Depression and anxiety.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mjovi

Jun 11, 2018
I have suffered with panic attacks depression and anxiety on at all for the last 20 years. I have been doing fine for the last seven years. Recently I had cervical spine surgery which left me with after effects after the surgery I couldn’t eat I lost 20 pounds in a month I was severely dehydrated and ended up in the hospital with depression and anxiety. Having my family as a support team helping me get through this has been a great help. I have turned to listening to sermons on YouTube about anxiety and depression and what the Bible says. To those people out there that feel it is hopeless it’s not There are days that I think that I can not
go on but I hang on to God’s word and my family and I make it through another day

S

Sherril

I understand.....yet we find God is our help and Jesus is our strength as the Holy Spirit leads us we press in walking out this life unto our God......Even when we are week He is strong, even in our heart aches God heals our hearts....Abba takes care of His children....its amazing how we testify of the goodness of our God.....when the sun is shining or the rain is falling.....He is with us......love in Christ Sherril....ps ty for sharing your heart.....

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I have suffered with panic attacks depression and anxiety on at all for the last 20 years. I have been doing fine for the last seven years. Recently I had cervical spine surgery which left me with after effects after the surgery I couldn’t eat I lost 20 pounds in a month I was severely dehydrated and ended up in the hospital with depression and anxiety. Having my family as a support team helping me get through this has been a great help. I have turned to listening to sermons on YouTube about anxiety and depression and what the Bible says. To those people out there that feel it is hopeless it’s not There are days that I think that I can not go on but I hang on to God’s word and my family and I make it through another day
Hi Mjovi, welcome to CC. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, but glad to know you have a great support base in your family.

Thanks for sharing all of this with us and for reaching out to help others who may be struggling with similar issues.

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - I'm new here too :)

Jun 12, 2018
I have suffered with panic attacks depression and anxiety on at all for the last 20 years. I have been doing fine for the last seven years. Recently I had cervical spine surgery which left me with after effects after the surgery I couldn’t eat I lost 20 pounds in a month I was severely dehydrated and ended up in the hospital with depression and anxiety. Having my family as a support team helping me get through this has been a great help. I have turned to listening to sermons on YouTube about anxiety and depression and what the Bible says. To those people out there that feel it is hopeless it’s not There are days that I think that I can not
go on but I hang on to God’s word and my family and I make it through another day
be strong and of good courage! the bible commands us to persevere. and if you are on meds for the depression and anxiety, please work yourself off them. God will provide!

Jun 12, 2018
oh, i can't figure this forum out. i guess i am posting in the wrong places. forgive me!

Jun 12, 2018
i guess i am in the right place. i will go into a malaise and then , well i can choose a depression or sometimes it chooses me. then coming out it's like the bens, like coming up to fast from an underwater dive i reckon. no matter how quickly (when i decide i have had enough) i decide to come out of a depression, wham! then the anxieties. and these psychiatrist will try and put a label on you. GOD forbid you speak of CHRIST, oh no, you are bipolar or schitzo or whatever the disorder of the day is, it was dual diagnosed when i was going to AA. i have to be honest, i do not know what i was diagnosed with at the psychiatric hospital or the state hospital, it was probably ok. but GOD(JESUS)HOLY GHOST), HE can bring us out of these melancholies. i know, i've done it. yes he did it but what does philippians 4:13 tell us=I CAN do anything through CHRIST=HE strengthens me. i am not saying i had an easy time. everything i heard had 2 meanings. it is of CHRIST or of the evil one. i have seen odd things. BUT THIS TOO PASSES. praise the lord. i wonder if(i know this sounds crazy, i am) WHEN THIS HAPPENS if the holy spirit is getting more of us and the devil is getting more ferocious. that is kinda what scripture says. WE ARE to be filled with the SPIRIT, THAT IS A COMMAND! GOD commands us to be filled, ephesians 5:13. and i never mentioned any of this to my psychiatrist, if i had i would still be there. don't nobody turn me in, promise. heheheheheheehe! DON'T GET ME WRONG, i still have these anxieties, but they are diminishing. i hate to see them go, then it could be depression time again. i wonder how many people go through this in the world, and you never know it, i bet a ton of folks. with man and woman it is impossible but with GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. GODSPEED!

MarkWilliams

Jun 13, 2018
Please be very careful not to fall prey to the psychologists and psychiatrists. They will put you on drugs which won't help, but make things even worse. They work for big pharmaceutical companies, they are literally sales agents for big pharma.
God can sustain you throughout your life's journey, pray and ask for His guidance and strength every day.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
It seems that during the most stressful time of life is when the anxiety and depression hits. I can relate to what you are talking about and I used to breathe into a brown paper bag to help my breathing to slow down and I'd go and lay in bed with my daughter when the attacks would hit. Thankfully mine most always happened in the middle of the night I'd wake up in a panic and pace back and forth.

My daughter was small and there was really nothing she could do to help me but just laying down beside her as she slept seemed to calm me down. After Melisa grew up and left the house I'd start praying and that seemed to help calm me down.

It was after I talked to a Dr. and asked why I was having the attacks and he told me that I was not handling stress the right way and my body would find some way to release the stress that I started to understand a little more about me being kind of like a pressure cooker if you watch them they can only take so much stress/steam before they let it out on the top.....

Thankfully the stress started to let up.... and I have been panic free for several years now. Of course my daughter is grown out on her own so I don't worry so much about taking care of her, I have retired from my job so not stressed about work either and one by one all the pressure stress points have been melting away and the panic attacks are gone...

Find ways to help you deal with stress - Ask for help and don't try and do everything on your own, do something once or twice a week that helps you relax such as reading a good book, watching a movie or getting a massage.... You too will someday not have the stress that causes these attacks.... Continue to pray and meditate with God too as He is really the best stress reliever of all.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Hi Mjovi, welcome to CC, glad to have you here :) praying for you as well.

Blessings ❤️ 85711118-7AA8-455E-AC9D-3C4C40E0EB1B.jpeg