Depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KarynLouise

Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
There was definitely a "worthless" individual in this scenario but it sure wasn't you. I put worthless in quotes because I don't believe people are ENTIRELY worthless, but he pushing it.

So how are you doing now? Id like to think you have gained some victory over depression but im sure there's some things that still get you down. If you don't mind me asking what are they? Maybe I can help with an encouraging word. Message me if you don't want to put it out, or don't answer at all if im going to far.

The Pursuit of God is a great book. I'd also recommend his books on the Attributes of God.

Have you ever heard of Joni Eareckson Tada? She could be very inspirational to you. Look her up. Here's a short version of her testimony.
I hadn't heard of her, no. I've really been struggling since the first if the year, but I think i might be starting to feel less sad. Every time I've thought this episode might be coming to an end something else came up, though. So I'm not counting on it. Just thanking God that today is better than yesterday. Actually, this week has been really busy, and that has helped. Thanks for asking, though.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello, Karyn! I am so sorry to hear of your chronic depression, and the shabby treatment you received from your husband following such a debilitating accident. One thing for sure is that life rarely pans out as we expect, and I hope you can come to see the blessing in disguise that presents.

I have recently returned to CC after a short absence and also returned to designing Scripture panels after receiving a new laptop for Christmas from my daughter. A few I put together carry verses from the Psalms; I hope you do not mind me sharing them with you now.

This is an older one:

Another member has lent her amazing voice and musical talents to singing some of the Psalms.
Her work is amazing! You can find it here:
Bless The Rain Project (<= youtube link)

I designed some panels to go with some of her work :)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Tell you what, John. When I want your opinion, I'll ask for it. Until then, keep it to yourself, okay?
You can put me on ignore...it's just a couple mouse clicks away.

I'm not here to tell you what you want to hear...just what you need to hear.

T

TheWriter

Let me put it this way, the woman I am with is seriously controlling. A narcissist, someone who would rather get attention than to be loving.

At work she fallows me around and walks around just to find me.

She is very very toxic.

I am working hard to get away from her, I have no love for her left. She would rather do what brings her pleasure, which is making me upset where my blood boils.

Last thing, she told me when I die she better get the money.

Lol she thinks I am dumb enough to marry her. I never been married and I'm 39 because all I dealt with was women who wanted to use me.

Lol she is money hungry, and hates being called a gold digger. But she threatens to blow up my car, but says I'm an emotional abuser but all I did was make sure she has a roof over her head, clothes, and food.

But I'm the abuser, when she tries to manipulate me into giving her money because money is her true found love.

Mom raised no dummy I assure you guys that. My mom raised someone who knows when he being taken for a ride.

Soon I will be free of her, and back in my old town without all this craziness.

O

Oblio

Let me put it this way, the woman I am with is seriously controlling. A narcissist, someone who would rather get attention than to be loving.

She is very very toxic.

I am working hard to get away from her, I have no love for her left. She would rather do what brings her pleasure, which is making me upset where my blood boils.

Lol she thinks I am dumb enough to marry her. I never been married and I'm 39 because all I dealt with was women who wanted to use me.

Lol she is money hungry, and hates being called a gold digger. But she threatens to blow up my car, but says I'm an emotional abuser but all I did was make sure she has a roof over her head, clothes, and food.

But I'm the abuser, when she tries to manipulate me into giving her money because money is her true found love.

Mom raised no dummy I assure you guys that. My mom raised someone who knows when he being taken for a ride.

Don't walk...run!

KarynLouise

Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas

She is very very toxic.

That sounds awful. I'm praying for you.

T

TheWriter

This is for everyone is this forum. We must all remember that when the world hates us God loves us and He knows everything about us, He loves us no matter what. He loves us so much that He sent His only Begotten Son. John 3:16 should NEVER be forgotten.
God Bless!

KarynLouise

Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
This is for everyone is this forum. We must all remember that when the world hates us God loves us and He knows everything about us, He loves us no matter what. He loves us so much that He sent His only Begotten Son. John 3:16 should NEVER be forgotten.
God Bless!

Thank you!

