Did Jesus Die on The Cross for The Just/Elect/Saved Whose Names Are Written in The Book of Life OR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 24, 2024
I take it by the above that you don't believe what Jesus said after all. Didn't take me me long at all to prove your hypocrisy, did it?

You boldly claimed earlier:
"I go by the words of Christ that can be found in the Bible so if you think I am heretical then you are claiming Jesus was one."

But now that you can't believe him, then I have to think you believe Jesus was a heretic.

And there is no imperative in John 3:16, proving once again that there's nothing you won't do, no low to which you won't stoop to justify your presuppositions. There is no excuse you won't use, no matter how absurdly inane. And since you think Jesus' teachings, which he often expressed in parabolic form, aren't prime scripture on par with his Father's commands, why don't you give us your exposition of Mat 18: 1-14? This should be fun now that you've gone to a new low by pitting Father against Son, even though everything Jesus taught he received from his Father. :rolleyes:
You clearly have never studied the Old Testament Shepherds. David laid his life on the line against bears and lions and other predators. Jesus is willing to lay His life down for His Own Sheep. But Jesus Sheep come from the Father's command to Die for the whole world.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
You clearly have never studied the Old Testament Shepherds. David laid his life on the line against bears and lions and other predators. Jesus is willing to lay His life down for His Own Sheep. But Jesus Sheep come from the Father's command to Die for the whole world.
Two things: First of all Matthew 18 is NOT addressing the question of who the objects of Christ's atonement are. So, Jn 3:16 has nothing to do with that passage. A total non sequitur. Matthew 18 is addressing the doctrine of the Preservation of the Saints/Sheep! If you're going to appeal to a passage on who the objects of Christ's atonement are, then you need to go to John 10 the Good Shepherd's Discourse.

David the shepherd boy risked his life to actually save his sheep! He didn't make their salvation merely possible, he actually saved two sheep on two separate occasions by RESCUING them from the jaws of certain death. In other words, David PRESERVED the life of his sheep. And that is what Jesus is teaching in Matthew 18. Why can't you believe Jesus?

Matt 18:14
14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones (v.6) should be lost.
NIV

Jan 24, 2024
Two things: First of all Matthew 18 is NOT addressing the question of who the objects of Christ's atonement are. So, Jn 3:16 has nothing to do with that passage. A total non sequitur. Matthew 18 is addressing the doctrine of the Preservation of the Saints/Sheep! If you're going to appeal to a passage on who the objects of Christ's atonement are, then you need to go to John 10 the Good Shepherd's Discourse.

David the shepherd boy risked his life to actually save his sheep! He didn't make their salvation merely possible, he actually saved two sheep on two separate occasions by RESCUING them from the jaws of certain death. In other words, David PRESERVED the life of his sheep. And that is what Jesus is teaching in Matthew 18. Why can't you believe Jesus?

Matt 18:14
14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones (v.6) should be lost.
NIV
You just proved you don't understand why Jesus told the Jews about being a Shepherd by parable who knows about the duties of what a shepherd is all about.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
Your stupid question deserved an equally inane reply. Just because someone has largely been self-taught does not mean that on his truth-seeking journey he never changed his mind on prior beliefs. That is what a journey is all about. Discovering new things and broadening understandings of older things.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
You just proved you don't understand why Jesus told the Jews about being a Shepherd by parable who knows about the duties of what a shepherd is all about.
So, I take it you're not going to going to give us your exposition of Mat 18:1-14 for us? You're just going to buffet the wind with your fists for us with your bluster about how much I supposedly don't know? That's your exposition? :rolleyes:

Jan 24, 2024
So, I take it you're not going to going to give us your exposition of Mat 18:1-14 for us? You're just going to buffet the wind with your fists for us with your bluster about how much I supposedly don't know? That's your exposition? :rolleyes:
I will in a few minutes I am already involved in a discussion before you quoted me (y)
I want to carefully read Matthew 18:1-14.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Your stupid question deserved an equally inane reply. Just because someone has largely been self-taught does not mean that on his truth-seeking journey he never changed his mind on prior beliefs. That is what a journey is all about. Discovering new things and broadening understandings of older things.
We are all self taught more than you might think. Some have no choice but to study for their very survival and God allows it because He knows that by His Spirit He can lead them on their journey in truth and not the watered down version that is handed out so often in church.

Some, have learned to love the word because it is the light on their path....the means of keeping their feet in the right direction and not be sidetracked by all the false prophets, teachers, workers of miracles, self-agrandising liars that always seem to gather itching ears to themselves and various and sundry other things that distract from what is true.

And of course since God knows each of us better than we know ourselves, there are many ways He encourages because Jesus is the Good Shepherd and God sent Him to us and continues to point to Him as the One who is the way, the Truth and the LIfe.

A person not led of the Holy Spirit has the definite and distinct attribute of turning hearts to stone. Without the Holy Spirit, even the Bible becomes just more words.

63The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64However, there are some of you who do not believe.” John 6

Jan 24, 2024
There's 3 Parables here. Which one is the point you want to discuss?

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
We are all self taught more than you might think. Some have no choice but to study for their very survival and God allows it because He knows that by His Spirit He can lead them on their journey in truth and not the watered down version that is handed out so often in church.

Some, have learned to love the word because it is the light on their path....the means of keeping their feet in the right direction and not be sidetracked by all the false prophets, teachers, workers of miracles, self-agrandising liars that always seem to gather itching ears to themselves and various and sundry other things that distract from what is true.

And of course since God knows each of us better than we know ourselves, there are many ways He encourages because Jesus is the Good Shepherd and God sent Him to us and continues to point to Him as the One who is the way, the Truth and the LIfe.

A person not led of the Holy Spirit has the definite and distinct attribute of turning hearts to stone. Without the Holy Spirit, even the Bible becomes just more words.

63The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64However, there are some of you who do not believe.” John 6
Odd choice of words, as though studying and meditating on God's Word is something less than desirable. I think those who hunger and thirst for righteousness would desire nothing less than to be immersed in the scriptures -- daily!

Jan 24, 2024
Three? If you say so. :ROFL: Hey...the ball is in your court. Run with it anyway you want. I have already given my take on the passage in 5119.
18:
1-6 = humbleness
7-9 = temptation and avoidance of temptation
10-14 = Lost Sheep (Israel)
15-20 = Those who sin against you