Delayed sleep phase disorder

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kaycie

I so have this! It's such a bummer cause I like mornings, especially sunrise. Going to bed early and getting up early still leaves me sleepy throughout the day. So I tried to go the other route. I tried staying up even later and later until the time I go to bed and wake up lined up where they should be. Still didn't work. What's wrong with me? Lol

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have sleep apnea, does that count? It cost me my truck driving job 3 years b4 retirement and so I was banished to the docks :(
Empathy given here, my hubby has sleep apnea as well, due to an abnomal shaped jaw, sinuses, and genetics.
In fact, four of our five children also have sleep apnea and are now getting treatment.
Sleep apnea will cause long term health issues, so please make sure you keep on top of it all. :)

God bless
pickles

Dec 26, 2014
Jeff, I think you're generalizing too much. You do not have insight into every individual case ......
no person needs insight into your or reborn's case, per se , when GOD'S WORD SPEAKS directly to it.

reborn's issue is way more than we can go into here, and besides, it's not pertinent now.

for sleep - yahweh in HIS WORD promises rest, to everyone who is his beloved (i.e. everyone in yahshua(Jesus)).... even though it may take some time (7 years , a couple decades sometimes), and
as it
all rests with yahweh, there are or may be exceptions / differences/ out of the 'ordinary' .... just like

the meaning of dreams, rested not with Joseph, nor with Daniel, but with YAHWEH --- thus also all deliverance / salvation/ healing all rests with YAHWEH(GOD) in and through yahshua...
and
the simple approach, the truth, applies to everyone. those who are not yet free from trusting the flesh/ the doctors/ the 'professionals'/ society/ will feel convicted if there is any chance for them - they will feel like the truth is 'judgmental' , but if they stick with seeking GOD and HIS WORD, they will recover and be thankful and praise HIS NAME; because it is all up to HIM, and HE IS DELIGHTED to reveal the truth as his children seek him; and the truth sets people free.

even people who have been trusting plain and simple GOD'S WORD and JESUS for many years, are delighted and surprised with joy when the 'simple' truth is revealed to them ---- not very many people anywhere know the truth, including pastors and doctors and professionals that 'everyone' is trained from the time they are born to trust, contrary to GOD'S WORD.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
no person needs insight into your or reborn's case, per se , when GOD'S WORD SPEAKS directly to it.

reborn's issue is way more than we can go into here, and besides, it's not pertinent now.

for sleep - yahweh in HIS WORD promises rest, to everyone who is his beloved (i.e. everyone in yahshua(Jesus)).... even though it may take some time (7 years , a couple decades sometimes), and
as it
all rests with yahweh, there are or may be exceptions / differences/ out of the 'ordinary' .... just like

the meaning of dreams, rested not with Joseph, nor with Daniel, but with YAHWEH --- thus also all deliverance / salvation/ healing all rests with YAHWEH(GOD) in and through yahshua...
and
the simple approach, the truth, applies to everyone. those who are not yet free from trusting the flesh/ the doctors/ the 'professionals'/ society/ will feel convicted if there is any chance for them - they will feel like the truth is 'judgmental' , but if they stick with seeking GOD and HIS WORD, they will recover and be thankful and praise HIS NAME; because it is all up to HIM, and HE IS DELIGHTED to reveal the truth as his children seek him; and the truth sets people free.

even people who have been trusting plain and simple GOD'S WORD and JESUS for many years, are delighted and surprised with joy when the 'simple' truth is revealed to them ---- not very many people anywhere know the truth, including pastors and doctors and professionals that 'everyone' is trained from the time they are born to trust, contrary to GOD'S WORD.
.......Dude what is your problem?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have always had trouble sleeping I required sleeping pills to sleep but even though I could get a full nights rest I was always tired in the day no idea why then lately for the past week or two every night I wake up in the middle of the night several times and sometimes have trouble going back to sleep. I have asked God for help but so far it isn't his will but he knows what he is doing so I am not worried

