Deliverance from Schizophrenia and Tuberous Sclerosis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melly4jesus

Aug 2, 2017
I am currently 21 years old and congregating at a pentecostal church. I'm going to be sharing with you my testimony on how I came to know Jesus Christ, my savior.

It all began one day, when my friend invited me to attend church with him, this church wasn't like any other church I'd been to, it was a Pentecostal church, a church I had never heard of it.

Growing up, I was used to attending catholic churches all my life, I was even baptized catholic as a baby, I was taught to use a rosary, pray to Virgin Mary and to dead people. My friend kept on bugging me to come to church with him, I finally accepted, I remember getting prayed for at this church, this man laying both of his hands on my head and praying for me, I fell down on the floor and became really emotional, what was happening? I didn't understand at the time. The holy spirit made a change in my heart that day, a change I will never forget. I didn't go back to that church until years later.
Years went by, as I got into high school, all I really wanted was to fit in, I started wearing makeup, I took pills to lose weight, I started going to clubs and parties, consuming drugs and drinking, giving myself away to different men, My life was a complete mess, I had this deep void in my heart, I was seeking attention in the wrong places, I knew something important was missing in my life, but what was it?

one day I got caught stealing, I cried bitterly, how could I let all of this happen? A couple of years later, I opened the TV to a man preaching about Jesus Christ and how I need to put my faith in Him. I was fully attentive, I began having faith and believing in Jesus Christ, I knew He was real but I wanted to know more, Is Jesus really the son of God? is heaven and hell real? I went on a long journey to find out this truth, I bought myself a bible and a book called Jesus calling, I read this book day and night until I prayed and asked the holy spirit to open up my eyes to see things the way He does, all of a sudden, my eyes were opened, nature became more vivid, trees we're beautiful, I could see and hear Gods love everywhere. That night I was invited to go bowling with friends, I heard a song from Rihana, a famous world pop singer ''Set fire to the world'' God let me hear spiritually the deception thru music of the world, I could discern how that song was inspired by Satan himself, he is out there to deceive the world and music is one of His main targets to do so. I heard a lot of gossiping from my friends of the world and God opened my understand to see how much He hates gossip, He wants us all to love one another, as we are made in His image.

Getting back home, I kept on reading my devotional, I fell deeply in love with Jesus, that void began to leave. I began understanding that He is a God of love, He loves me unconditionaly, more than I can ever imagine. I spent time repenting of my sins, telling Him how much I wanted to change. I began speaking in tongues by faith and praying for people to come to the truth and to get delivered from their bondage's, I prayed that God would break chains and strongholds in peoples lives after having read that in a christian book. I saw visions of really big chains breaking in my mind as I would pray for peoples chains and strongholds to be broken. It was a powerful, supernatural experience that I will never forget. I went to my friends home and my christian friend called me and asked me if i wanted to accept Jesus, as I was praying to accept Jesus I felt the holy spirit coming over me more and more, a strong fire burning within me, my sins erased and forgiven, I knew in that moment Jesus is real, He really died for my sins! He loves me. shortly after, I was taken to the hospital after having a strong demonic attack, Satan was not happy with my decision to accept Jesus, I was brought to the hospital in a psychiatric ward, arms and legs tied up, Satan tried to get me to kill myself, I stabbed myself with a plastic fork, I stuck my fingers in my mouth to stop breathing. he knew the great plans God had for my life and tried to stop me from living out those plans by trying to get me to take my life. The thought came to me afterwards... I am not a schizophrenic!!! Jesus died for my sins! I am delivered and healed! I began walking in this truth, walking around the halls and greeting people, showing them that love that I received from Jesus, being humiliated and brought low, but it didn't matter, He was all that truly mattered, feeling His love daily in my life, I didn't want to leave. I witnessed people getting delivered! God is a healer and I give Him all the glory. To whomever may be reading this, I encourage you to let Jesus come into your heart today, I promise you, He is so worth it. God has mighty plans for your life! never stop going to church NO MATTER WHAT.

