Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
Abraham did a lot more than just believe. Have you read Genesis. This is what it says of Abraham.

4 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed,
5 because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."
Gen 26

Now if you want to say, no Abraham only believed and did not obey or follow Gods ways then one
is not reading the text. What God is declaring is obedience does not make us righteous, but our
faith, and because of our faith or relationship we obey.

David equally obeyed Gods commands and rejoiced in doing righteous things, dwelling on them
constantly

8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
Psalm 19

God loved David because He understood faith and obedience alongside repentance and grace.
Interesting point about David. From my exchange with Crossnote in this forum, I realized one difference between how readers differ in their interpretion what Paul quoted about King David in Romans 4

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

I think those who lean more towards Covenant Theology, the belief that everyone since Adam was saved by grace thru faith in Jesus, would interpret this as David talking about himself too. Thus, to them, there is no difference between us now, and King David then.

While those who lean more towards dispensationalism, will read the scriptures and conclude "David and Bathsheba first son was actually killed by God (2 Sam 12:14-15). That is what the Bible literally says.

I can imagine that throughout the entire time when that Son was sick but not dead yet, David must have sacrifice lots and lots of animals and praying that he would be well. Yet, it was all to no effect. Thus, it does not make sense to interpret that David was talking about himself. His sin was imputed to him, no matter how many animals he sacrificed.

Thus, it is more likely that, in this passage, David was talking about all of us now, in the grace dispensation. He envied us because he saw that we are under the blood of Jesus which was so much more powerful than the blood of bulls and goats, that even when we sin after we have faith in Jesus, God will not impute that sin to us.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
You've? That is as far as I got. Have a nice day.

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (word; the law) down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (word; the law) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (through Christ) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
(Rom 10:6-8 KJV)
((fixed by removing your interjected additions to the scripture))
You fixed nothing. It is called notes; commentary not additions.

The word in verse 8 and Christ in verses 7 and 6 are being used synonymously. The word equals Christ because it is of and through Christ.

Christ, the word in the heart and mouth, that is, (In other words) what was just stated Christ, the word in the heart and mouth is the word of faith in which we preach.

What is the word of Faith in which we preach? Christ, through which the word is in the heart and mouth.

What is even more interesting is Romans 10:6-8 is a paraphrase of Deut 30: 11-14. Those who received this letter would of known this and made another connection as they compared the two.

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
(Deu 30:6 KJV)

If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. For this commandment which I command thee this day (to hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law), it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? But the word (his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law) is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
(Deu 30:10-14 KJV)

They would have noticed the word, the commandment and statutes written in the book of the Law are the same word mentioned in Romans in which and through Christ has been placed in the heart and mouth.

What is even more Interesting is the prophecy in Deut 30:10-14 is being spoken in the presence tense. So the Gift of Christ in the Heart, through which His word, his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law are in the heart and mouth was available at the beginning of Moses Ministry if not before.

Since Israel refused the gift. God through Jeremiah repeated it in other words as the New Covenant.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(Jer 31:33 KJV)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I see a problem here is peoples thinking.

Imagine I am in front of a river and the only way across is to swim. I am not sure I can swim so far
or strong enough to get to the other side. What is not known is it is safe and one will easily make
the other side, but the issue is trust and application.

A speaker appears on the bank and says to me the King on the other side will come and count me
as made it to the other side by just believing I can get there even though we know it is impossible.

Now the second statement maybe true, unless the actual reality is you can swim across.
Now how foolish does that person appear when the King comes to meet His people who swam
across and are saved, while those who stayed on the other side and listened to unbelievers are lost
and will perish.

God is this brutal, because this is our hope. Jesus, stepping out, walking in faith, putting love into
action, taking the hard road, becoming and being in Him. Amen.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
How brutal is Gods judgement?

Elisha said this to a group of people in a siege.

