Demon 4 and he admits it - 2nd one to admit this weekend

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 7, 2012
So, Moment of faith thinks that Simon Cowell knows what a demon is. I think you over estimate Mr. Cowell.

Feb 11, 2012
He needs to forsake his demons by following the advise of John the Baptist, to repent of his sins, cut them off at the roots, then seek the mercy of God!

Sep 7, 2012
Are bad habits, always and necessarily caused by demons?

Is there some possible meanings to what Simon Cowell said that do not actually mean the same thing as you think (some sort of metaphysical being?)

Does Simon Cowell have some sort of degree in demonology that gives him special knowledge of demons that the average person does not?

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
While I don't think someone needs a degree in demonology to have discernment, that article smacks of a very metaphorical use of the word "demon".

chip

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
Across the past week, I have been thinking on the entire topic of demons and wondering just how prevalent they are. Certainly, there was a bunch of them around Jesus and the Apostles. But per capita are the numbers of instances the same as today? In which case very prevalent and should make us far more suspicious of abnormalities we encounter in just normal everyday life....

This in light of one of my "sister"s in the faith taking a smack down out of nowhere yesterday..... It would explain a great deal if true.

M

MidniteWelder

Satan would like us to think he is not involved anytime someone is not for God
Whether its a demon or not the difference is negliible since........
Matthew 12:30
He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters

What does a person allow to be fed into their life and their thoughts habits and practices if it is not of God.
Even though a person may not be directly influenced by the devil, its good to notice in how many ways we are all influenced indirectly
Music
TV
News
Opinions of friends & family
Our raising which may be contradictory to the ways of the Lord
Since we are born of sin with a sinful nature from the beginning until being born again to our New Father God
Satan really doesnt have to influence a person directly who is already an enemy of God by being a friend to the world which being a friend to the world is indirect influence(subconsciously)
If a person is already misled Satan really doesnt have to do anything until a person starts to see the truth and turn from their ways
Then he tries to go" nut uh, get back here where you've been comfy cozy being led by the blind"
Then that person realizes what a spiritual battle it really is.
So if its a spiritual battle, wouldnt it stand to reason it is always a war between God and Satan.
No one can say, I'll just sit here on the sidelines and watch them battle it out, I dont wanna get involved.
Its either one or the other, there is no neutral territory.

U

Ugly

Oh please, 'battle my demons' is a generic secular phrase that simply means battling their addictions, usually. Most people who say it are not referring to real demons. Just another example of twisting things to support your own ideals.

V

violakat

We use demons in multiple uses. In this case, I believe it has to do with personal struggles. Does that mean that he does not face real life demons, no. But, he does have to deal with his on fleshly desires.

Jul 29, 2012
Hey I’m openly expressing my feelings over it. I'm telling you it will get worse. Time will tell.

M

MidniteWelder

Oh please, 'battle my demons' is a generic secular phrase that simply means

What Battle is it again:)
Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms

. Just another example of twisting things to support your own ideals.
Naw, I support Gods ideals, thank you for noticing though my friend

U

Ugly

Oh please, 'battle my demons' is a generic secular phrase that simply means

What Battle is it again:)
Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms

. Just another example of twisting things to support your own ideals.
Naw, I support Gods ideals, thank you for noticing though my friend
*sigh. More twisting of words. I did NOT say that there was no battle with demons. Reread what i said if thats what you think.
See, you're coming into this without full knowledge. The OP has made numerous posts declaring demon possession everywhere, more or less. Mental disorders, drug use, etc.. And insisting that ONLY demon possession offers any explanation.
Now he's using a phrase commonly used by non-Christians, who are in no way referencing Ephesians, or any form of spirituality for that matter, by using a phrase referring to their addictions as 'demons'. Just because someone uses that phrase to describe their addiction is not a person admitting or proving they are possessed by a demon.
Now that you have the full facts, and not responding without knowing everything, and now that i've straightened out the things i said you tried to twist, you can go on your way now.

W

wwjd_kilden

I don't think it is wise to blame all negative things on demons, though they are real, it can easily end up like children blaming their fantasy- friends for the mischief they did

M

MidniteWelder

*sigh. More twisting of words. I did NOT say that there was no battle with demons. Reread what i said if thats what you think.
See, you're coming into this without full knowledge. The OP has made numerous posts declaring demon possession everywhere, more or less. Mental disorders, drug use, etc.. And insisting that ONLY demon possession offers any explanation.
Now he's using a phrase commonly used by non-Christians, who are in no way referencing Ephesians, or any form of spirituality for that matter, by using a phrase referring to their addictions as 'demons'. Just because someone uses that phrase to describe their addiction is not a person admitting or proving they are possessed by a demon.
Now that you have the full facts, and not responding without knowing everything, and now that i've straightened out the things i said you tried to twist, you can go on your way now.
ok, then I'll be on my way

Jul 29, 2012
Stricken Simon had to be put on a strict detox regime to give him the strength to battle his “demons”.

Now he may not have been meaning it like I do but we know we don't fight flesh and blood.