J0Hnnatcc3

May 26, 2017
Thanks for sharing. I bet your friend was beside himself-happy that you discovered Jesus :)

S

Sherril

Powerful, beautiful testimony of Gods love and the salvation of our Lord......God is so amazing all that He is as He is our Abba Father He takes good care of His children....Our Lord Jesus is our wonderful Redeemer, Lord and Savior..... thank you for sharing .....We exult you God ...Love In Christ Sherril.....:)

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Thank-you for sharing, daughter of Zion, daughter of Christ-- It sounds like you are going forward in the spiritual battle. Your testimony of not seeing yourself with a medical definition is a powerful one. Everything you are saying leads me to suggest the book, "The Bondage Breaker, " by Dr. Neil Anderson, and the "Freedom in Christ" ministries, especially the images of chains of spiritual bondage breaking, which is on the front cover. Also, your ideas about our true identity as Christians being a source of healing, based on the Bible is also in that book, and one of their other books, "Victory Over the Darkness." It is important to read and understand the powerful truths of the Bible found in these books and also another one, "Walking in Freedom." Another thing you mentioned was being healed of a form of a nerve condition? Dr. Anderson mentions in one of his books (sorry I don't have the page number) that he believes that some forms of MS are spiritually based, more than physically or nervous system. And so healing is made more available by finding freedom in Christ.

As far as the role of medications in all of this, I don't know the answer. Many of them, especially for so-called, "Schizophrenia" are very risky due to possible serious side-effects, and cause so much sleepiness that it is difficult to make it normally through a day, and work against discipline that is necessary to get well, such as getting up early--with the warriors and the fishermen and women-- (Jesus got up "very early before daybreak"). It's better to rely on God's power and eternal realities, than the temporary power of pills and chemical realities. But, at the same time, if a person is in a crisis, they can sort of hold people together mentally, until a stable healthy place for recovery can be found, and supportive, friendly people. But, many people have reported that the pills that hold them together, also keep them from growing spiritually, and tend to cloud normal feelings. So, if they are used, it should not be for an extended time, but, only to allow temporary crisis healing. Even doctors will say that many of the medications lose their effectiveness over time, which is a sign that they are not meant as a permanent fix, and especially not as a replacement for a relationship with God, and with Jesus--the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord, that you have found with flying colors! :)

As far as the Catholic Church goes-- many people believe that, while the Church is not perfect, they have found help from what Catholics describe as the sacramental power of the Church, which is meant to be an extension of God's power revealed in the Bible, but, only through a born-again relationship. So, maybe many years from now, you might feel strong enough, and led by God to return and help others find that same born-again relationship.

Thank-you for surviving and not giving up--
It gives hope to so many people when people endure such suffering and find victory and healing through the healing power of Christ.
--Herald

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Powerful, beautiful testimony of Gods love and the salvation of our Lord......God is so amazing all that He is as He is our Abba Father He takes good care of His children....Our Lord Jesus is our wonderful Redeemer, Lord and Savior..... thank you for sharing .....We exult you God ...Love In Christ Sherril.....:)
Sherril said it even better!

jesussavesbro7

Jan 5, 2016
AMEENNNN GIRL. I NEED TO TALK TO YOU. I WANT TO BE CLOSE TO JESUS LIKE THAT SEEING HOW GOD SEES THINGS, I WANT GOD GLASSES. THERES A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE THAT MADE ME WANT THAT LIKE THIS GUY CAME INTO A COFFE SHOP AND WAS UPSET AND THIS GUY BROUGHT HIM GLASSES HE PUT IT ON AND IT SHOWED WHAT EVERYONE WAS DEALING WITH. LOST OF JOB, DEPRESSED, LOST A FRIEND JUST EVERYTHING WE DEAL WITH. I WOULD LOVE TO BE SISTERS WITH YOU. I AM GOING TO EMAIL YOU. CAN WE TALK?

Feb 28, 2016
11TIM. 4:18.
And The Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom:
to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1COR. 5:5.
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
that the spirit may be saved in the day of The Lord Jesus.

ROM. 4:25.
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

JOB 33:24.
Then He is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.

PS. 22:20.
Deliver my soul from the sword; my Darling from the power of the dog.