depressed feel like a bad mom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
Please Pray that I make the right decisions regarding the issues I am having with my teen daughter. I feel like I failed as a mother.

Jun 18, 2013
Lord bless kim12345 and her daughter to be together as a family. Let them know what is good and right for their lives. Protect them from all harm and pride. In the precious name of Jesus.Amen

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless kim12345, in this matter. Lord bless her teen daughter also and let kim12345, take the right decision for her teen daughter. Lord bless this prayer. In Jesus gracious name, Amen!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry you feel this way, Kim. I’m praying, asking God to surround you and your daughter with His love, care and comfort. May He intervene in your circumstances, provide help and guidance as you lean upon Him.

Dynamaniac

Feb 10, 2017
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I'm not sure how you think you've failed, but remember God is in control and whether or not we mess up, he never messes up. Nothing is impossible for God! You are loved, you are worthy, you are redeemed, you are so many things in His eyes. It's our eyes that are messed up, not His. Above all, love her! I will be praying for you.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
Kim you sound like a very caring mother. That is more than a lot of kids have. I have raised one son who is now 38 and one daughter who is now 32. They were both given the same love and guidance. Learned to love and respect GOD. All you can do is show them the right path. Be a example. Gentle firmness, compromise and commitment. These thing I think you have done. You are taking to much guilt on yourself and its not good for you. If you are there for your kids and set a good example is really left to them. My son is a hard worker but cant hold a job he has spent time in jail and prison. signed his rights over to his son. all because of His decisions. my daughter is married to a fireman she is a nurse who just got her bachelor degree. Driving a new car. Again because of Her decisions. I guess I'm dragging this out a bit. But the guilt is not from GOD. He gave us scripture on how to raise a child and if you do that the rest is their decisions. Pray for them and leave it in GOD's hands. You cant make them be what you want and I know you cant stop worrying But you can stop feeling guilty. I pray for you because I think you are a good mother.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Please Pray that I make the right decisions regarding the issues I am having with my teen daughter. I feel like I failed as a mother.
I will certainly say a prayer for God to give you the confidence that you are indeed a good mother to your teenage daughter. The teen years can be very hard to understand and get through together between the parents and the children. My daughter was a teenager once and it was a struggle at times for me too and I had my doubts about my parenting ability also.

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
Kim you sound like a very caring mother. That is more than a lot of kids have. I have raised one son who is now 38 and one daughter who is now 32. They were both given the same love and guidance. Learned to love and respect GOD. All you can do is show them the right path. Be a example. Gentle firmness, compromise and commitment. These thing I think you have done. You are taking to much guilt on yourself and its not good for you. If you are there for your kids and set a good example is really left to them. My son is a hard worker but cant hold a job he has spent time in jail and prison. signed his rights over to his son. all because of His decisions. my daughter is married to a fireman she is a nurse who just got her bachelor degree. Driving a new car. Again because of Her decisions. I guess I'm dragging this out a bit. But the guilt is not from GOD. He gave us scripture on how to raise a child and if you do that the rest is their decisions. Pray for them and leave it in GOD's hands. You cant make them be what you want and I know you cant stop worrying But you can stop feeling guilty. I pray for you because I think you are a good mother.

Thank you MrH59 for sharing some of your experiences with your own grown children.
It must have been hard on you when your son went to prison/jail. It is good you compliment your son stating he is a hard worker.
That's great your daughter seems to be doing well. To have our children love God, have a good spouse, be healthy and have good job is all we could really want for our children. The simple things in life

I would agree regarding the guilt I put on myself is not healthy. I have struggled with guilt since I was a child. For whatever reason.
But I do just want to be an excellent mom and my time now is ending since she will be out of high school soon.
I kinda always thought if people were good parents typically the kids turn out pretty good. However, that I guess is not always the case.

Thank you so much for the nice compliment about being a good mom. That really encourages me!
Thank you again for your encouraging words

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
Wow...I really feel encouraged from the posts and prayers you all have shared. Thank you

D

DianeM1965

Praying or you.

K

kittycat7

Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: To believe in the one he has sent."
John 6:29