Despair Over the Future

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 20, 2016
Sickness, disease, lack, accidents, are never from above, neither are there "coincidences" in a world where the Father knows the end from the beginning.

Jesus never sent anyone to the Dr. and there is zero evidence Luke ever practiced after receiving Holy Spirit anointing, they all practiced the healing gift as Jesus imparted to them and had received Himself.
blessings
Okay magic faith healer. You believe in your magic faith healing that's gonna save the world. Meanwhile, the rest of us will practice medicine as the Holy Spirit gave us knowledge to do. Magic never saved anybody.

Feb 20, 2016
Just to let all future posters know, this is not the place to proselytize false beliefs like magic faith healing and magic praying and magic bible reading and all of that magic nonsense. Humans are creatures of reason, and faith is not opposed to reason whatever the world or the Church says. This is not the forum for self-righteous Pharisees who believe they have all the answers and would rather the rest of us just hang from a cliff by nothing but vague hope. You super-Christians may not have to live with problems, but the rest of us live in the real world, and we need real-world solutions and people, not super Christians who believe magic faith solves all problems.

P

pablocito

Sickness, disease, lack, accidents, are never from above, neither are there "coincidences" in a world where the Father knows the end from the beginning.

Jesus never sent anyone to the Dr. and there is zero evidence Luke ever practiced after receiving Holy Spirit anointing, they all practiced the healing gift as Jesus imparted to them and had received Himself.
blessings
The Old Testament is more important for us than the New Testament in understanding the nature and operation (work) of God. Of course the New Testament is more important for giving us salvation.

But really neither is more important, because if we are to know God, we must know him in his fullness and thus both both Testaments are required.

Your second paragraph is true and I am in full agreement with it, therefore I have nothing to say about it.

But your first paragraph which says " Sickness, disease, lack, accidents (by the way there is nothing such as an accident in God's vocabulary) are never from above" is erroneous.

Eze 14:21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

This verse above is only the tip of the iceberg of probably scores and scores of verses which shows God's sovereignty over everything that happens on this earth, both good and evil. Nothing happens without God's permission and God brings everything to pass in order to fulfill His perfect will.

Of course you already know that Jesus said, not a strand of your hair will fall unto the ground or a bird fall out of the sky without the Father decreeing it to happen.

Really knowing the operation of God is key to salvation, else the enemy could trick us and cause us to easily fall by attributing things to the wrong entity.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Your major premise is in error, the NT is where the Christian should be, about Ephesians on right now. With 2 of the gospels saying in the 1st chapter they were written that we might know who Jesus was, after 2,000+ years we know who He was.
Jesus clearly instructed us that ALL things are new in Him.
Too often religious people attempt to put everyone back under the old testament and law.
best wishes

P

pablocito

Just to let all future posters know, this is not the place to proselytize false beliefs like magic faith healing and magic praying and magic bible reading and all of that magic nonsense. Humans are creatures of reason, and faith is not opposed to reason whatever the world or the Church says. This is not the forum for self-righteous Pharisees who believe they have all the answers and would rather the rest of us just hang from a cliff by nothing but vague hope. You super-Christians may not have to live with problems, but the rest of us live in the real world, and we need real-world solutions and people, not super Christians who believe magic faith solves all problems.
I agree with you about false prophets and charlatans (fraudsters) who exaggerate things to excess in order to forward their own agenda.

The problem here is that these things were in operation from the 1st Century when John spoke about the antichrists that were present then, and even more so now in these latter days.

Each person is going to have to navigate this perilous world which is full of evil and wickedness by the spirit and will of God.

P

pablocito

Your major premise is in error, the NT is where the Christian should be, about Ephesians on right now. With 2 of the gospels saying in the 1st chapter they were written that we might know who Jesus was, after 2,000+ years we know who He was.
Jesus clearly instructed us that ALL things are new in Him.
Too often religious people attempt to put everyone back under the old testament and law.
best wishes
God, the one TRUE GOD, from everlasting to everlasting, never changes and is the same yesterday (a trillion years ago) as He is today.

