Did Jesus Die on The Cross for The Just/Elect/Saved Whose Names Are Written in The Book of Life OR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
I'll take covenants for $100, Alex.
Which covenants for $100?

Noahic covenant?
Abrahamic covenant?
Mosaic covenant?
New Covenant?

After you select one or more of the covenants above, I'll take that bet.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

Noahic covenant?
Abrahamic covenant?
Mosaic covenant?
New Covenant?

What if I choose the Davidic covenant?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Noahic covenant?
Abrahamic covenant?
Mosaic covenant?
New Covenant?

That's the Jeopardy format. There are questions worth various amounts of money won for answering correctly.

Actually, the answer is given first and the respondent must ask the correct corresponding question...

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
Dual-covenant theology is unique in holding that the Mosaic covenant remains valid for Jews while the New Covenant only applies to non-Jews or gentiles. (wiki)
Ahh...I only saw your first answer. Yes, I'm am familiar with that theology. Just didn't know the name. It's pretty convoluted stuff -- right down there with Dispensationalism.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
Dual-covenant theology is unique in holding that the Mosaic covenant remains valid for Jews while the New Covenant only applies to non-Jews or gentiles. (wiki)
Come to think if it, I heard it the other way around wherein messianic Jews believe the NC was made only with the House of Israel and the Old somehow applies to Gentiles. That's even more bizarre.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
I don't want to read past what it says.
That is wise, otherwise you would be reading into the passage what is not there.

The personal pronoun "whom" actually says it all. God [fore]knew people in eternity. That is to say, that He had intimate, personal, loving, familial kind of knowledge of them. (And this stands in sharp contrast to what Jesus said about the non-elect in Mat 7:21-23.) Yet, many Christians interpret the passage to mean God gazed through his cosmic crystal ball, as it were, and foresaw their faith and repentance, and so based on this knowledge he predestined them to be saved. God's choice of them was contingent on their prior choice of Him. But this is a totally unbiblical view, for it reduces our salvation to a quid pro quo arrangement between God and us, instead of what it really is: a unilateral, supernatural act of God.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
So that could only mean, given the three aforementioned enemies of your soul, that prior to your conversion you were free from doing God's will but free to do the will of your [spiritual] father at that time!

2 Cor 4:4
4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
NIV

Seems to me that unbelievers in this world are as helpless and hopeless and powerless as the fallen man in my Free Will Analogy. Yet, you deny this?
When you reply, you mention things I never said. This is why I handle you the way I do because you put words into people's mouth they have never said.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Oh...so now you move the goal posts!? You exited your mother's womb serving God, did you? You were never in Adam? Your unholy, profane, godless, corrupt, deceitful heart, which is the seat of all your faculties, had the awesome power to overcome the World, the Flesh and the Devil? You're quite the Superman, especially since you did things that God Almighty himself cannot do!
Another example of putting words into people's mouth they never said. NOWHERE did I say I exited my mothers womb as a saved/serving God kind of person, NOWHERE!

Mar 4, 2024
for the Unjust/Nonelect/Unsaved whose names are not written in The Book of Life?

Revelation 21:27
There shall not enter into it any thing defiled, or that worketh abomination or maketh a lie, but they that are written in the book of life of the Lamb
Jesus died for EVERYONE. God has given us free will to make the choice to accept His salvation gift or reject it. If you accept it, you are no longer defiled, you are born again. That is when your name enters the Lamb's Book of Life.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
When you reply, you mention things I never said. This is why I handle you the way I do because you put words into people's mouth they have never said.
I didn't put words in your mouth. I simply drew conclusions from what you said and from what scripture teaches. You essentially claimed that you came into this world serving God at a young age. The only thing I can logically infer, then, from such a stupendous and bold claim is that you must have differed from natural man [who is in Adam] -- free from the power of the World, the Flesh and the Devil. And that this is why you can't see yourself spiritually as that helpless, powerless, hopeless man on the side of the road who desperately needed to be rescued. From what did you need to be rescued?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I didn't put words in your mouth. I simply drew conclusions from what you said and from what scripture teaches. You essentially claimed that you came into this world serving God at a young age. The only thing I can logically infer, then, from such a stupendous and bold claim is that you must have differed from natural man [who is in Adam] -- free from the power of the World, the Flesh and the Devil. And that this is why you can't see yourself spiritually as that helpless, powerless, hopeless man on the side of the road who desperately needed to be rescued. From what did you need to be rescued?
When a married couple in a church have a baby and the married couple keep attending church that baby is also attending church. It won't be old enough to understand for another 4 to 5 years but they're in church hearing about God. And when they're old enough to understand, they only know about Jesus because they have not been old enough to learn anything else. And they naturally accept Jesus because it is all they know. Happens in every church or synagogue in the world.