F

Femalelamb

Have you had your iron levels checked, and talked to a herbalist or nutritinist? Also, when you wake during the night sometimes God is trying to tell you something. I pray you hear just His voice and clearly and that He Los speaks scripture and confirms His Word over you. (((Hugs)))

F

Femalelamb

Afterthought... God gives rest in ways some don't even know. :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Have you had your iron levels checked, and talked to a herbalist or nutritinist? Also, when you wake during the night sometimes God is trying to tell you something. I pray you hear just His voice and clearly and that He Los speaks scripture and confirms His Word over you. (((Hugs)))
no I haven't had my iron levels checked but maybe next time I go to the doctor i can ask, If God is trying to tell me something I never hear it I usually talk to him until I fall asleep again

B

Brighthouse

Hi Mooky, On june 25th I am going in for that very reason,now the doctors say this about your fine subject.From what i gather some who sleep stop breathing for a short amount of time,the person, who is asleep, then wakes,as if just to move into another position,as they themselves do not know they have stopped breathing.

This can happen as much as 10 times a night,sometimes the person when they do wake, can for some reason be tired,or not in the mood to do much of anything,they do not know why of course. So I will speak on this again if this is wrong with me LOL I am not tired,and really do not like to sleep. But the doctors think I have a problem in sleeping. LOL

So we will see.They ask questions like, are you depressed? Do you find a need to eat in the middle of the night? Do you expercience short term memory loss? No for me to all of these questions. Do you become angry for really no reason? No i always have a reason when I am angry!! LOL So I will spend a night with them, and then we shall see if i have a problem,or if they are concerned over nothing. LOL Thanks for the question though!!

A

atwhatcost

I never thought I'd like a sleep disorder. I'd take DSPD over what I have. At least you get 8 hours somewhere along the line.

Hi. My name is Lynn.

This is me on a sleeping pill. It is 6 AM. Too tired to think, too awake to sleep. I gave up caffeine in the 90's. When I run down the list of what I do for a doctor, I usually teach them a thing or two they didn't know before. I also have sleep apnea, unless you believe my last sleep doctor, who, apparently thinks sleeping a whopping four hours while tossing and turning taught her something. The thing she missed is if I sleep 6-8 hours, all in a row and everything, I will wake up with a swollen whatever-that-thing-is-called-in-the-back-of-the-throat-that-was-always-shown-as-a-punching-bag-in-old-cartoons. It's so swollen, I have trouble swallowing for 4-6 hours.

I snore. I snore so loud that hubby was annoyed with the sound as he sat in the kitchen one floor down and the bedroom door closed. (True story.) I snore so bad, the Philadelphia Airport calls to tell me to lower the volume. (Not so true story.) One time hubby and I went to visit my cousins. He really was in the kitchen on the first floor. He could hear me snoring in the upstairs bedroom, my uncle snoring in the other upstairs bedroom, and my cousin snoring in the basement bedroom. He had snoring in quad. (True story.) Snoring runs in the genes of both sides of my family, (even though Dad, the king of the snorers swears he doesn't snore. lol) But, hey, that's not sleep apnea.
:confused:

And honestly, what's the use of a sleep doctor if her idea of helping me is to say take sleeping pills for the study? Even then the sleeping pills only worked sometimes -- and sure enough that was one of the better nights for it not working. At least I got some sleep. You'd think a sleep doctor would think insomnia is a problem too, especially when sleeping pills don't always work.

Right now I'm about ready to go to bed. I should average 45 minutes of sleep (not necessarily in a row) every hour for 3-5 hours, before it's time to get up 'cuz hubby has to have me go to pick up a prescription for him and his knee is messed up, so, if we can't find a parking spot when we get home, I can drop him off at the front door before finding a spot.

Insomnia -- dang inconvenient, and almost everything I like to do requires some level of thinking.

Enough babbling from yet another insomniac. lol