Deliverance from Addictions: Part 1

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18


​

I shared my poem video "Adored" about the life journey of someone who struggled with addiction but now has with a wonderful relationship with God. When my friend saw it, she suggested I blog on addictions and God's deliverance. What a great idea! So that is exactly what my next blog series will be on!


Even though "Adored" is based on my friend's testimony, I also know the Lord as my Deliverer from my cigarette addiction. (If you are interested, the link to my testimony about God's deliverance from smoking is here on Christian Chat: http://christianchat.com/testimonies/66033-nonsmoking-please.html)

I hope you enjoy the upcoming blog series on deliverance and that it will draw you closer to the Lord. I encourage you to read it even if you are not struggling with addiction because God may use you as His instrument of deliverance for someone else one day. Will you pray with me?

Lord, I pray for everyone here on Christian Chat to know You as a God with the power to deliver. We trust in Your Word that You came to proclaim freedom for prisoners in Luke 4:18. We trust that You will do this for us even though we do not deserve Your mercy, we receive it. Thank You, Lord, for Your mercy and power. In Christ's Name, Amen.
 
Thanks God for your encouragement, by the way, that's a beautiful illustration of Jesus and the disciples. :)