Did I sell my soul?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bill321
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bill321

Guest
I saw a post about this topic and now wanted to talk about my situation. I have OCD and I am a Christian. I dont know why but years ago I heard about all this selling your soul stuff and it caused me to say oh sell my soul for....just for bad things to happen to people that I love. It made me feel like I actually did it but I would never want that honestly. It bothered me so much for a long time. Am I ok or did I really" sell my soul? Nothing bad will happen to anyone because I said that dumb stuff right? I know this is a dumb post but it really bothered me.
 
You don't own your soul, thus you cannot sell it.

And, if you have accepted Christ as your saviour, your soul is eternally safe in God.
 
I saw a post about this topic and now wanted to talk about my situation. I have OCD and I am a Christian. I dont know why but years ago I heard about all this selling your soul stuff and it caused me to say oh sell my soul for....just for bad things to happen to people that I love. It made me feel like I actually did it but I would never want that honestly. It bothered me so much for a long time. Am I ok or did I really" sell my soul? Nothing bad will happen to anyone because I said that dumb stuff right? I know this is a dumb post but it really bothered me.

Make Christ the center point of your life, not your sin.
 
No, there is nothing to worry about.
As a Christ the bible says you were bought for a price, by God. God owns you, not Satan. Don't make other people's troubles about you.
 
If you really did sell your soul you wouldn't worry about it. The fact that you are concerned is proof you still have a soul. I wonder if your concern is the enemy playing tricks in your mind.
 
You don't own your soul, thus you cannot sell it.

And, if you have accepted Christ as your saviour, your soul is eternally safe in God.


I think this comment is the general basis for any real doctrinal discussion.

We can get into scripture and really dissect this issue, but I think this comment sums it up.
 
I saw a post about this topic and now wanted to talk about my situation. I have OCD and I am a Christian. I dont know why but years ago I heard about all this selling your soul stuff and it caused me to say oh sell my soul for....just for bad things to happen to people that I love. It made me feel like I actually did it but I would never want that honestly. It bothered me so much for a long time. Am I ok or did I really" sell my soul? Nothing bad will happen to anyone because I said that dumb stuff right? I know this is a dumb post but it really bothered me.

Just repent of doing it, come back to Christ and forget the things you did in the past and focus on God and moving forward.
 
You might know already,you said that this was a long time ago...well did anything bad happen to any of those people?maybe the bad will happen after they die.

If you don't already know I'm kinda a jerk so I don't mind being the maverick,so I guess that I'm the only one that thinks that YES it MIGHT be possible to lose your soul that easily,I wouldn't be playing around like that just to be on the safe side,because think practically,don't YOU think that a person that wishes harm on others belongs in hell?...why shouldn't God.

It is sooo irresponsible to tell people that this type of stuff is OK as long as you "repent" afterwards.

Or "you can do whatever you want,don't worry you'll still go to Heaven because God owns your soul and He's such a nice guy that He don't want nobody in hell".

What's really sad is some very ignorant easily influenced people will read b++++++t like this and believe it,because you people actually think that you know what you are talking about so it comes across with a authority effect.

Why don't you add some truth?and tell them that nobody really knows until AFTER they are judged,God made it like that for the obvious reasons.
 
You are supposed to learn from past mistakes NOT forget them or you'll just make them again,hence you life long daily "repenters" whom I shall just refer to as "lifers".
 
You might know already,you said that this was a long time ago...well did anything bad happen to any of those people?maybe the bad will happen after they die.

If you don't already know I'm kinda a jerk so I don't mind being the maverick,so I guess that I'm the only one that thinks that YES it MIGHT be possible to lose your soul that easily,I wouldn't be playing around like that just to be on the safe side,because think practically,don't YOU think that a person that wishes harm on others belongs in hell?...why shouldn't God.

It is sooo irresponsible to tell people that this type of stuff is OK as long as you "repent" afterwards.

Or "you can do whatever you want,don't worry you'll still go to Heaven because God owns your soul and He's such a nice guy that He don't want nobody in hell".

What's really sad is some very ignorant easily influenced people will read b++++++t like this and believe it,because you people actually think that you know what you are talking about so it comes across with a authority effect.

Why don't you add some truth?and tell them that nobody really knows until AFTER they are judged,God made it like that for the obvious reasons.

