Did Jesus Die on The Cross for The Just/Elect/Saved Whose Names Are Written in The Book of Life OR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Acts 22:14 Then he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know
His will, to see the Righteous One, and to hear the sound of His voice.

That's a pretty good proof text for the convo regarding God making it possible,
and making the first move... and creating the divine appointment.

There are some "appointed" verses from Jonah as well:

Jonah 1:17 Now the Lord had appointed a huge fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the fish three days and three nights.

Jonah 4:6-8 Then the LORD God appointed a plant, and it grew up to provide shade over Jonah’s head to ease his
discomfort. Jonah was greatly pleased with the plant. When dawn came the next day, God appointed a worm that
attacked the plant, and it withered. As the sun was rising, God appointed a scorching east wind. The sun beat down
so much on Jonah’s head that he almost fainted, and he wanted to die. He said, “It’s better for me to die than to live.”
Any time you get an idea to give food or say to someone Jesus loves you, you are definitely making a decision to follow God's Will.
Which is a Divine Appointment.
Because God is telling you this in your thoughts.

But if we don't buy food or tell them Jesus loves them we have cancelled both God's Will and the Divine Appointment.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Any time you get an idea to give food or say to someone Jesus loves you, you are definitely making a decision to follow God's Will.
Which is a Divine Appointment.
Because God is telling you this in your thoughts.

But if we don't buy food or tell them Jesus loves them we have cancelled both God's Will and the Divine Appointment.
I do understand what you are saying. I just don't agree that your participation means you created the appointment.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Agreed. But then wouldn't it be forgiven too?
God is "I AM." It is our PRESENT state that determines our relationship with God. If I am NOT BELIEVING GOD in the now, I am not in a right relationship with Him NOW, no matter whether I believed Him yesterday. All our past sins can be forgiven, but if we are PRESENTLY in unbelief, WE have separated OURSELVES from God in the PRESENT. How can we be pleasing God in the present, if we are not trusting Him in the present, since "without faith it is impossible to please Him." How can we be coming to God in the PRESENT, if we are not believing Him in the PRESENT, because "He who is coming to God must be believing that He is and is a rewarder of those who are diligently seeking Him."

Too many are trying to assure themselves that their FUTURE security will be based on their some PAST experiences and actions, so that what they ARE in the PRESENT doesn't affect their relationship with God from here on in. But in fact their relationship with I AM is only real in the PRESENT.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
This emblem was created by the first Christians around 40-50 AD
Seems like the perfect ring to have

Silver 925 Ring Messianic Star Of David, Menorah, Fish Symbol Of Messianic Vintage Thick Ring From Israel

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
one has the mind of Christ because they believed.
No. Having an innate faculty of faith enables us to believe. Learning about God's existence through the evidence of creation enables faith in God's existence. Learning about Christ through hearing the gospel enables faith in Christ.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
My goodness! A letter written to a certain people of a certain culture at a certain time of history is not meant to be understood by those people? And later people in different cultures don't have to take into account when the letter is written and to whom?

You've just destroyed hermeneutics.

shhhh!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It just came to mind as I was preparing a cup of coffee to assuage this migraine developing
I hope your migraine has passed... some people get migraines from coffee, and for others coffee
will take the headache away. Coffee is funny that way, but migraines are no laughing matter...

Imma go for coffee now...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes in regard to understanding and believing the things spoken of in 1Cor2.
Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who comes from God,
so that we may understand what has been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12

Looks like God enabling and moving first, once again .:D

1 Corinthians 2:12 + 14
:)

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I hope your migraine has passed... some people get migraines from coffee, and for others coffee
will take the headache away. Coffee is funny that way, but migraines are no laughing matter...
a third of a cup remains and the migraine has abated enough for me to comfortably head into work. Blech :pGood Day luvies!

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who comes from God,
so that we may understand what has been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12

Does God moving FIRST toward achieve some purpose mean that every purpose of God makes a First move towards must be fulfilled, even if the people involved in achieving that purpose do not agree to cooperate with God in that purpose?

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Does God moving FIRST toward achieve some purpose mean that every purpose of God makes a First move towards must be fulfilled, even if the people involved in achieving that purpose do not agree to cooperate with God in that purpose?
brings to mind Jonah

this business of God basically forcing His will on people is bogus. His actual will, once a person becomes a believer, is for that same believer to be conformed to the image of Christ

how many believers are on the way for that to happen in their lives? I would say getting fewer all the time in this age of me, myself and I. There is not some hard to imagine or expectation on the part of God for our lives. He wants us to be like His Son; he does not force us to be like His Son. Jesus is called the Firstborn of many for a reason. We, are supposed to be the many.

Our minds are renewed to enable that transformation by the word He has given us. He does not force us to listen....just check out the OT prophets with their pleadings to apostate Israel for truth there.

