Depression/lost

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DeanMarZ

Jul 9, 2014
Hey everyone,
I honestly don’t understand what’s been going on with me, I’ve never felt so empty and depressed. No matter what, I feel like something is missing like I’m missing something about my life. First it started when a girl I had a great friendship with leading into a relationship got dumped and destroyed. Even then I was always feeling so depressed and feeling like my life is meaningless(I know that’s a lie) I just want to be happy but I feel alone. This heavy sadness turned me into a weak, sensitive insecure person.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hey everyone,
I honestly don’t understand what’s been going on with me, I’ve never felt so empty and depressed. No matter what, I feel like something is missing like I’m missing something about my life. First it started when a girl I had a great friendship with leading into a relationship got dumped and destroyed. Even then I was always feeling so depressed and feeling like my life is meaningless(I know that’s a lie) I just want to be happy but I feel alone. This heavy sadness turned me into a weak, sensitive insecure person.
Ever considered its depression and seeing a doctor for a diagnosis?
Have tests done to check possible physical causes, and a doctor Should give you advice on lifestyle changes.
If the tests are clear and you heed the changes suggested and still no change then get some counseling.

gecko111

Jun 29, 2015
I have been where you are. It taints our feelings. I agree with seeking out medical advice. Even if this depression is situational, there are medications that can get you through it. Never feel that taking medications reflects negatively on you! It's like any other medical issue that requires them. If you attend a church, is there anyone there that offers counseling? Or a men's group? Hang onto Gods promises. He works everything out to the good of those who love him. You are not alone, many people struggle with depression. I pray you find strength and peace.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hey everyone,
Solomon felt the same way and that is evident by his tone in Ecclesiastes. Believe me, there are many others that have felt the same way at times, including myself. You probably are missing something in your life and I pray that God fills this void and lifts the cloud of depression hovering over you.

Apr 8, 2019
Hey everyone,
It seems depression is something that grips more and more people these days. I had a depression which lasted for years which I have only recently recovered from. I think it has to do with the fact that in the past people kind of knew what to expect with their lives. You'd farm the family field and marry the neighbour life was simple. In the modern world I think we get paralyzed by all the options presented to us and our brains don't know how to handle it.

However, there is something and someone out there for you, I know it doesn't feel that way right now but trust me I've been in your shoes before.

I agree with the advice given above that you should seek out help, there is nothing shameful or wrong in doing so. Who knows your depression may stem from a simple chemical imbalance that medication could easily fix. No point waiting for a long time only to find out that it is a simple fix. And if it turns out to be more difficult then trust that God would want you to be getting help.

I'll pray for you that God might deliver you from the void that currently fills you and bring new meaning into your life. Stay strong Dean and know that we are here for you as well. God Bless.

DeanMarZ

Jul 9, 2014
Thank you everyone, I'll look into it all. I've been trying to plug myself into church more and it does help but I just still get these episodes sometimes. Like I be fine then boom it feels like my heart is hit with a truck.

Aug 2, 2009
Getting dumped by someone you love is a traumatic experience. What you're feeling is normal. Your heart will heal with time. Until then, take good care of yourself. This is why I hate that old saying, "Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." It just isn't true.

Apr 12, 2019
Hey everyone,
Hello💙 Don’t you worry because God has a great plan and purposeful for your life, I have been where you are and God has brought me such a long way and I am healed an grateful to know Jesus because that’s the only way I was able to come through that tough season of my life. And I don’t know if you know joeseph prince or agree with everything he says but he has a successful large ministry and God has blessed him so much and he revealed on his show the other day that as a teen he suffered severe depression for a long while and he didn’t want to live. I would have never known. But he says those who suffer(ed) with depression have a great call and the the enemy wants to take you out because of Gods amazing purpose for you so receive that word and be encouraged because those of us who have suffered the awful fight of depression have a great call just as great as everyone else.🙌🏽

Apr 12, 2019
Also he said the enemies wants to kill all who suffer the awful depression through suicide and I know you didn’t mention that but it’s so sad so many aren’t here because of that ya know? But your life our lives are worth so much to god and our gifts to the world always know that and keep going always, love your sis in Christ BibleCutie25💙

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I've heard from some testimonies, that getting involved with helping others/volunteering helps. In depression your mind is lingering on the negative and, like you said you are doing, getting involved with your Church and other volunteer work will help.
This and praying to God for the Comforter to bless you will help along with the other ideas from above. God bless you!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I've heard from some testimonies, that getting involved with helping others/volunteering helps. In depression your mind is lingering on the negative and, like you said you are doing, getting involved with your Church and other volunteer work will help.
This and praying to God for the Comforter to bless you will help along with the other ideas from above. God bless you!
It's been well documented that HONEST public testimonies', open mindedness, willingness and helping others are keys to conquering our self centeredness. Helping others takes our minds off of our dilemma of self pity and self loathing. Allowing God to work through us allows him to work within us as well.

DeanMarZ

Jul 9, 2014
Thank you all for your responses, I've been plugging into the word more and casting negative thoughts out. For awhile I was not feeding my spirit with holy things, I was lacking on reading the word and so on.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Thank you all for your responses, I've been plugging into the word more and casting negative thoughts out. For awhile I was not feeding my spirit with holy things, I was lacking on reading the word and so on.
Some of us have started a new Christian 12 step group here called CRA (Christians in Recovery Anonymous) on the miscellaneous forum. @Magenta is a collaborator and I have her permission to mention her screen name. She has study materiel and a workbook from emotions anonymous. Most of us that have posted have or know somebody with addictive or emotional disorders or both. It's not just for alcoholic/addicts Most people with 12 step experience are.

We'd be blessed if you dropped by and changed the subject off of substances. She and I will admit to having to deal with depression. I can't violate anyone's anonymity so if you want share or learn with us just stop by. We can't see you or know your real name. You have nothing to fear from us AND we're all Christians.

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
Hello there,

I’ve been there, and I’m sure more than half of these awesome folks have been there too, it just takes a little more effort than we want to get ourselves out of that “funk” and we want that instant gratification that just doesn’t come as quickly as we wish. The Bible devotional reading plans help me, being surrounded by my closest friends, and having that support from family helps. Push away negativity, anyone who bring negativity into your life and focus on that light from above. Your life has a purpose, no matter how crazy we think that Is... but we ALL have a purpose and meaning in life. Fight the good fight, you’re stronger than you think you are and always reach out when you feel yourself going down deeper in that black pit. There’s always someone around who’s willing to help you talk it out. 😊

Jul 9, 2014
Hey everyone,
I came on here to basically post about a similar situation I am going through at the moment, yet I am not depressed. Well, let me explain I recently had a crush on my niece's Godmother. I told my family, and pretty much she know. I didn't realize she was back with her ex-boyfriend. In this situation, I ended up depressed. This last for about a month, and then I basically started to have feelings for another friend she was a crush from the past like when I was a kid. In this case, I basically ended up having feelings for her. On this platform this is where I started to feel empty. I don't understand why I started to feel empty when I start to having feelings for her the second crush.
The second crush I had a crush on her when I was kid and it lasted over two years and she know I like her. Recently the feeling just came back for someone reason.
I know I am just kept talking, but I recently had a dream about the second crush and how she just got dumped by her boyfriend. In this dream her friend was actually telling my crush to give me a chance. The last thing I remember is hearing the word "Change".
Then the empties has been there since that dream.