If you are saying that Adam and Eve is mere curiosity stuff and the creation of the earth by God in Genesis 1 is mere speculation, and not required for understanding the ONE TRUE GOD ( the I AM), then you are highly mistaken and probably lost to the kingdom of God.

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
I slipped and fell in the ice a few weeks ago, hurt my wrist and my backside. I guess I should have cursed Satan for putting that ice there that caused my fall.
But I simply got myself back up on my feet, and accepted that it was too slick to walk anywhere that day.

P

pablocito

I slipped and fell in the ice a few weeks ago, hurt my wrist and my backside. I guess I should have cursed Satan for putting that ice there that caused my fall.
But I simply got myself back up on my feet, and accepted that it was too slick to walk anywhere that day.
I might be damning myself by voluntarily corresponding with people who have outwardly rejected God. But I guess Lot who lived in Sodom and Gomorrah came under much intense heat as the bible said that his spirit was vexed by those people of his days in Sodom. But he managed to maintain his relationship with God and was called a righteous man.

2Pe 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

Based on your post above I would submit the below verses for your scrutiny. I hope you take the time to really get to understand them.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Jude 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
Do some research. Has any psychologist ever Cured anyone?
I want to apologize for how this seemed to come out. I was not in any way trying to be rude or trite. I recently actually saw something that approached a number of psychologist and they, every one, acknowledged that they have in fact never Cured anyone. That is why I said to do some research. I am sorry at how this may have come across.

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
I might be damning myself by voluntarily corresponding with people who have outwardly rejected God.
You say I have rejected God. As if you can see into my heart and soul. The longer I live, the more I'm inclined to believe that the people who do the most talking are the ones who know the least.
Sad to see this forum devolve into put downs and insults.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
It makes me very sad to see some here dismiss an individual's battle with mental illness as just an attack from the devil. I guess that's easy to say if you've never struggled with your mental health.
I would say that I am Highly qualified to witness to the Power of Christ over the works of darkness.

I have been at the lowest of lows in my own experience, and in those that have heard my testimony, of the saving to the uttermost of those that call upon the Name of the LORD.

I feel that I am a witness to all that I have shared here.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
Do some research yourself. Has any doctor physically cured anyone? Of course they have? For that matter, has any charlatan "faith healer" done the same? This is a practical minded thread, not one for proselytizing your brand of faith which is more akin to magic.
I am sorry if I have come across as some snake oil salesman, I am a living witness to the saving Power of Christ over the works of darkness. Wish I could share more but only trying to offer Hope in the Living GOD that has made Himself Real to me for 16 years.

He is not a genie in a bottle. He IS the same GOD that parted the Red Sea and led through the Wilderness and is going to do the same for all those that put their complete trust in Him.

Take Him at His Word. Most of the time, You have not because you ask not, or you ask not believing.

Hope this ministers to someone facing what I once faced.

SonLight_Wolf

Jan 14, 2023
Let me start this by saying I am a Bible-believing Christian. I was raised in the faith and got saved when I was 17. I know my stuff, got it?

Anyway, Christians are supposed to have hope, but the problem is, I'm not seeing too much of it right now. I know I live in the first world and therefore do not have the right to feel bad about anything, but I'm gonna be brutally honest. I'm one year away from turning 30, and I see my life afterward as a downward hill of loss for everything and everyone that's given my life meaning.

My parents, my youthful energy, my personality and drive, my home, and then my life. Time is moving way too fast for me to keep up with it, and I knew I'm gonna lose all those things before I know it. I'm not married and don't have kids (and don't ever intend to do either), and I also have next to no friends outside my family, despite my years of trying to make some (friendship is apparently too much trouble nowadays).

I honestly view the coming decades as seeing me slowly decaying in a shed in my sister's backyard, yearning for human interaction but too angry and embittered by life to receive any. And then I'll die alone, with no one and nothing left with me.

I find the idea distasteful, but at the moment, it just seems inevitable to me. I don't wanna wait till I'm dead to actually have some sense of "joy" (as most Christians would call it). And as much of a Christian as I am, I will admit I do not read my Bible and do not attend church. The former, because I'm tired of reading the same things I've heard all my life over and over again. The latter, because Churches in general just don't know what to do with people like me.