We are taught to renew our minds "Romans 12:2" and to "Ephesians 4:22" put off the old way of thinking.. part of doing that is repenting and moving forward in faith, not clinging to it and being mentally bound by guilt... We are also taught that we should count ourselves dead to sin but alive to God through Christ, this is not license to sin, its a way of life where a Christian is to live to God through Christ as they are transformed by the renewing of their mind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldethennew
You are saying to open the mind to all views and through that we better ourselves?

Im all for that! There is another recent thread that I commented on that is kinda in the same vein.
 
Have you read the Bible recently to see what it says about soul? Do you know
what a soul is? It seems many do not, so you would not be alone to say no.

God formed man from the dust of the ground, the elements of the earth.
At that point, man could have been like a carrot, or a potato. Mr potato head.
But then God breathed into man the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

Is it possible to sell this? It is the essence of your being, who you are, body and mind.
And your heart, your innermost being, where your truths and inner witness reside.
It is not something you have like a possession, or added to you. It is your very life.

Before you are born again spiritually, you reside in the flesh, you are of Adam.
Some would say at this point that you belong to the devil. Did you sell your
soul to him? No. It is your spiritual condition until you respond to the call
God has put on your life through the shedding of blood of Jesus Christ on the
cross, where He paid the price for the sins of the world, that we may be
reconciled to God and have a life more abundant. Once you respond with
faith to Jesus' propitiatory sacrifice, you are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Pray for understanding that you may become grounded in the Truth of God's Word.



 
  • Like
Reactions: EarnestQ
I saw a post about this topic and now wanted to talk about my situation. I have OCD and I am a Christian. I dont know why but years ago I heard about all this selling your soul stuff and it caused me to say oh sell my soul for....just for bad things to happen to people that I love. It made me feel like I actually did it but I would never want that honestly. It bothered me so much for a long time. Am I ok or did I really" sell my soul? Nothing bad will happen to anyone because I said that dumb stuff right? I know this is a dumb post but it really bothered me.

Hi I am fairly new here I hope you don't mind my answering, I still have a lot to learn. I have OCD too and this kind of weird worries about things I did in my past, they are absolutely torturing and many of them aren't even real. Sounds to me you didn't sell your soul but indeed tampered with your peace of mind. That is what you sold. But I want to believe in God's forgiveness, we can say and do a lot of things when angry and then repent - If God's forgiveness is not real then we are all in a pretty bad situation. But we are sinners by nature and therefore I think God naturally expects us to do inappropriate things. Here's a good news: you don't have superpowers. This idea I think is reinforced by OCD (that your thoughts can alter other people's reality) and it is exploited by many preudo therapists and new agers, you know the "The Secret" thing and such visualisation this type of cruop. Fact is, no one cares about your thoughts, the only effective thought is God's thought and it is the Bible, all the rest of our thoughts is just trash. I have often wondered if this kind of thoughts are actually craving for attention that we don't verbalise, a need of being loved. We certainly cannot control or change things with our thoughts. Thank God for that, otherwise my life would be much more catastrophic lol. Many many blessings!
 
Have you read the Bible recently to see what it says about soul? Do you know
what a soul is? It seems many do not, so you would not be alone to say no.

God formed man from the dust of the ground, the elements of the earth.
At that point, man could have been like a carrot, or a potato. Mr potato head.
But then God breathed into man the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

Is it possible to sell this? It is the essence of your being, who you are, body and mind.
And your heart, your innermost being, where your truths and inner witness reside.
It is not something you have like a possession, or added to you. It is your very life.

Before you are born again spiritually, you reside in the flesh, you are of Adam.
Some would say at this point that you belong to the devil. Did you sell your
soul to him? No. It is your spiritual condition until you respond to the call
God has put on your life through the shedding of blood of Jesus Christ on the
cross, where He paid the price for the sins of the world, that we may be
reconciled to God and have a life more abundant. Once you respond with
faith to Jesus' propitiatory sacrifice, you are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Pray for understanding that you may become grounded in the Truth of God's Word.




This ↑ is a wonderful answer. Wow
 
Mystical fruits and vegetables?.....yep that sounds about right.

Can you explain what you mean in plain english? I don't think so,that's probably because you don't know yourself.

Im not trying to be argumentative im serious,lets see you explain without the mysticism.
 
Do you realize in the real rational world that make no sense? So I think you are good. What did G-d say when you asked Him?
 
we all retain our God-given-personalities, and our Heavenly Father never
denies us to 'choose' whom we will serve,..we will always 'reap what we sow'...