1 Elisha said, "Hear the word of the LORD. This is what the LORD says: About this time tomorrow, a seah of flour will sell for a shekel and two seahs of barley for a shekel at the gate of Samaria."
2 The officer on whose arm the king was leaning said to the man of God, "Look, even if the LORD should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?You will see it with your own eyes," answered Elisha, "but you will not eat any of it!"
2 Kings 7

17 Now the king had put the officer on whose arm he leaned in charge of the gate, and the people trampled him in the gateway, and he died, just as the man of God had foretold when the king came down to his house.
2 Kings 7

We are flowers in a field, fragile, vulnerable, guilty of sin and need of forgiveness and help.
Yet the sinful heart will easily cry out, "I will accept you forgiveness and grace, but will not
lift one finger to commit to following or obeying your ways."

What will such a King respond? Thank you for believing my words and doing nothing, I will
reward you with eternal life and entry into my presence.

No Jesus declares this.

30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
Matthew 25

We are not earning heaven, we are counting our Lord as worth and putting into effect His words
and living by His way because this is the way of life, truth, and love.

The way of passions and abandon leads only to death and destruction of all that we hold dear.
The clearest definition of passions gone wild is drug addiction which kills the addict because the
high they get becomes everything, and life is so boring and empty, all life becomes focused on the
passion at the cost of life itself. So with sex, power, greed, gluttony, fame, pride, slough, wrath, envy.
They all appear valuable, yet once they possess you, they rot ones soul and you become the very thing
one treasures, and when it goes, nothing is left.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Every believer has to be a dispensationalist to a degree, or else we must all be Jews.

For God to dwell in us as a Holy Temple, so we have access to the Father through the cross,
then we are the Kingdom of heaven on earth.

If we are the Kingdom of heaven upon earth we are empowered to overcome and to walk
as Gods people. Nothing is impossible because God is our Father, and we desire to do His will.

Our constraint is our hearts, its passions and learning how to respond appropriately to our impulses.
To know God is not to be without passion, but to know how in Christ we have an appropriate outlet
and to focus on the good that is in our lives and His blessings, and walk in these things.

The tension is we are in the world of temptation and possibilities, yet this is where truth, love and
responsibility reign as we see everything in its true context. Being in the world and not of it.

Brutal honesty about our failures, is hard, and to feel the pain and hurts and anguish that we bury,
to let anxiousness rise so we wimper, yet in Him, it passes and we overcome. Life is only on this
path of openness and honesty. The thief upon the cross, talking with Jesus. That is brutal yet
profound. I know many who have faced death, while dying, still hold on to the lies and delusions
that bound them from their youth.

Praise the Lord though our pain we find life, because He first took our sin and forgave us, so we can
face our own pain and receive His healing, Amen.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I consider it incredibly disrespectful for anyone to interject their own commentary in line into scripture.

Our words are misplaced when they are interrupting God's.

May 1, 2019

The word in verse 8 and Christ in verses 7 and 6 are being used synonymously. The word equals Christ because it is of and through Christ.

Christ, the word in the heart and mouth, that is, (In other words) what was just stated Christ, the word in the heart and mouth is the word of faith in which we preach.

What is the word of Faith in which we preach? Christ, through which the word is in the heart and mouth.

What is even more interesting is Romans 10:6-8 is a paraphrase of Deut 30: 11-14. Those who received this letter would of known this and made another connection as they compared the two.

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
(Deu 30:6 KJV)

If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. For this commandment which I command thee this day (to hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law), it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? But the word (his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law) is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
(Deu 30:10-14 KJV)

They would have noticed the word, the commandment and statutes written in the book of the Law are the same word mentioned in Romans in which and through Christ has been placed in the heart and mouth.

What is even more Interesting is the prophecy in Deut 30:10-14 is being spoken in the presence tense. So the Gift of Christ in the Heart, through which His word, his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law are in the heart and mouth was available at the beginning of Moses Ministry if not before.

Since Israel refused the gift. God through Jeremiah repeated it in other words as the New Covenant.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(Jer 31:33 KJV)

What is at work here from what I see is this; and it starts with most of us in agreement; The Law was offered to the Israelites at Mt Saini, but they refused to receive it from the Spirit/Mouth of God so they requested a mediator, Moses. The chose the letter over the Spirit.

