J
J-Kay-2
Guest
Started smoking age 19. Smoked 12 years. The Lord delivered me from
them through laying on of hands prayer in Bible study group, plus sisters
in the Lord prayed. But the thing I found that worked most was a book
in the '70's called FROM PRISON TO PRAISE .... He taught to begin
to praise the Lord before we see our prayer answered. Keep on even though
while smoking, I was saying, Thank You Lord You are going to deliver me.
While talking on the phone w/ a friend one day I told her.... "I am going
to quit smoking as soon as I finish this pack." She asked, "why don't you
do it now?" ( she is outspoken ). I said, "Yes, I will do that." I tore up
the cigarettes and put them in garbage. I was free.
Fast forward..... 12 years. I come into a time in my life I slipped into
the world. I left the flock of sheep and wandered off for a while. One
thing I picked up again was smoking. I was a heavy smoker for 12 yrs.
again. I came back to my senses 8 yrs later, but kept smoking and
drawing nigh unto the Lord. Seriously. He is merciful and gracious
and oh so forgiving.
My husband and I made a choice to become vegetarian. We juiced
carrots, ate all fresh foods. Gave up meat. I quit smoking the day
we started our new lifestyle of eating. So being so focused on the
new diet, I did not have time to think of missing them. I praise God.
We are not totally vegetarian now. We don't juice and don't eat
red meat. Most of all I don't smoke.
So, my story is.... On 12 yrs. off 12 yrs. and on 12 yrs. off 13.
Our Lord is truly faithful and patient. All that I am ... I owe to Him.
See sequel to this..... the Road to Deliverance. J~K~2
them through laying on of hands prayer in Bible study group, plus sisters
in the Lord prayed. But the thing I found that worked most was a book
in the '70's called FROM PRISON TO PRAISE .... He taught to begin
to praise the Lord before we see our prayer answered. Keep on even though
while smoking, I was saying, Thank You Lord You are going to deliver me.
While talking on the phone w/ a friend one day I told her.... "I am going
to quit smoking as soon as I finish this pack." She asked, "why don't you
do it now?" ( she is outspoken ). I said, "Yes, I will do that." I tore up
the cigarettes and put them in garbage. I was free.
Fast forward..... 12 years. I come into a time in my life I slipped into
the world. I left the flock of sheep and wandered off for a while. One
thing I picked up again was smoking. I was a heavy smoker for 12 yrs.
again. I came back to my senses 8 yrs later, but kept smoking and
drawing nigh unto the Lord. Seriously. He is merciful and gracious
and oh so forgiving.
My husband and I made a choice to become vegetarian. We juiced
carrots, ate all fresh foods. Gave up meat. I quit smoking the day
we started our new lifestyle of eating. So being so focused on the
new diet, I did not have time to think of missing them. I praise God.
We are not totally vegetarian now. We don't juice and don't eat
red meat. Most of all I don't smoke.
So, my story is.... On 12 yrs. off 12 yrs. and on 12 yrs. off 13.
Our Lord is truly faithful and patient. All that I am ... I owe to Him.
See sequel to this..... the Road to Deliverance. J~K~2