Devotionals & Prayer

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18
(This blog continues the topic of drawing near to the Lord through prayer.)

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests..."--Ephesians 6:18


One of the easiest ways to spend time with the Lord in prayer is through the use of daily devotional. Devotional books may vary in style and theme. Many include a Bible verse with commentary and a corresponding prayer for each day of the year. Shop around to find the one that is right for you.

Devotional books are available at your Christian bookstore or online. (See Christian Books blog for a selection of Christian bookstores.) If books aren't your thing, look for devotional emails and apps. The devotional can turn any Christian into a prayer warrior. You will be sending up fresh daily prayers to the Lord's throne before you know it.


Try this! If you are looking for a way to instill Christianity in your children, consider purchasing a devotional book written especially for children.

Devotional prayers are no better than the simple prayers that rise up in your heart. This book is a tool to supplement your daily prayers.
​
 
When we reading bible daily, we can pray read too, maybe it take times to complete bible reading schedule but its worth to pray and read.the Scriptures touch us
 
HelenTn;bt4379 said:
When we reading bible daily, we can pray read too, maybe it take times to complete bible reading schedule but its worth to pray and read.the Scriptures touch us

Yes! Reading the Bible is my favorite time to spend time with the Lord. It also helps you think of things to pray for. Thanks for your comment.:D
 
Two things: 1) "...daily devotional."
2) "...
a way to instill Christianity in your children."

a) There was a time I kept a record of my prayers. By time (months or years) I re-read them and Checked there were REPLIED ANSWERS, I received a response, so I registered the things, just as my personal witness and may serve your readers.

b) Today I saw 3 teens seizing the money of a man... This behavior, as SIN, comes for not teaching our children the 10 commands. God Himself says "...they are your life...". It means life is kept if we keep on obedience. It will change society, because Venezuela is a CHAOS...
 
KBond;bt4380 said:
Yes! Reading the Bible is my favorite time to spend time with the Lord. It also helps you think of things to pray for. Thanks for your comment.:D

Your welcome, thanks for posting too as its good to remind us back to the words of God
 
secularhermit;bt4381 said:
b) Today I saw 3 teens seizing the money of a man... This behavior, as SIN, comes for not teaching our children the 10 commands. God Himself says "...they are your life...". It means life is kept if we keep on obedience. It will change society, because Venezuela is a CHAOS...[/COLOR]

I don't know how Venezuela is, my country is a Chaos from the government till bottom part of society , sometimes really get mad when nobody catch the thieves, robbers or drug dealers, gov servant hold water supply and sell to people at behind but only know how to summon people for road tax expired, catched the illegal immigrants who hardworking and helpful, approve identity card to those who will vote for their party etc etc etc...

Those can't count, may God and reign the earth soon. No king is good except God Himself to be our Kings on earth.
 
I use " Our daily Bread" for some of my devotional time, it is free through the mail, and my church has them to give out every three months. I like them because the devotionals are always relevant to my daily life. Also, the size is small and easy to carry with my bible.
 
savedandhopeful;bt4399 said:
I use " Our daily Bread" for some of my devotional time, it is free through the mail, and my church has them to give out every three months. I like them because the devotionals are always relevant to my daily life. Also, the size is small and easy to carry with my bible.

I haven't heard of that one, but I just looked at their website and it looks like a nice devotional. And for free...cool!
 
secularhermit;bt4381 said:
Two things: 1) "...daily devotional."
2) "...
a way to instill Christianity in your children."

a) There was a time I kept a record of my prayers. By time (months or years) I re-read them and Checked there were REPLIED ANSWERS, I received a response, so I registered the things, just as my personal witness and may serve your readers.

b) Today I saw 3 teens seizing the money of a man... This behavior, as SIN, comes for not teaching our children the 10 commands. God Himself says "...they are your life...". It means life is kept if we keep on obedience. It will change society, because Venezuela is a CHAOS...

I like the idea of the record of prayers. Sometimes I notice people pray things in desperation, then God answers, but then they forget they ever prayed it and forget to thank Him. Then they complain that God never answers prayers and turn from Him.
 
@ Helen Tn I don´t that, the way you said it, but I saw that in Colombia too ("... gov servant hold water supply and sell to people at behind... "). They make business on the stuff belonging to ppoeple, so we see hypocrisy all over.

Oh! I heard this is happening here too ("...
approve identity card to those who will vote for their party...") The gave legal ID on those who were forced to vote for them and, the the day had to vote, found ed one someone else voted for them. And I know it from several colombians and fore3igners who wanted those paper to live here, "legally". This is the ROBO-lution I see.
 
oh i see i thought, its just happened in my country for the IC project, anyway, may God reign in our hearts, nothing is better than governed by God Himself. :)