Describe the perfect relationship!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
No arguing. No controlling. No being taken for granted. No judging. No possible. :(

G

GtrPkr

No arguing. No controlling. No being taken for granted. No judging. No possible. :(
That may be true.... But aren't some relationships so bad that the arguing, controlling, and judging become the point of the relationship? How do we avoid that?

Aug 2, 2009
That may be true.... But aren't some relationships so bad that the arguing, controlling, and judging become the point of the relationship? How do we avoid that?
I have no idea. The longer I live, the more I find that what I thought I understood about people (mostly good things) no longer holds true (or maybe they never held true, but I believe they did at one time..).

Rachel20

May 7, 2013
Perfection? That sounds boring. I like to keep mine sweet and spicy ;)

G

GtrPkr

They say opposites attract... And that may be true, but it's still a little crap! Attraction is not a relationship. If a man and a woman can't stand in the same place at the same time facing the same direction and agree on how to proceed forward and achieve mutually agreed-upon goals, or at least maintain a mutually agreed upon lifestyle, then they are doomed. Mutuality is definitely key!

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
They say opposites attract... And that may be true, but it's still a little crap! Attraction is not a relationship. If a man and a woman can't stand in the same place at the same time facing the same direction and agree on how to proceed forward and achieve mutually agreed-upon goals, or at least maintain a mutually agreed upon lifestyle, then they are doomed. Mutuality is definitely key!

Opposites attract is actually true. It has scientific basis. When opposites can agree despite their differences then it's a strong team. Maybe differences serve a purpose. To see how each can give up something to make the other happy.

G

GtrPkr

Furthermore, I believe it is all too common for most people to mistake intimacy for sex. True intimacy is knowing trusting and respecting someone else as much as you know trust and respect yourself. "One Flesh"

G

GtrPkr

Opposites attract is actually true. It has scientific basis. When opposites can agree despite their differences then it's a strong team. Maybe differences serve a purpose. To see how each can give up something to make the other happy.
I agree that sometimes opposites can compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses. But I believe most times opposites just wind up arguing.

G

GtrPkr

Intimacy is related to commitment. Intimacy without commitment is called casual sex. Intimacy with commitment is called marriage.
Agreed! It definitely takes commitment to achieve genuine intimacy.

G

GtrPkr

Jesus said it best, "husbands do not deny your wives, wives do not forsake your husband's, for in marriage God has made you one flesh"

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I agree that sometimes opposites can compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses. But I believe most times opposites just wind up arguing.
You can only resolve conflict by communication or by arguing if that is your preferred style of communication. It is the spice in the relationship.

G

GtrPkr

The difference between an argument and a debate is that in an argument your goal is simply to win... In a debate two people are examining and sharing facts in order to find Mutual ground. I don't mind debating... but when a relationship becomes nothing more than a Perpetual argument then it's over.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
The difference between an argument and a debate is that in an argument your goal is simply to win... In a debate two people are examining and sharing facts in order to find Mutual ground. I don't mind debating... but when a relationship becomes nothing more than a Perpetual argument then it's over.
If it's over then just agree to everything they say. Lol!

Attachments

Apr 22, 2019
The only perfect relationship that exists on the world is the one that Jesus has with us. Note: I said it’s the one Jesus has with us and not the one we have with Him

G

GtrPkr

Well, then I guess my perfect relationship would be with a woman who only knows what "I" let her know.... :)