Depeche Mode lyrics

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Alexaberdeen

Oct 25, 2017
I’m a big Depeche Mode devotee and recognise God’s word in many of their lyrics. Their songwriter (Martin Gore) attended church youth group with co-member Andy Fletcher and this is reflected in many of his lyrics (Home, I Feel You, Condemnation, Mercy In You, Higher Love, John The Revelator....)

So now you know!

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Depeche Mode has some lyrics that are Christian themed. But other, more recent Depeche Mode songs have lyrics that appear anti-Christian. So who's to say where their heart belongs?

John The Revelator (Depeche Mode)

John the Revelator
Put him in a elevator
Take him up to the highest high
Take him up to the top where the mountains stop
Let him tell his book of lies​

Apparently Depeche Mode doesn't care for the Apostle John and his book of Revelation. :shrug:

Alexaberdeen

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn’t suggesting they’re Christians, they’re not, but it’s encouraging for their ultimate salvation that their lyrics still resonate with the faith they once had. The lyrics you quote are simply a conversation with a God that the lyricist yearns for, don’t know about you but I too shake my fist at our Father now and then!

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
The funny thing is, Depeche Mode has Christian themed songs like "The Sinner in Me." If you compare those lyrics to the words of most other popular songs you'd probably reach the conclusion that the members of Depeche Mode *are* Christian.

Maybe they are. Maybe not. It's certainly not for me to judge. But the message of those "John the Revelator" lyrics I posted above are just ... odd.

Nov 4, 2017
And personal Jesus ;-) though i prefer johnny cash's version and i didnt know that thanks for the info must check out those songs.