Desperate need of help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SassyServant

I have been depressed most of my life and it seems like I get worse everytime. God says we are suppose to hate the world and I literally hate it with a passion..world is so bad..and my life is miserable. I just want it to all end...im sick and tired of putting this face that i am happy but im not ...i sick and tired of being strong when deep down i am broken. I am unmotivated to do anything at all. I always ask God for strength and motivation for what God has called me to do and to continue on His path but it seems like I'm in the same state. I've been praying to God ever since I was a little girl to bring me out of it..but I'm still going through the same problems with many more things added and more pain piling through and i just go through the same cycle try to be strong and try to be happy but I'm sick of "trying" . I know happiness isn't everything ...all I want is Jesus to hug me and comfort me in which I cry out to him all the time why do I feel like this still? Like Hes not there . I don't want nothing else ..honestly ask Him that He can take everything away from me I just want to be sane through His love. Btw I want to seek help but God told me nobody can help me but God himself. See I'm called to be a psychiatrist but I can't even help myself.

S

SassyServant

I feel so worthless and depressed. If someone had a gun pointed at me I wouldn't try to intervene. Like i would prolly say good riddance take me out of here. And that's the truth :(

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I feel so worthless and depressed. If someone had a gun pointed at me I wouldn't try to intervene. Like i would prolly say good riddance take me out of here. And that's the truth :(
How old are you?

J

joefizz

I have been depressed most of my life and it seems like I get worse everytime. God says we are suppose to hate the world and I literally hate it with a passion..world is so bad..and my life is miserable. I just want it to all end...im sick and tired of putting this face that i am happy but im not ...i sick and tired of being strong when deep down i am broken. I am unmotivated to do anything at all. I always ask God for strength and motivation for what God has called me to do and to continue on His path but it seems like I'm in the same state. I've been praying to God ever since I was a little girl to bring me out of it..but I'm still going through the same problems with many more things added and more pain piling through and i just go through the same cycle try to be strong and try to be happy but I'm sick of "trying" . I know happiness isn't everything ...all I want is Jesus to hug me and comfort me in which I cry out to him all the time why do I feel like this still? Like Hes not there . I don't want nothing else ..honestly ask Him that He can take everything away from me I just want to be sane through His love. Btw I want to seek help but God told me nobody can help me but God himself. See I'm called to be a psychiatrist but I can't even help myself.
Well one problem is that you misunderstand "hating the, world" isn't quite the whole truth,God's word says"to be a friend of the world is to be at emnity(war)with God"
This doesn't mean actually to hate the world with every fiber of your being because the bible also says"hatred breeds more hatred" and "anger but sin not" all this together means to "Endure" the world and strive to not "succumb to it" as in when someone is doing something sinful you don't partake of what they are doing and you don't hate them.
Jesus even pointed that the second great commandment is to "love thy neighbor as yourself" now this sounds rather confusing but the, overall point is to not "Love the things of the world" and separate yourself from the world.
Overall meaning strive to do right by others and care for them even when they hurt you,and be not quick to anger,this is where God/Jesus comes in trusting him to keep you from doing wrong and through the holy spirit be lead to do right,and you are quite right you can't help yourself being a psychiatrist because you are more suited to fix other people's problem's,God/Jesus knows this and that is most likely why you are here,because this way instead of resolving other people's problems, through prayer and fellowship now you can resolve yours,feel free to socialize and may God bless you!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Ariel82

If a voice is tell you not to seek help...then that voice isn't coming from God.

God made us to be social people and to lean on one another in our time of need. He calls the church to be many members of one body and to work and learn with one another.

You are not alone and it's not wrong to reach out for help, even professional help. Often it's harder to ask for help and let others close enough to help than to help others.

What happened when you were little?

J

joefizz

You're life is just beginning,God has led you here,so please consider talking with people here,you not only would learn alot but also many people here could help you through this time of depression.

J

joefizz

You aren't worthless,from what I can gather from some of your old posts,you are a devout believer and are just having a rough patch in your life right now.

S

SassyServant

Sorry I didnt mean it like that... It's more like even if I went to the best doctors they won't be able to help me only God can help me out of this. I seek professional help before ..and I never went to one again after I heard from God. I feel like God wants me to just rely on Him since He is the greatest physician.

S

SassyServant

Yes you are certainly correct a bout the world. I guess I don't like the fact that the world is filled with so much evil. And what meant by the whole psychiatrist thing is that a couple of people gave me a prophecy that I was called to become a psychiatrist and it feels like how can I become one if I can't even help myself

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear that, friend. I appreciate your willingness to share about your struggles with us. It’s not easy to go through depression. It’s a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Please know that your life is precious no matter what you’re going through. Putting an end to your life will never solve your problems. I just said a prayer for you, asking the Lord to reveal His healing presence to you in a special and powerful way, filling you with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead. Remember that He is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him (Nahum 1:7). Do you have a support group nearby where you can connect with others regularly? You deserve to feel better and no situation is hopeless. Stay strong. Hugs!

J

joefizz

Yes you are certainly correct a bout the world. I guess I don't like the fact that the world is filled with so much evil. And what meant by the whole psychiatrist thing is that a couple of people gave me a prophecy that I was called to become a psychiatrist and it feels like how can I become one if I can't even help myself
Yeah it's tough but all the more reason to keep moving forward I suppose since the more "evil"the world gets the sooner Jesus shall return,praise be to God for that information!

