Depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GypsyRebel

Yes oldthennew, sadly yes.

Tackle your depression, that means try anything that is Godly, reasonable, and encourages you to participate in life in the way the Good News has us do. We are commanded to love one another and in so doing, we lift up ourselves in God's grace and can go forward empowered. For me, medication has helped in the past. But have faith in God, not in medication, or two or three (use it if you need it, don't expect the same peace and healing that is from the Lord). Find a Godly physician who can work with your situation in the light of the Word. I now want to view depression as a distortion and I am doing well, and pray that I not view another day in this darkness.
Thank you for this.
My prayers are for you to also move into the light only our Lord Jesus Christ and God has promised.
I am forever thankful to him for removing the clouds from my eyes ( for the most part) so I can see reality and the actual words written before me. Yes I have a long road ahead. But I'm doing my best ( with God's help) to move forward.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
"Arise and eat." 1 Kings 19:5.

The angel in the passage did not give Elijah a vision, or explain the Scriptures to him, or do anything remarkable. He simpy told Elijah to do a very ordinary thing, that is to get up and eat. If we were never depressed, we would not be alive--only material things don't suffer depression. If human beings were not capable of depression, we would have no capacity for happiness and exaltation. There are things in life that are designed to depress us; for example, things that are associated with death. Whenever you examine yourself, always take into account your capacity for depression.

When the Spirit of God comes to us, He does not give us glorious visions, but He tells us to do the most ordinary things imaginable. Depression tends to turn us away from the everyday things of God's creation. But whenever God steps in, His inspiration is to do the most natural, simple things--things we would never have imagined God was in, but as we do them we find Him there. The inspiration that comes to us in this way, is an initiative against depression. But we must take the first step and do it in the inspiration of God. If, however, we do something simply to overcome our depression, we will only deepen it. But when the Spirit of God leads us instinctively to do something, the moment we do it the depression is gone. As soon as we arise and obey, we enter a higher plane of life.

Satan would jump in here and stake a claim that God can do much, He can even do most things, but not all things in the area of depression...Some must have medication and psychological care. But I venture to say Scripture asks us to have faith in all things, and altho many would say His answer is medicine, I contend that the supernatural nature of God is called upon when we but ask in His name. We are asked to take initiative: Spiritual initiative, initiative over depression, initiative over despair, initiative over drudgery, even daydreaming.

If what we call love doesn't take us beyond ourselves, it is not really love.If we have the idea that love is characterized as cautious, wise, sensible, shrewd, and never taken to extremes, we have missed the true meaning. Granted this may describe affection and it may bring us a warm feeling, but it is not a true and accurate description of love.

Have you ever been driven to do something for God, not driven by duty or self-incline, but simply because you love Him? Have you ever realized that you can give things to God that are of value to Him? Or are we just sitting around daydreaming about the greatness of His redemption, while neglecting all the things we could be doing for Him? And, I am not referring to works which could be regarded as divine and miraculous, but ordinary, simple human things--things which would be evidence to God that you are totally surrendered to Him. There are times when it seems as if God watches to see if we will give Him even small gifts of surrender, just to show how genuine our love is for Him. What does this have to do with depression? It is in the foundation of things that comes the cure. Concern over our personal holiness causes us to focus our eyes on ourselves, and we become overly concerned about the way we walk and talk and look etc etc...out of fear of offending God "....but perfect love casts out fear..."once we are surrendered to God. [1 John 4:18]. Depression has us asking ourselves, "Am I of any use?" But freedom from depression is not pumping ourselves full of drugs demanding to think highly of us, it is in the spiritual reality of accepting the truth that we are not much use to Him. The issue is never of being of use, but of being of value to God Himself. Once we are totally surrendered to God, He will work thru us all the time, and our assigned purpose and value will have depression be put in it's place.

May 3, 2013
My question is this: Would you guys suggest to a diabetic that they not take insulin and just pray about it? I DO believe in healing, and I do believe God can heal a diabetic. But, just in general, would you suggest that they pray instead of taking insulin?
If I was here, I wouldn´t suggest anything (less that) but I have heard God heals:

1) My ex-wife´s Father was amazingly healed when Doctors were sending him home, to die (She prayed and fasted 3 days, while I cared for our kids home).
2) My friend Cesar, in NY, was healed from Leukemia and, what I liked most, it is the Lord Jesus appeared to him that, the Evil one would lie, making him disbelieved Jesus healed him...
3) 25 years ago, when I was in the church I used to serve, a family asked many prayers to cure their son, from AIDS... Some time later, that man we prayed, appeared to thank us IN A SERVICE for those prayers, he was also healed.

Perhaps I need a special time to be spiritually retreated to see what He wants from me. ;)

P

Practice-English

back in february i was diagnosed with social depression, anxiety depression, and anxiety, I'm not taking any medicine for it cause i don't like taking pills. But im coming to think that i might need to re think that option. I just want ya to pray for me, i pray to God every night to lay his hand upon me and give me the strength and Guidance to over come this. I know its not easy and that its not going to go away right away. But i have faith that i'm going to get better one day.

I'll share something that include Faith :
The dog has not a link with the quote,
it's just that I love my dog,
but I decided to share that to remember
that reading 1 Corinthians 13 it makes you (all)
and me feeling good.

1 Corinthiens 13 Verset 8 & 13.jpg

May 3, 2013

I'll share something that include Faith :
The dog has not a link with the quote,
it's just that I love my dog,
but I decided to share that to remember
that reading 1 Corinthians 13 it makes you (all)
and me feeling good.

View attachment 131890
I see your dog as a sheep

I see that dog as "someone" you like and have loved so, there´s a connection with love.