Did I do the right thing?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Acr96

Member
Nov 11, 2015
99
0
0
So my fiancé and I just bought a trailer. We went last night to pay for it. While we were there, we asked the people we were buying it off of if we could have the power pole too. They said they didnt know because they didnt ask the landlord, but they didnt see why the landlords would need so we could have it. Well I said we would just ask the landlords, but i dont believe the women heard me. So i felt uneasy about it and messaged the women to make sure she heard me. I didnt want them to think we were ok with basically stealing a power pole. She replied that she understood. Well while messaging her she told me not to tell the nosey neighbors how much we paid for the tralier because they would probably ask. She said to tell them we paid 8500 which is not the truth. I just said "we wont tell them how much we paid. That my fiancé would probably just tell the neighbors it was none of their business". Do you think that is still lying because I dont want them to believe we were ok with condoning lying about the price. Im not sure if i made it clear enough. I was afriad to say no thats lying but i do agree with them on not sharing the price as some people are funny about sharing finances.
 
First of all, what is a power pole? :confused:

Anyhoo, I don't see it as lying because truthfully, it ISN'T any of the neighbor's business how much you paid. Just say, "Im sorry but we don't discuss finances with other people".
 
First of all, what is a power pole? :confused:

Anyhoo, I don't see it as lying because truthfully, it ISN'T any of the neighbor's business how much you paid. Just say, "Im sorry but we don't discuss finances with other people".

A power pole if just a very large pole that goes in the ground that you hook a meter box up to so you can run power to your home.

I wasnt worried about the neighbors. I didnt want the people we bought it off of to think we were ok with lying. But im not sure if she understood we wasnt going to lie.
 
I'm pretty sure that unless she's really stupid, then she understood. Even if she didn't, it doesn't matter. You told her what you'll say to the neighbors, so that's good enough.. :)


A power pole if just a very large pole that goes in the ground that you hook a meter box up to so you can run power to your home.

I wasnt worried about the neighbors. I didnt want the people we bought it off of to think we were ok with lying. But im not sure if she understood we wasnt going to lie.
 
So my fiancé and I just bought a trailer. We went last night to pay for it. While we were there, we asked the people we were buying it off of if we could have the power pole too. They said they didnt know because they didnt ask the landlord, but they didnt see why the landlords would need so we could have it. Well I said we would just ask the landlords, but i dont believe the women heard me. So i felt uneasy about it and messaged the women to make sure she heard me. I didnt want them to think we were ok with basically stealing a power pole. She replied that she understood. Well while messaging her she told me not to tell the nosey neighbors how much we paid for the tralier because they would probably ask. She said to tell them we paid 8500 which is not the truth. I just said "we wont tell them how much we paid. That my fiancé would probably just tell the neighbors it was none of their business". Do you think that is still lying because I dont want them to believe we were ok with condoning lying about the price. Im not sure if i made it clear enough. I was afriad to say no thats lying but i do agree with them on not sharing the price as some people are funny about sharing finances.
I see nothing wrong with what you did.
 
Yes, you did the right thing.

ECCLESIASTES 7:16 Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise — why destroy yourself?
 
it's refreshing to read that you have a heart for what Jesus desires of us...
there will always be a price that we must pay if we speak a lie, it's just not
worth it...
 
I would think if you have a landlord, the power pole is part of the lot where the trailer is.

It's nobody's business what you pay for something.