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I struggle with serious depression. It got to be the worst it's ever been the week before last. I came here shortly after that. Some of the posts have discouraged me, mainly the ones that say that I don't have enough faith or I would be healed. Yesterday, though, in a Bible study, some friends reminded me that David had some pretty depressing psalms. He obviously knew how I've felt. I've been encouraged by the psalms in the past in how he'll be very depressed, but he'll always start with thanking God for getting him through in the past and end with thanking God for how He'll get him through this time, too. There's probably a thread for this already in the forums, but I just wanted to start something for anyone who's struggling to say you're not alone. We'll get through this. God's carried us through this far, and He won't let us down now. God bless!
Would you say that your depression is related to other people in this world and how these certain people have treated you? If that is the case, would you say that you wouldn't suffer from depression if those certain people had treated you better?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I have recently returned to CC after a short absence and also returned to designing Scripture panels after receiving a new laptop for Christmas from my daughter.
Wow, Majenta! These are gorgeous! Glad to hear that you got the new laptop and had the software installed on it. I'm sure you feel wonderful as you look at this artwork. :D

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I struggle with serious depression. It got to be the worst it's ever been the week before last. I came here shortly after that. Some of the posts have discouraged me, mainly the ones that say that I don't have enough faith or I would be healed. Yesterday, though, in a Bible study, some friends reminded me that David had some pretty depressing psalms. He obviously knew how I've felt. I've been encouraged by the psalms in the past in how he'll be very depressed, but he'll always start with thanking God for getting him through in the past and end with thanking God for how He'll get him through this time, too. There's probably a thread for this already in the forums, but I just wanted to start something for anyone who's struggling to say you're not alone. We'll get through this. God's carried us through this far, and He won't let us down now. God bless!

Well, after many trips to the mental health floor, excuse me, the "behavioral health ajustment wing" you are likely right - you are suffering probly because u lack faith and/or u r a bad person and so u r "chusing" to punish urself, or u r lazy and just want to dump on ppl and have taxpayers pay for it, or conservatives who think t r weak.

but it could b something else... :eek:

KarynLouise

Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
Would you say that your depression is related to other people in this world and how these certain people have treated you? If that is the case, would you say that you wouldn't suffer from depression if those certain people had treated you better?
My depression is usually triggered by something situational, i.e. something someone else did to me. It's just that it's more than a reasonable sadness.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Wow, Majenta! These are gorgeous! Glad to hear that you got the new laptop and had
the software installed on it. I'm sure you feel wonderful as you look at this artwork. :D
Thank you, 2ndTimothy. Don't most computers come with all kinds of software loaded on them? Starting with an operating system of course, though Photoshop is a gift from my daughter :) I just tried starting up my older laptop, but it would not function properly in any program or app. It is starting to get confusing for me which of my three laptops does what, and displays how, and can or cannot do this or that, though I had not attempted anything on that one for many months. I am on my newest laptop right now, and I have to try to remember not to use the touchpad to click, only tap, because if I click, the keyboard completely freezes and then I have to do a hard reset to make it functional again in any way. I was bemoaning this to my church community group, and the leader, who is a coder (used to work for Microsoft) said that coders are forced to create substandard functioning devices just to get them on the market, and the companies basically don't care because consumers just keep buying them no matter what. For instance, this brand's laptops have had a malfunctioning touchpad for over eight years (could be longer), and there is no sure fix for it except to use a mouse instead, which renders a fairly major aspect of the keyboard defunct, and, technologically speaking, is going backwards... PS~ magenta is spelled with "g" :D

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Well, after many trips to the mental health floor, excuse me, the "behavioral health ajustment wing" you are likely right - you are suffering probly because u lack faith and/or u r a bad person and so u r "chusing" to punish urself, or u r lazy and just want to dump on ppl and have taxpayers pay for it, or conservatives who think t r weak.

but it could b something else... :eek:
What an utterly disgusting, repulsive thing to say to another person who is struggling.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
My depression is usually triggered by something situational, i.e. something someone else did to me. It's just that it's more than a reasonable sadness.
I hear you. I get what you're saying. Would you say that if people stopped doing these things to you that you would likely be a happy person?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
we must keep our eye on the prize, our very best is still ahead of us in Jesus.(y):):coffee:

Mother used to say, " The first hundred years are the roughest, after that everything will be great".
bless you in Jesus name

KarynLouise

Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
I hear you. I get what you're saying. Would you say that if people stopped doing these things to you that you would likely be a happy person?
I'd like to say yes, but hard to know because there's always been some circumstance to start it.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I'd like to say yes, but hard to know because there's always been some circumstance to start it.
Do you see what I am doing? I am showing you that you are not the problem. Your "depression" isn't about you. It's about other people, isn't it? So you can see, there really isn't anything wrong with you, is there? The problem is other people. The problem is really within them . . . not yourself. Do you agree?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
That doesn't resonate as His truth. I would put a "disagree" x on it but my brother 2nd Tim gets offended, but truly this doesn't line up with scripture, it is always an attack from the enemy who wishes to steal our peace, health, prosperity, etc.
It sounds like a long, long, attack, and we know there is nothing He will not heal. Positive affirmations have been a great help for many.
Keeping a picture on Christ in the picture frame of my mind has been a great blessing in my walk with Him.
Do you have TV? I cut the cord and really am thankful.
bless you Karyn