S

SassyServant

Yes thank you I love Jesus no matter what and He is the sole reason why I didn't end my life already because I made for a purpose but it's like I don't have motivation to live anymore and I act like everything is okay when I am not. I cry for God to just be there like seriously I just want God's hand to hold.. idc Bout these worldly things..He can do whatever He wants with me and my life but I just want JESUS!!! I want to be sane.. I don't to be depressed and unmotivated to live anymore. .. but how come it feels like He is not there ? I know He is there watching but I want more of His peace And love I guess I need his comfort because of the pain and brokenness in my life

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hang in there sis :) to think that you've gone this far I can say that you are really a strong person. You will be a great psychiatrist in the future. A compassionate one :) just keep holding on sis. God knows your struggles and He is working .

Ii just prayed for you.

God bless you ❤

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
We are told: Jn 15:11
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
KJV

I suggest that you continually ask God for the joy He says that He wants you to have; and, believe that He will give it to you.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Sometimes, the way we perceive things, the way we think about things, and the way we approach things, can lead to us depressing ourselves. The bible doesn't say to hate the world, in fact; "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son" (John 3:16). Not loving the world just means not to get caught up in worldly things & values.

If being unmotivated makes you sad, then force yourself to be motivated and plow forward. Give yourself an attitude adjustment and start pursuing the things and goals that might provide some satisfaction. Few people are 'happy' all the time, but they learn to cope and make the best of things.

J

joefizz

God bless you hun, It's as if God hears us every time we call on him, My Name is Tammara Acevedo i specialize in Relationship, Life and Sexual advice for the Christian community via, telephone, skype etc. my website is https://tammaraacevedo.wixsite.com/sexsaid hopefully you reach out to me soon so i can help you during your walk with Christ
you really aren't supposed to promote a site or business here.

D

Depleted

Yes thank you I love Jesus no matter what and He is the sole reason why I didn't end my life already because I made for a purpose but it's like I don't have motivation to live anymore and I act like everything is okay when I am not. I cry for God to just be there like seriously I just want God's hand to hold.. idc Bout these worldly things..He can do whatever He wants with me and my life but I just want JESUS!!! I want to be sane.. I don't to be depressed and unmotivated to live anymore. .. but how come it feels like He is not there ? I know He is there watching but I want more of His peace And love I guess I need his comfort because of the pain and brokenness in my life
You keep writing two things that are opposite of each other.
1. I keep trying.
2. I can't get past myself.

You're actually fairly sane there, but you haven't connected the two statements yet. If you wanted toast, but your toaster is broken, would you keep putting bread until the toaster works? No? Okay, then why do you keep trying since you know your broken and can't get past yourself?

Have you yet been able to fix yourself by your trying to? No? Good. That's proof your sane.

Now that is out of the way, you have one more thing you keep repeating -- you desperately need Jesus. You're not nuts there either. Right on the money. A profound truth that very few catch onto but you have. So how did that happen, since you know your broken?

Jesus gave you that! You're absolutely right! You need Jesus, and as broke as you are, he fixed you enough to know you need him.

You're right. He is your comfort. He is your strength. He is everything you need to do what he wants you to do. He's it. Not your trying. He's it!!!

You're doing most of what you're supposed to be doing -- clinging to him, talking to him, reading what he's saying to you, and getting your comfort. Enjoy the comfort! He gives great comfort. Feel free to bask in it. Need a pick me up in the morning? He's there. Getting discouraged before breakfast? He's there. Every time through the day you feel discouraged or broken, go back to him. He fixed you to know you need him and gives you that comfort.

That leaves one thing you already said you know. He has a purpose for you. Yup. Not wrong there either. So what is that purpose?

Mark 12:[FONT=&quot]30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”[/FONT]

Ah, man! Did you just go back to "I try but I'm broken?" I know that. We all know that. And we all know that because it's the same way with us. But that's our purpose in him, and when we aim to do all in love for him and love for others, he strengthens and enables us to do that. Why? Because that's exactly what we were designed to do, so he completes us to do that very thing.

If not that, then we are depleted on our own. But we aren't, because he completes us.

So focus on how good and comforting and loving he is to you. And that explosion of love from him makes us just gotta do the same for him and others. Not of our brokenness. Of his completeness in us.

Love him fully. Love others fully. And then you see that is your purpose. You can't. He can in you.

D

Depleted

its not to promote it, its mostly to help anyone who's looking for this type of counseling cause I know there aren't many out there you know?
And the ones out there skilled to do it, aren't advertising to strangers on a forum.

S

SassyServant

God bless you guys for the prayers and the help. You guys are right God is still working in my life and I have to trust that God will help me overcome this depression. There's really nothing I can do but to continue to pray and keep my trust in God that He's always going to be there even when I feel so far and alone He is there at work. It definitely is hard ..but God keeps his promises and in order to become a psychiatrist I have to go through all this first in order to use my pain for good and use it to help others. Thanks I must say I feel alot better after reading so much encouragement . :) really appreciate the love. God bless

D

Depleted

No, you really don't. He may keep you depressed for the rest of your life. He did that for Charles Spurgeon. But that does not stop him from having you do your purpose in life. Stop worrying about the depression. Focus on God.