Demons are ghosts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
In Is 14:12-20 "How thou art fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High. Yet thou shalt be brought don to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, is this the man that made the earth to tremble, and did shake kingdoms; that made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that open not the house of his prisoners? All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, even one in his own house. But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet. "Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned."

Here we see the evil one as having been cast out of his grave and not being joined with other kings in burial. And with what we know of him and his demonic horde; it only stands to reason that they too were cast out of their graves or they wouldn't be around now-a-days. They didn't go to sheol, like descendants of Adam do or to Abraham's bosom or to the Lord as those who sleep in Christ; which is why all ghosts are evil spirits working to deceive with lies; so that they can steal, kill, and destroy. They are powerful enough to transform Pharaoh's court magicians' staffs into serpents and also able to appear as angels of light.
To save some time: let me add that the king of Tyre was never called Lucifer. Didn't make the world as a wilderness, nor make the earth to tremble. He was not cast out of his grave whereas all other kings of the nations are remaining in their graves, al least, for now.
Their weakness is the Church, to whom the Lord Jesus gave authority over all the power of the enemy.

P

pjharrison

In Is 14:12-20 "How thou art fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High. Yet thou shalt be brought don to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, is this the man that made the earth to tremble, and did shake kingdoms; that made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that open not the house of his prisoners? All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, even one in his own house. But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet. "Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned."

Here we see the evil one as having been cast out of his grave and not being joined with other kings in burial. And with what we know of him and his demonic horde; it only stands to reason that they too were cast out of their graves or they wouldn't be around now-a-days. They didn't go to sheol, like descendants of Adam do or to Abraham's bosom or to the Lord as those who sleep in Christ; which is why all ghosts are evil spirits working to deceive with lies; so that they can steal, kill, and destroy. They are powerful enough to transform Pharaoh's court magicians' staffs into serpents and also able to appear as angels of light.
To save some time: let me add that the king of Tyre was never called Lucifer. Didn't make the world as a wilderness, nor make the earth to tremble. He was not cast out of his grave whereas all other kings of the nations are remaining in their graves, al least, for now.
Their weakness is the Church, to whom the Lord Jesus gave authority over all the power of the enemy.
Are you asking if when people die, do they come back as Ghost?
MKZ

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Are you asking if when people die, do they come back as Ghost?
MKZ
Hey! pjharrison... PTL
No. The lost descendants of Adam go to Sheol to await judgment. The OT faithful went to Abraham's bosom, The NT faithful go to be with the Lord when absent from the body. This scripture is referring to Satan and his demonic horde, who are the only ones manifesting themselves as both evil spirits and as the ghosts of people who have passed on.

P

pjharrison

Hey! pjharrison... PTL
No. The lost descendants of Adam go to Sheol to await judgment. The OT faithful went to Abraham's bosom, The NT faithful go to be with the Lord when absent from the body. This scripture is referring to Satan and his demonic horde, who are the only ones manifesting themselves as both evil spirits and as the ghosts of people who have passed on.
Yes, they do.

P

pjharrison

An example of this is when Saul went to a medium., and wanted her to call up Samuel; 1 Samuel 28: 12 when the woman saw Samuel she screamed, "You have deceived me! You are Saul.
The woman knows that the spirits that show up are demons, so it scared her when she saw that it was really Samuels spirit. Because she knows that the human spirit or soul does not return to earth.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
An example of this is when Saul went to a medium., and wanted her to call up Samuel; 1 Samuel 28: 12 when the woman saw Samuel she screamed, "You have deceived me! You are Saul.
The woman knows that the spirits that show up are demons, so it scared her when she saw that it was really Samuels spirit. Because she knows that the human spirit or soul does not return to earth.
Nothing in the actual text suggests that was not Samuel speaking. If the witch of Endor knows she summons demons then she knows it because she's done it many times so it doesn't make sense for her to be surprised by what she expected to see. If she's a total fraud ((not suggested by the text)) she's surprised to see anything, demon or Samuel.

So fraud, not really a witch, isn't consistent with the text and inconclusive about whether her shock indicates this is actually Samuel.
Real witch, as consistent with the text, then her shock indicates that this is actually Samuel more than it would indicate otherwise.

P

pjharrison

Nothing in the actual text suggests that was not Samuel speaking. If the witch of Endor knows she summons demons then she knows it because she's done it many times so it doesn't make sense for her to be surprised by what she expected to see. If she's a total fraud ((not suggested by the text)) she's surprised to see anything, demon or Samuel.

So fraud, not really a witch, isn't consistent with the text and inconclusive about whether her shock indicates this is actually Samuel.
Real witch, as consistent with the text, then her shock indicates that this is actually Samuel more than it would indicate otherwise.
I've done some research on demons, because I'm trying to put on the full armor of God.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
This reply conflicts with itself. If it was really Samuel's spirit and human spirits don't return to earth it becomes impossible. I am sure the demon just informed the witch of whom it was doing the inquiring.

in-deep-thought-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
I would suggest that it was Samuels spirit whom God sent to this witch to scare Saul out of there....But the witch usually did summon demons which are the spirits of dead Nephilim.

Feb 28, 2016
it wasn't Samuel in any way or shape or form, it was a demon', an imposter'...
that's what they do, they try and 'imitate', and as we see, they are often very successful...

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
it wasn't Samuel in any way or shape or form, it was a demon', an imposter'...
that's what they do, they try and 'imitate', and as we see, they are often very successful...
Then why did the 'demon' not lead him on instead of blocking intercourse with demons?

J

jaybird88

why would anyone think it was anything other than Samuel in the passage, doesnt it even say plainly its Samuel?