God. But it is new to us and a source of great blessing as God communicates to His people the truth of His word. And none of us hold that truth in totality. So gleaning the things that God has revealed to others is like finding gold nuggets without having to dig in the mine. Grace upon grace.
Wholeheartedly agree as long as when we share what we believe God's Word is saying we follow this signature.

My Signature------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noone on Earth brings new revelation, that isn't already revealed through the Word of God, which is fullest revelation given to man. Through the moving and operation of the Holy Ghost, I Pray what we say here brings the truth of these Revelations, truth by truth, or precept upon precept, to the heart of the hearer. Lay what we say before the feet of Jesus (Word of God) and compare, the Bible is Always truth, so if they don't match, we need to reevaluate our stance. What we say or do here will have lasting impact upon the believer and sinner alike. We most certainly have freedom of speech, but any true christian will weigh what they say against the Word of God and if they don't agree God is not in error, and we need to pray for understanding. Those that have more meat of the Word can help those who are struggling, if done with humility, peace and love. I don't mind a peaceful debate, but when we start to argue amongst each other that is not the Spirit of God. God Bless and Peace to you all. (This signature is in general and not pointing fingers at anyone at anytime. God Bless.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 1, 2022
I haven't paid for a subscription to have a one on one conversation but Cameron143 check this thread out saying that Faith is a work. https://christianchat.com/bible-dis...e-book-of-life-or.214168/page-32#post-5249033

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I haven't paid for a subscription to have a one on one conversation but Cameron143 check this thread out saying that Faith is a work. https://christianchat.com/bible-dis...e-book-of-life-or.214168/page-32#post-5249033
It's an excellent synopsis of the relationship between grace and faith in my opinion. The nuances of salvation are often muddied by preconceptions we bring to it. We are a long way from a unity in the faith. But you seem to have a pretty good handle on things.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
By the Grace of God we have faith, for faith is a gift of the Father to each and all who believe. The relationship is just this.