Desperate need of help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 19, 2017
I have been depressed most of my life and it seems like I get worse everytime. God says we are suppose to hate the world and I literally hate it with a passion..world is so bad..and my life is miserable. I just want it to all end...im sick and tired of putting this face that i am happy but im not ...i sick and tired of being strong when deep down i am broken. I am unmotivated to do anything at all. I always ask God for strength and motivation for what God has called me to do and to continue on His path but it seems like I'm in the same state. I've been praying to God ever since I was a little girl to bring me out of it..but I'm still going through the same problems with many more things added and more pain piling through and i just go through the same cycle try to be strong and try to be happy but I'm sick of "trying" . I know happiness isn't everything ...all I want is Jesus to hug me and comfort me in which I cry out to him all the time why do I feel like this still? Like Hes not there . I don't want nothing else ..honestly ask Him that He can take everything away from me I just want to be sane through His love. Btw I want to seek help but God told me nobody can help me but God himself. See I'm called to be a psychiatrist but I can't even help myself.
Thanks for your honesty. I have studied integrative counselling and psychology, I found that it stirred allot of old unresolved wounds up. I truly believe the only place that we can experience that deeper healing is through Jesus. Sometimes He delivers us of certain things within an instant; but more often than not it's a process. Renewal of the mind and sanctification (the process of being made more like Jesus). Our relationship is cooperative. Therefore there are certain things we can do to help the process. I know when we feel down the last thing we want to do is anything, but fellowship, prayer, reading the bible and trusting relationships where you can share in a compassionate, non- judgemental setting will all contribute to your restoration. Therapy is also very beneficial. Things like borderline personality disorder can benefit from certain types of therapy. I would recommend schema-therapy, although it is long term in integrates a number of modalities. Remember God can use these things as a tool to help you understand some of the reasons why you are feeling the way you feel. Emotions can feel very powerful, and yet we have the ability to choose. Take small achievable steps to begin with. Start by writing out a daily plan of motivation, then start to set goals towards your future. When you understand the truth of why your struggling, and if it's trauma related there are may things that can help. I will pray God leads and guides you into the freedom he desires for you. God bless you and keep you.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
I have been depressed most of my life and it seems like I get worse everytime. God says we are suppose to hate the world and I literally hate it with a passion..world is so bad..and my life is miserable. I just want it to all end...im sick and tired of putting this face that i am happy but im not ...i sick and tired of being strong when deep down i am broken. I am unmotivated to do anything at all. I always ask God for strength and motivation for what God has called me to do and to continue on His path but it seems like I'm in the same state. I've been praying to God ever since I was a little girl to bring me out of it..but I'm still going through the same problems with many more things added and more pain piling through and i just go through the same cycle try to be strong and try to be happy but I'm sick of "trying" . I know happiness isn't everything ...all I want is Jesus to hug me and comfort me in which I cry out to him all the time why do I feel like this still? Like Hes not there . I don't want nothing else ..honestly ask Him that He can take everything away from me I just want to be sane through His love. Btw I want to seek help but God told me nobody can help me but God himself. See I'm called to be a psychiatrist but I can't even help myself.
You feel the way you do because you have no direction to go. You are like standing in a desert and have no ideal which way to go. Every direction looks the same to you. You would rather just God tell you "Go this way" And you are more than willing to obey what He tells you. The problem is He is not telling you which direction, you feel lost, you feel confused, you feel like He is not hearing your plea for help. He is silent, and now your thinking maybe He doesn't care enough to lead you. And instead of choosing a direction you are taking thought to just sit down and wait for the buzzards to come and pick the flesh off your bones, you just don't care.

Snap out of it, the Matrix has you.

You say
I always ask God for strength and motivation for what God has called me to do and to continue on His path
So you pray to God to continue on His path? Do you go to Church? Do you attend a Bible study? Do you read His Word Daily? Do you study His Word? You pray to God to continue on His Path but do you do those things that are on His Path?

You do not know which direction to go, because the Spirit of Truth in you is not strong enough to reveal to you which direction to go. Jesus said "eat me" and Jesus is the Word. The more you read and study Scriptures the more your spirit is being fed, the more your spirit is being fed the stronger your spirit gets. And then one day like lightning you read a verse that you have read a hundred times before and BAM!!!!! The understanding of that verse floods into your mind. It was only at that point your spirit was strong enough to reveal to you the meaning of that verse.

You want to know what direction God wants you to go, then first feed your Spirit. Read the Word, Study the Word, go to a Bible Study, go to Church to hear the Word preached, live and eat the Word of God, and then God most assuredly will reveal to you what He wants you to do with your life for Him.

But as long as the matrix has you, it will keep you down and out, confused, and thinking about ending it all. Jesus is LIFE. Jesus is the Word. i have read the Word of God front to back over 80 times in my life, and to this day the Holy Spirit is still teaching me things concerning the Word. Wake up, get into the Word of God, feed your Spirit.
You would not go one day without feeding your flesh food, Why would you go one day without feeding your spirit food, which is the Word of God? Read it, study it, and then see if God does not give you a mission, a goal, a direction.

Those who draw close to God, are those that God will draw close to.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave

Roadkill

Dec 19, 2017
I feel so worthless and depressed. If someone had a gun pointed at me I wouldn't try to intervene. Like i would prolly say good riddance take me out of here. And that's the truth :(
First of all you are not Worthless. That's a lie of the Devil to you. Think about this, the Creator of Heaven and Earth and of all things has sent his ONLY Begotten Son down here to save YOU. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not going to sacrifice my son for something that is worthless, would you? So you have some seriously Great Value to God for him to do this. Agreed? Whether we see the value at this point and time is irrelevant to what God sees in us. Now this world we are in is a huge testing ground for us to be tested by God and to grow our Faith in. Once we die we are set in our spiritual growth but we are removed from sin for all eternity. So we must endure to the End of our Lives in the Faith of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. No matter how much we want to go home or how much the world hates us we have to be here till God calls us home.

Jul 20, 2017
I wanted to die for a long time. Then I just snapped. Ever since I have been having alot more fun making everybody else want to kill me.

LibrarianLeo

Feb 8, 2018
Helping other people with their problems is the solution you are looking for.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Originally Posted by SassyServant
I feel so worthless and depressed. If someone had a gun pointed at me I wouldn't try to intervene. Like i would prolly say good riddance take me out of here. And that's the truth :(
SassyServant, your thinking about dying is the depression talking. Don't listen. I have been living in depression for the last 18 years. See a doctor and get on some medicine; it helps a lot. :cool:

Feb 7, 2018
Hopefully you are still here. Try professional counseling. There is nothing wrong with believing in God and seeing a doctor. We have to be reasonable as followers. Continue to pray & that with seeing a counselor or therapist will help.

LibrarianLeo

Feb 8, 2018
Help other people. This is the solution.