Exo 20:18-21 KJV And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. (19) And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die. (20) And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not. (21) And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

So when God spoke "The Law" directly to Moses, not only did He hear the words, but he received the Spirit that accompanied it when God gives it directly. Moses was now officially Israels only "Priest"!

Definition of priest. : one authorized to perform the sacred rites of a religion especially as a mediatory agent between humans and God specifically.

But as we read above all the people of Israel were to become a “kingdom of Priests,” not just a “kingdom with priests" and what made the difference was their refusal to "draw near to God"

So Moses was the only one until we read of the ordination of Aaron and his sons in Leviticus 9 and in vs 23-24 we read where once again the Glory of the Lord appears again, but then only the family of Aaron are added to those who are Priests with the Levites in their company.

Moses, speaks of His disappointment at the "Kingdom with priests" vs a "Kingdom of priests" in;

Num 11:29 KJV And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!

Moses knew first hand that the written Laws of God are insufficient to make men priests...to do this the letter of the Law must be accompanied by the Spirit of God.

When it comes right down to it it seems that Gods promise to Abraham that:

Gen_18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
Gen_22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
Gen_26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

This blessing was and is intended to be achieved through a nation which is made up exclusively of Priests! This Nation was and still is intended to be a righteous nation of Priests which will mediate Gods will/Laws to all the Nations of the world.

In some ways Western Nations are trying to do this in their own power now through missionary efforts, but God has so ordered that a nation or Kingdom of Priests will accomplish His ultimate government/Kingdom here on Earth.

Hence the Redemptive work of Jesus and the Regenerative work of Gods Holy Spirit within those He has been and is gathering to serve as initially offered to be His "Kingdom of Priests" These are one and the same as the "Sons of God" that all creation is groaning to have revealed as they will be the ones who bring Gods "Order/Laws" to a world in chaos!!

Rom 8:14 KJV For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom 8:19 KJV For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Think New Jerusalem!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

Please pay attention.

Romans 10:5-7
For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. But the righteousness based on faith says, "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down) or "'Who will descend into the abyss?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

We are explicitly NOT talking about the Law.
The word being preached here is specifically CONTRASTED against the Law.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Have you ever asked God to write His laws on your heart?

how about we do the works of God? Jesus said that those works are to believe in the One he sent.

I think I will just keep doing that.

but, you just keep worshiping the Law of Moses an the Jewish Sabbath. that will save you......

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:5 For if we have planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, Who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
New nature leading, sets us free from the claims of the law
Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
the old nature
Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
New nature fulfils the righteousness requirements of the law
Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
the carnal mind is death, the spiritual mind is life
Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Romans 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
We live unto God, we are led by The Holy Spirit
Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
if the deeds of the body you put to death
Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For I reckon the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Revelation 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Revelation 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Revelation 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name

Revelation 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

I've been working in the Bible all the live long day, I've been working in the Bible just to take the pain away, Can't you heard the Lord a calling, Callin out you name, Rise up early in the morning, Gonna go and start my day!!!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I consider it incredibly disrespectful for anyone to interject their own commentary in line into scripture.

Our words are misplaced when they are interrupting God's.
I have to be honest, putting a comment beside a word to get the context the commentator is taking
this word to mean, is clear and powerful. As the reader you may not agree with the emphasis or interpretation,
but it makes clear how they read it, and helps if one wants to put a different emphasis.

I have had people do this to me, claiming I view certain words one way, which they do not like.
It was helpful as a point, except they were wrong.

Jesus is the law in a real sense, because He never broke it, and lived by it.
Jesus is Gods spoken word and so is the law, they are one and the same, eternal and never changing.
One should comprehend what this actually means because it is profound.

The temple, celebrations, sacrifices where the shadow, where Jesus is the fulfilment and its true focus.

Putting the words (the word, the law) beside Jesus are amplifying the truth of what He actually is.
When we read Gods word, all the cross referencing and meaning should be playing in our heads, and then
we will begin to see the vastness of what God is declaring, Praise His Holy Name, Amen.