And for all that "relationship with God" talk, I call BS. God and I are nothing alike, and after trying everything I was told to do and receiving no lasting results, I've given up. If there's any relationship between us, it's strictly one of business.

And going back to how Christians are supposed to have hope, I remember distinctly being 9 years old and thinking, "I don't wanna live forever." People keep saying the new heaven and the new earth will be infinitely better than now, and to that I say, "How? Have you been there? Can you give me any real info beyond what the Bible says (which isn't much)?"

The fact of the matter is, this life is all I know. I don't care if it's fallen. And as inevitable as it is, I find the idea of 5 decades of terminal decline utterly distasteful. And then I'm gonna be forced to give it up for some vague, abstract concept of a world that's supposed to be better but gives me no reason to support that claim. I'm supposed to have faith in God, and I want to. But it makes me angry thinking of how utterly powerless I am over 90% of my life. It makes me wonder why I was even born to begin with.

For a lot of people, nebulous faith may be fine, but the truth is, not everyone can have an intimate "relationship" with God. Some of us need something concrete and certain, something we can imagine. And for all the promises God and eternal life with him offer, I just don't think he can give me that. I can't look forward to what I can't imagine.

Enjoy your early years while you can younger people, 'cause sooner or later, it's all gonna be snatched away.
Sounds like you're a fatalist.
Bible, and you say you know your stuff? OK.

You're not yet 30 and you see your future this way?
Life is what you make it.

I choose happy.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
God, the one TRUE GOD, from everlasting to everlasting, never changes and is the same yesterday (a trillion years ago) as He is today.

If you are saying that Adam and Eve is mere curiosity stuff and the creation of the earth by God in Genesis 1 is mere speculation, and not required for understanding the ONE TRUE GOD ( the I AM), then you are highly mistaken and probably lost to the kingdom of God.

Of course I am not saying that, that was a huge jump for you to have had that thought.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016

He will allow you to live with ALL the problems you wish to live with.
May it be done to you according to your will.
You sound like people I know who only play church an hour a week yet know Him not.
If you should ever choose to live for Him, He will respond.

P

pablocito

I want to apologize for how this seemed to come out. I was not in any way trying to be rude or trite. I recently actually saw something that approached a number of psychologist and they, every one, acknowledged that they have in fact never Cured anyone. That is why I said to do some research. I am sorry at how this may have come across.
You err very greatly in this respect.
You cannot apologize for speaking the truth.

You may need to go back to foundation principles and review what you believe, lest the enemy draw you into their net.

Never respect any man, not even me, for God is not into this "respect thing" or "pride thing". Study the below verses very carefully and keep them in your heart.

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

John 2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,

John 2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

P

pablocito

You say I have rejected God. As if you can see into my heart and soul. The longer I live, the more I'm inclined to believe that the people who do the most talking are the ones who know the least.
Sad to see this forum devolve into put downs and insults.
I am only one man here with probably hundreds of others. I guess it is going in the wrong direction for you because it is not going your way. I thought this was a forum (like a marketplace, with a diversity of views).

By their fruits we will know them. That is how we know the brethren from our adversaries. What comes out of your mouth is coming from your heart.

P

pablocito

The fetus and the embryo are required stages of the new born child.

Without the fetus or the embryo, there would not be a new born child. They are are essential stages of the entire process.

The Old Testament is the foundation and came first; in fact Jesus said this.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Without the Old Testament Jews we would not have any salvation today. They are the foundation that the Apostle Paul talks about. (In fact Jesus was a Jew; He was the son of David)

P

pablocito

Of course I am not saying that, that was a huge jump for you to have had that thought.
I guess with man there is always the possibility of misunderstanding and misinterpretation among themselves.

P

pablocito

You will come under attack from Satan, as this is the last act of Satan before he is finally destroyed.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Peter explained it this way:
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

In short under the old covenant, God's saints were attacked in the body (e.g Job and the Apostles and many others)
But today Satan will attack our mind because it is with our minds that we serve the law of God.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Be strong and hold fast to what you know is the truth and do not turn away from it.