Did Jesus Die on The Cross for The Just/Elect/Saved Whose Names Are Written in The Book of Life OR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
What is wrong @rogerg do you agree with what SS used to say??? That anyone of their own "free will" can choose to believe and then they become one of the elect?
Aww.. You still don’t understand. Anyone who chooses Jesus IS elect. When a person accepts Jesus as their personal Savior, guess what? … they have just made a choice. Why? An Elect person will always accept the Gospel when they hear it.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
I'm saying what you call good, God calls evil. And I explained why.
And I explained why you are wrong. The good part of a bad apple are still good. The good parts of a bad person are still good. Only God is good. He alone has only good parts.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Aww.. You still don’t understand. Anyone who chooses Jesus IS elect. When a person accepts Jesus as their personal Savior, guess what they have just made a choice. Why? An Elect person will always accept the Gospel when they hear it.
More deceptive pretenses from you as that is not what you had been saying. You had put forward a number of times that someone who had not been chosen by God for salvation could choose of their own free will to believe and then they would become elect retroactively. That is why a thread was made on it, because what you were saying was so out there and unbiblical! If all the push back you got on your erroneous position has caused you to rethink it and align it more with what is true, then good for you, but at the same time you should stop pretending that it was me that did not understand. Your lack of honesty in this regard is appalling.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
WORDS of JESUS

16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved

Can't be saved first must believe first.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Thanks for clarification.
It's the we must that I disagree with. It is God who initiates salvation. He sends the preacher, He gives the message, and He circumcises the heart. What we do is our endeavor...our work.
The greek word ergon means effort. Putting faith in Jesus is not effort. It is a surrender. You are confusing doing (Greek poieO) and work (Greek poiEma) with working (Greek ergazO) and work (Greek ergon). We do faith. We don't work faith.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
No, I do not believe that. I think that to believe is a gift that comes from salvation but does not lead to salvation.
Take Saul/Paul for example.
Sorry not recalling who SS is? To be able to believe, one must first be a sheep of Christ's. No one can make that of themselves.
Christ's sheep are only the elect.
You put a thumbs down on my post addressed to SS. I simply wondered why... perhaps you are unaware of what she was saying and why a whole thread was made about her unbiblical beliefs around election and being chosen. Beliefs she now pretends she never held and instead acts as if anyone who calls her out on it is the one that didn't understand. The level of dishonesty is almost shocking.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
PaulThomson said:
You are falling for the negative inference fallacy again. Without faith it is impossible to please God, does not imply that all those who do not please God have no faith.

Without sight it is impossible to read this text, does not mean that all people who cannot read this text have no sight.

So people can please God apart from faith? No they can't. Otherwise, why do the just walk by faith?
Good grief. Can you not read and understand English? Where in that post you responded to did I say that people can please God apart from faith?

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
You put a thumbs down on my post addressed to SS. I simply wondered why... perhaps you are unaware of what she was saying and why a whole thread was made about her unbiblical beliefs around election and being chosen. Beliefs she now pretends she never held and instead acts as if anyone who calls her out on it is the one that didn't understand. The level of dishonesty is almost shocking.
I thumbs-down because I agreed with her post - the one that you responded to. From what I can tell, for the most part, unless I am missing something, I pretty much agree with her POV across the board.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
More deceptive pretenses from you as that is not what you had been saying. You had put forward a number of times that someone who had not been chosen by God for salvation could choose of their own free will to believe and then they would become elect retroactively. That is why a thread was made on it, because what you were saying was so out there and unbiblical! If all the push back you got on your erroneous position has caused you to rethink it and align it more with what is true, then good for you, but at the same time you should stop pretending that it was me that did not understand. Your lack of honesty in this regard is appalling.
my, my, my. what anger you display.

Listen. No one can possibly know whether or not they are Elect, but “if you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ you are elect. If you will cast yourself on Jesus, you are elect.“ —Spurgeon

selahsays

May 31, 2023
You ain’t being honest. You just never have been able to understand what I have tried to say to you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You ain’t being honest. You just never have been able to understand what I have tried to say to you.
Like your lack of honesty in stopping your communications with me... I understood very well what you were saying and I tried to help you see where you were in error... But like I said, if you no longer hold those unbiblical beliefs, good for you! However it doesn't change the fact that you keep trying to pretend that it is me who doesn't understand... And your false accusation that I am against Biblical election ... you still haven't provided proof for that... Nor will you be able to.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Like your lack of honesty in stopping your communications with me... I understood very well what you were saying and I tried to help you see where you were in error... But like I said, if you no longer hold those unbiblical beliefs, good for you!
Ah well… you’re just being stubborn….whatever floats your boat. :)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
How quickly did the repair take place?

By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks. (Heb. 11:4 NKJ)
It started with Adam and Eve. God shed the blood of an animal and covered them with the animal's skin, signifying the blood of Christ and the covering of His righteousness.

The Bible isn't the history of the world, though it contains some of it. The Bible is the history of redemption.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Do you believe in the doctrine of election and predestination at all, @Magenta. It IS biblical. I hope you know that. Like it or not…

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

- Romans 8:28-39 (NKJV)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I thumbs-down because I agreed with her post - the one that you responded to. From what I can tell, for the most part, unless I am missing something, I pretty much agree with her POV across the board.
If she has changed her position, that is good because it was completely unbiblical to begin with. And that is why a whole thread was made on it... did you miss that too? It wasn't that long ago. I could find it for you if you like...

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I think you are still getting knee-jerk reactions... The words evil and depraved really seem to trigger people...
It triggers their unbiblical understanding to the point they don't carefully read the explanations. Some really good stuff being shared. It's unfortunate it's not received.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It triggers their unbiblical understanding to the point they don't carefully read the explanations. Some really good stuff being shared. It's unfortunate it's not received.
Reminds me of the saying about confusing people with facts when their mind is already made up...

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
If she has changed her position, that is good because it was completely unbiblical to begin with. And that is why a whole thread was made on it... did you miss that too? It wasn't that long ago. I could find it for you if you like...
Is it unbiblical now?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Is it unbiblical now?
There is some waffling going on mixed in with so much dishonesty it is hard to tell.
Sometimes it seems yes and other times no. It would be much better if she just came
clean but that is obviously not going to happen.

The 'ELECT' vs 'Free-Choice' - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums

^ That is the thread that was made about people using "free will" to believe even if they are not elect.
It was put forward that those not chosen can decide for themself and then they become elect.