Further, how many 'believers' reject the admoniton to be filled with the Holy Spirit? A ridiculous number of people think its' a one and done but that is not what scripture says.

Ephesians5:18 Do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit

HEADS UP ON THIS ONE: The Greek word for 'be filled' is in the continuous present tense...what Paul is really saying here, is BE CONTINUALLY FILLED. This is also an imperative, meaning it is a command.

So then, we are the ones who are to obey that command. God is not forcing us in some way to be continually filled and it does not mean a continuation of when you were first saved.

If only people would actually pay attention to actual scripture and the actual meaning, much of this fruitless discussion could be avoided. God does not, as seen plainly in Ephesians, force His Spirit on us or continually fill us. Much like Paul speaking to Timothy, we must exercise or 'stir up' the gifts(s) we have that have been given by the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is also a gift to us to maintain our life in Christ and to encourage and help among other things

Of course if you choose to deny that is still in effect, then you have totally denied the command to be filled on a continual basis. Your relationship with God will grow stagnant and you will depend on doctrine for what you believe. You will not be continually being filled with anything other than man's interpretation of the word...sometimes correct and sometimes not

I am not addressing this all to you personally Paul, but to everyone and just latched on to your post.

studier

Apr 18, 2024

Funny how the Calvin advocates thumbs-up this section of Scripture that doesn't support the Calvinist model.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
No. Having an innate faculty of faith enables us to believe. Learning about God's existence through the evidence of creation enables faith in God's existence. Learning about Christ through hearing the gospel enables faith in Christ.

Why are you saying "no?"

Seems to me @CS1 is stating the mind of Christ follows the act of faith and being regenerated from above.

Rufus

Feb 17, 2024
What scripture says is that those who are perishing consider the gospel foolishness, and those who are being saved consider it the power of God. When someone begins to understand the gospel, they stop their movement downward into the murky waters that descend into complete destruction and begin to ascend towards the clear waters of salvation. You can be falling at any depth within the toxic disintegrating sludge of destruction when you start to reverse course and move toward the light coming from above through the clear waters of salvation. At that point, you become one who is "being saved". Being saved is not the same as fully saved. "Being saved" is "being in the process of becoming saved."

The difference between those who are sinking and perishing and those who are moving away from destruction toward the light, is that the sinking/perishing do not believe God loves them, but those aspiring upward and Godward have begun to recognise the love of God for sinners demonstrated in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Why are some of those perishing changing their minds about God, but others who are perishing are not? Those who change began to honestly assess their situation and realise it is dysfunctional and they begin to turn from that darkness in disgust. That shift of focus away from the dark depths below is automatically a refocus towards the lighter waters above, and that looks more attractive and hopeful than the slimy brackish hopeless darkness into which they had been descending.
All born again Christians are in the PROCESS of being saved since the GOAL of God's great salvation is Glorification, which is WHEN our salvation will be consummated.

Feb 10, 2024
Matthew 24 is a hint that can be used to find the people whom Jesus redeemed. He talks about the gospel being taught to all the nations throughout the world as a witness and then the temple would be thrown down.

Paul affirmed that this was accomplished:

“For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world
; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:”
“ If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;”
Colassians 1:5,6,23

The “whole world” consisted of where the scattered Israelites resided at the time the NT epistles were written which is the context we are to read the scriptures, not twisting them to fit our current world view.

Jesus made it clear where the gospel was to be preached for his ministry to be accomplished then He would destroy the temple as punishment and as a sign to the world going forward.

Every apostle made it clear to whom their apostles were written ALL where those of the Elect of God, israelites according to the flesh

“Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who are elect exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood”:
1 Peter 1:1,2

“James, a servant[a] of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion:”
James 1:1

The Spirit forbade the apostles to take the gospel to those it was not prepared for:

“Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Ghost to preach the Word in Asia.”
Acts 16:6

Take a map and plot where the gospel was preached and established, there you will find the elect of God. Adamic man was to be granted eternal life and it was prophesied in Genesis 9 :
“May God extend Japheth’s territory; may Japheth live in the tents of Shem, and may Canaan be the slave of Japheth.”
The scattered Israelites consumed the territories of Japheth fulfilling Gods promise to Adamic man which has spread out since the gospel was preached. God has blessed them wherever they have gone. Compare that to what Jesus referred to as the “goat nations” which is every nation who has rejected christianity. They have been accursed since 33AD and the only reason they all aren’t living in the dark ages still is because Gods Elect have shared their innovation and blessings yet they are still accursed until the end when they overtake the house of Jacob prompting the coming of our King to rescue his people.

Also, Canaan has been the slave everywhere they have been taken as Genesis 9 prophesied.

If the bible is read correctly, in context, you can interpret the world around you and see the mighty works of our God fulfilling all that He declared through the prophets but this is obviously not popular to the schemes of and the children of darkness so they have infiltrated the churches and since the early 1800’s have caused the falling away of all of christendom.