E

eternally-gratefull

Well then, I guess we can do whatever we want, no law, no sin, since sin is transgression of the law. No sin, then I guess we won't die, because didn't sin bring death into the world? Then we must be eternal, guess that makes us god, because doesn't scripture say only He is eternal? Wow, we're little gods, deciding what is right and wrong. wow.
More slander. Do you people ver get sick of this stuff?

Is it to much for you to ONCE stop and try to understand what we believe? Or does it always have to come with lies and attacks.?

Sin is transgressin of the law AND SO MUCH MORE

The MORE part is what the pharisee never comprehended. And what modern day lawyers do not comprehend, which allows them to EXCUSE their sin while judging others.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
The issue was the entire law;) .... the gentiles were not given the law
We are under the law of the Spirit. This is the law of love. But this law is written on our hearts and our
minds. It is something that is eternal and will never fade.

When Paul talks about being under the law, he is talking about the law of Moses and all the temple
and ceremonial and food regulations, which related to the people of Israel. We are not bound by this.
In Jesus we have its fulfilment and live by the law of Spirit.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Has anypne ever answered how the moral code makes us more christlike?
Yes, but unfortunately with all the ignore list you have, you will maybe never see it, lol :)
But then maybe this bring clarity to the idea of being wilfully blind and not able to handle other
perspectives to the degree one has to actually blank them all out :coffee:

No matter how hard the challenge, the approach of Jesus is always to take it head on, because the truth
matters.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Please pay attention.

Romans 10:5-7
For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. But the righteousness based on faith says, "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down) or "'Who will descend into the abyss?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

We are explicitly NOT talking about the Law.
The word being preached here is specifically CONTRASTED against the Law.
Please pay attention:

The law is holy, righteous and good, given by God, for us to follow.
Righteousness before the Lord is based on faith not obedience, ie knowing Jesus and loving Him is our foundation,
out of which comes obedience.

They both must be present, but it is our relationship which is the spring from which everything else blooms.
Those who think the law is wrong and just about condemnation have not yet begun to love as God loves.

One person said in response to this truth, how dare you suggest you could ever love like God loves.
But in this is both the answer and its rejection. We love as God loves because it is His love given to us which
we dwell on and reflect back that which He has put there. Secondly to suggest a believer does not know Gods
love or is able to share it, demonstrates this love does not dwell in their hearts.

From a young age in the Lord, I have wanted above all to communicate and share this fantastic love that transcends
everything else, but am so constrained by words, time and experience. But once this love has captured your heart
it flows with abandon, day in day out, like a stream of living water, Thank you Jesus.

May 1, 2019
I have to be honest, putting a comment beside a word to get the context the commentator is taking
this word to mean, is clear and powerful. As the reader you may not agree with the emphasis or interpretation,
but it makes clear how they read it, and helps if one wants to put a different emphasis.

I have had people do this to me, claiming I view certain words one way, which they do not like.
It was helpful as a point, except they were wrong.

Jesus is the law in a real sense, because He never broke it, and lived by it.
Jesus is Gods spoken word and so is the law, they are one and the same, eternal and never changing.
One should comprehend what this actually means because it is profound.

The temple, celebrations, sacrifices where the shadow, where Jesus is the fulfilment and its true focus.

Putting the words (the word, the law) beside Jesus are amplifying the truth of what He actually is.
When we read Gods word, all the cross referencing and meaning should be playing in our heads, and then
we will begin to see the vastness of what God is declaring, Praise His Holy Name, Amen.

Well put!

And I like to point out my favorite verse;

Joh 14:21 KJV He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jesus clarifies that any attempt to "Love" him must be through "Knowing" and "keeping" His commandments. Is this not Jesus Himself declaring that My Commandments are ME! To love my commandments is to Love Me! Like you reminded us He is the "Logos" of God! Or the intent/character/will of God put into words!

Joh 1:1 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

E

eternally-gratefull

When the books are opened...when we are judged...you imply there is no standard .you skipped this

How so? You can't have it both ways, either the law is valid or it is not valid.
Yep

And you better not have one sin, Because thats the standard. Break one command, your guilty of the whole law James says.. If your going to heaven thinking you will be innocent based on how well you obey the law. You will be very sad at the outcome.