Depression after seperation/divorce, during the Holidays?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Patrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Patrick

Guest
This is a topic that really only those who have tread understand; superficial platitudes of common scriptures are already known and believed. What I need is someone to come along side with encouragement, sentiment and experience. I feel like the life has gone out of me, grief, sadness and yes depression.
 
​I have stood in that dark place. Patrick, I would like for you to click the link below in my signature and read my depression thread. It is this ladybug's true story of my lifelong struggle with depression. Most days I'm ok, but yes, the holidays get me sometimes. Please read it, I've had many people here tell me it has inspired them. I pray it will help you also. Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk. :)
 
Awe poor Patrick I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you....
Things that helped me through my darkest moments:
-Started listening to Christian music. (You will be surprised what praising him will do in the midst of the battle your facing.)
-Pray, pray, pray and pray some more. (I found myself many times on my knees crying in prayer)
-Dig deep into the word of God. (Reading Psalms helped me a lot.)
-Attend church. Be around Christian friends to help lift you up during this time.
Trust God. He is the great comforter, healer and he will give you a peace that will surpass all understanding.
I will be praying for you....
 
Hello brother......I understand your pain....I think its time to start some new
ways of celebration for you....change and start new traditions......I found
when I did new things it was easier to get through the season......
buy some decorations and if you have children....when they come to visit...
take them to cut a tree..for your new place....find some art kits and make
ornaments for your tree.....have them help you make cookies....keep busy..
that is really important......and there are a lot of good people here on the c.c
And a lot of us have a really good gift of gab....surround yourself with friends.....
And what ever you do ....don't lock your self up and hide ......get out and get involved....
Volunteer at your church for a group project......I always wanted to work with
homes for humanity......but this is a new adventure for you....starting a new life...
I know it is a little scary and sometimes lonely...... But you need to look at the new
you get to do......think of the blessings you do have.....
Things will fall into place ....I have been divorced for many years....and now
I have gotten to the point that I'm not sure if I could ever share my life and space
with another person....I think I'm set in my ways now.....imagine that.....
You are gonna be OK you know....I'm praying for you ......peace...jo