Deliverance- Possession, Oppression or Attack

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaeHeart

Oct 9, 2021
Hello All,

This prayer request is somewhat of a follow-up to my last request. Thank you for all who prayed and commented. I believe I am doing better by faith however I am questioning a few things. The reason why I was questioning God's acceptance of me was not just bc of past sin but also due to my experiences. I am experiencing intrusive thoughts, feelings in my emotions that are different from past times, fears, sometimes hallucinations, and other things. The most alarming thing is that these thoughts are very unique in nature and not just the typical evil or blasphemous thoughts, sometimes they appear to be knowledge based about something to come or something related it. I desire to have God in my life. I pray for deliverance, read the word and also try to worship however I have internal conflicts about some of my feelings. I'm not sure what all this means but I think the most important concern of mine is if God is willing to deliver me from all of us this internal, external warfare because I need to be whole. I know that I don't deserve it but if He's willing, I need to be free.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Of course you deserve to be free from the Curse that Adam and Eve brought upon the world. Did [you] do something to be born under the Curse of the Lord? What did you do to deserve this? That's right . . . nothing. Romans chapter 5 tells us that the unholy work of Adam and Eve placed ALL of the physical world into a Curse of death and decay. All things are corrupt and will die/decay. Prior to Adam and Eve and their unholy work, this Curse, obviously, did not exist. There was no death; there was no decay; there was no corruption upon the physical world.

It is helpful to know that eliminating this Curse is the Purpose of Christ, and it is the Work of Christ that accomplishes His Purpose. Therefore, because there is an accomplishment by the Work of Christ, this imples that there is an Effect of Christ. So, Christ has a Purpose; He has a Work, and the Work produces an effect.

You said that you want to be "whole." That's the right word! But in order to become whole, you must receive the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ. What this means is simply that Jesus takes away the Spiritual side of the Curse . . . the cutting away of the Sinful Nature. In fact, this is what physical circumcision represents within the Bible and humanity, beginning all the way back with Abraham in Genesis chapter 17. And this is why it is important that we know and understand the life of Abraham. This is why it is important that we know and understand the Old Testament. You see, the Covenant made with Abraham is THE eternal covenant that has always existed . . . the removal of the Curse of the Sinful Nature so that one could be Purified and eventually be made Right with God through Christ and His death (for those of the Old Testament). The folks from the Old Testament had to wait for the Day of Christ to be made Right with God. But for those after Christ, they receive ALL forms of Christ's Work. I know that this is confusing, and there is a lot involved, here, but we have to start somewhere. So let me show you a set of passages that no one has ever showed you before . . . which is a Spiritual crime inflicted upon you:

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

I bold-faced the words, "You also are complete." This means "whole" just as you mentioned in your post. Verses 11-15 show us why a person is whole and complete in Christ, and it is because of the Circumcision of Christ, the cutting away of the Sinful Nature, having been made "alive" because of it. And we know that we can be whole and complete in Christ by beliving in Him and by receiving His Spiritual Circumcision, for Christ possesses all the fullness of God in a human body (verse 9). And, we know that in God there is no corruption; there is no sin. So if a person has received the Circumcision of Christ, they are in Christ and because Christ is in the Father where there is no corruption, this clearly shows that there can be no corruption in "you."

So this is what I am showing you that you must ask for from Jesus. You now see EXACTLY what you must ask Christ to do to your heart. You must ask Him to Circumcise your heart of all corruption so that you can begin to change over time. Until that Curse has been lifted, there is no hope. Yes, we can make changes in our lives, but our sense of corruption will be applied to something new in our lives. We may get control over alcoholism, but even that seems to transfer into some other activity. I once had a friend who stopped drinking like a fish, but then bought a motorcycle and became addicted to riding at 140+ miles per hour, placing his family at risk should an accident occur. That's just one example and there are an endless many.

So, I encourage you to study Colossians 2:9-15 with and through as many translations as you can put your hands on, as they will all help you to understand what is being said. They relate those Seven verses in different ways that will slowly allow you to put them together within the context of the entire Bible. And when you begin to understand Spiritual Circumcision, you will begin to see it all throughout the Bible. It is everywhere.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 NLT - 25 "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations."

Do you see? Now you know EXACTLY what to pray for.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Hello All,

This prayer request is somewhat of a follow-up to my last request. Thank you for all who prayed and commented. I believe I am doing better by faith however I am questioning a few things. The reason why I was questioning God's acceptance of me was not just bc of past sin but also due to my experiences. I am experiencing intrusive thoughts, feelings in my emotions that are different from past times, fears, sometimes hallucinations, and other things. The most alarming thing is that these thoughts are very unique in nature and not just the typical evil or blasphemous thoughts, sometimes they appear to be knowledge based about something to come or something related it. I desire to have God in my life. I pray for deliverance, read the word and also try to worship however I have internal conflicts about some of my feelings. I'm not sure what all this means but I think the most important concern of mine is if God is willing to deliver me from all of us this internal, external warfare because I need to be whole. I know that I don't deserve it but if He's willing, I need to be free.
Jesus did not come to earth just be a sacrifice for sin. He came to:
Luke 4:18 & 19

“The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour…"

This is the true gospel, the gospel of the Kingdom of God. Just getting into heaven when we die is not much use to us on earth. We should experience progressive freedom from sin, but also from self and Satan.

I can assure you from God's word that He is willing to set you free. Jesus wants us to be whole. God's intent in creating Adam was to fill the earth with people like Jesus. God's plan has never changed. And we will be like Jesus one day. We can be delivered of those things that hinder us now as well. Exactly how that comes to pass will depend on the cause of your problems. But be assured that God is on your side.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless, JaeHeart in this matter, in Jesus loving name, Amen!