Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
ps Upgraded and doomed by a belief God has transformed them with nothing else to do.

If you are upgraded, how can you repent of something not your fault, or even change your
behaviour. Feeling any conviction is wrong, unbelief that you are this upgraded spirit,
and only from the devil.

Now some try and believe in scripture and the upgrade and marry the two.
So they will talk fruit, actions, etc. but it is all irrelevant because one is already this perfect
being.

Now another level down is a new spirit, that is immature, and grows, except it cannot die.
Still no ownership of actions or repentance, just realisation of who we really are.

Finally reality. We are born into the Kingdom, born of a living God with faith, love and hope
alive while we walk the path and have faith in Him. As a living being, we grow and develop
and grow in Him day in day out.

Now I have no clue where anyone is, it is their choice. But to condemn love and walking in
Jesus's ways and believing we can be pure, holy, cleansed, purified is just unbelief and shows
the state of the hearts that hold this position. God bless you all, the Lord is good and dwells
with His people, even when we find it hard to realise.

E

eternally-gratefull

Resolution of sin

Does not the law and the prophets and the gospels tell us that resolution is the cross?

Does it not also tell us it is our forgiveness gods grace and mercy his unfailing love that teaches us to love and want to be like him?

Pharisees puff their chest praising god they are not like us

We hate god and his commands and love sin

Yet who did Jesus day went home justified? The Pharisee or the sinner who was led by the law and fell to his knees calling out to god for mercy because we saw our desperate situation and death?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Some appear to wonder how anyone can believe in Jesus, know His truths and reality and not agree
with these upgrade believers.

In their mind if you have been upgraded you will automatically agree and believe as they do.
The world is only liars, hypocrites, evil sinners and the upgraded.

So one cannot be upgraded and disagreeing.
Unless ofcourse the model is actually wrong. And Jesus can and does change the heart in an
eternal dynamic way, and the gospel of Jesus is a lot more complex and diverse than they can
imagine.

Oct 31, 2015
I'm not a law-keeper, but I still haven't found a single piece of evidence -- in the Gospels -- that Jesus ever told us to stop keeping the Law. Should we rely solely on what Paul said?

Do you understand that the law of Moses was mainly about sacrificing animals for sins?

Why would Jesus tell the Church to sacrifice animals?

May 1, 2019
There is a true benefit here. Another member "Guojing" wisely stated that with all of the lies and slander on here this is still an opportunity to learn and grow.

He is correct. I had no idea just how sinister "Easy Grace" or "Hyper Grace" truly was until I had my opportunity to interact with its proponents here. This experience has served me well to reflect on the margin areas and the extremes. What I mean is this; without my exposure to these radical ideas I had my own definition of where I stood in my commitment to my Saviors ways and commandments. Once I was exposed to a radical doctrine of "Let God do it All" and do not "try" to do any "works" or any "obedience" because not only is that "impossible" but "no flesh shall glory" in their efforts! I began to dig deeper into what I already knew was true, which was the opposite! In this digging I found clearer understanding of what the Holy Spirit had already been opening up to me, but I found new convictions to do even more to serve the will of God and Jesus!

I recognize the blessings of looking for more opportunities to serve our brethren. Yes works, AND memorize more commandments. Trust me when I testify to my experiences; when a man memorized scripture, He stores part of Gods character in his mind! This stored character is used mightily by the Holy Spirit to speak to us! These Hyper Grace types have failed to recognize how all these experiences develop meekness and humility which I recognize I still have such a long way to go on.

So, when it comes to the fray, use these affronts to the truth and insults to your character to press into the character and will of God and to develop a clearer understanding of the blessedness making significant sacrifices for each other especially those in need and for His Kingdom.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
There is a true benefit here. Another member "Guojing" wisely stated that with all of the lies and slander on here this is still an opportunity to learn and grow.

He is correct. I had no idea just how sinister "Easy Grace" or "Hyper Grace" truly was until I had my opportunity to interact with its proponents here. This experience has served me well to reflect on the margin areas and the extremes. What I mean is this; without my exposure to these radical ideas I had my own definition of where I stood in my commitment to my Saviors ways and commandments. Once I was exposed to a radical doctrine of "Let God do it All" and do not "try" to do any "works" or any "obedience" because not only is that "impossible" but "no flesh shall glory" in their efforts! I began to dig deeper into what I already knew was true, which was the opposite! In this digging I found clearer understanding of what the Holy Spirit had already been opening up to me, but I found new convictions to do even more to serve the will of God and Jesus!

I recognize the blessings of looking for more opportunities to serve our brethren. Yes works, AND memorize more commandments. Trust me when I testify to my experiences; when a man memorized scripture, He stores part of Gods character in his mind! This stored character is used mightily by the Holy Spirit to speak to us! These Hyper Grace types have failed to recognize how all these experiences develop meekness and humility which I recognize I still have such a long way to go on.

So, when it comes to the fray, use these affronts to the truth and insults to your character to press into the character and will of God and to develop a clearer understanding of the blessedness making significant sacrifices for each other especially those in need and for His Kingdom.

Amen! God is awesome! This is the very thing the Lord pulled me aside to say search and pray and make your stand steadfast! Praise to Jesus!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The real problem with these guys is no resolution of sin, but easily overlooked,
is the upgrade perfect mature spirit they now have.

I mean with this, nothing else matters. Go fishing, diving surfing in Australia, indonesia,
own islands in the sun, relax and take it easy anywhere you like, there is nothing to do
or share, it is all settled and no problems coming down the road.

You cannot do anything about the flesh, it is the burden you have to carry until God
just removes it. Be righteous if you want, you can never achieve it, it is just a hypocritical
farce, pushed by legalists and the deceived, who we will fight tooth and nail to expose their
lies and deception that keeps people doomed to hell.

Jesus calls us to walk the path of righteousness and love, to challenge us at every level
and to find communion and fellowship in Him, alive and praising every day of our lives.
We are called to service and called to see needs and meet them, wherever we find them.
These self indulgent self justifiers deserve their fate, blind and lost they will never find
a way out, which is sad but also something they choose to follow.
What, exactly, is causing you to be righteous?

Is it because you walk sinlessly according to the law?

Or is it because you trust that the Lord Jesus MAKES you righteous?

What exactly have YOU achieved? I see what you are mocking. But you obviously do NOT understand it.

1 Timothy 1:5-7
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

I post scripture that I think is abundantly obvious as to what it means. But I find out that legalists don't understand scripture. They don't want to.

All they want to do is bolster each others work at the law and their supposed "righteousness" that they have achieved from their "obedience".

Romans 9:30-33
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

How come you can't understand this scripture?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
That's your own imagination coming up with excuses for you to work at the law in your own will and strength instead of coming to Christ and receiving rest.

How do I know that? Because I know that you know scripture.

Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Was this in reference to the Talmud? No. None of those references that you just referenced were to the Talmud. They were to the Law of Moses.

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

No Christian would EVER be in danger of going to the Talmud to try and do what the Talmud says. But it would be pretty easy to convince a Christian who didn't know any better that they should go back to the Torah and do what it says. For Holiness or obedience or whatever excuses the legalist tries to come up with. I've lost track of them all.

It took Peter and Paul and the other disciples a lot of arguing to convince Christians that they weren't under the law of Moses.

I don't think anyone needs any convincing that they aren't under the Talmud.
From the context of Acts 15:10, I agree that Peter is referring to fathers, meaning going all the way back to Israel in the wilderness. If Peter had put in a limiter, such as
recent fathers
That would be different, but just saying
fathers
And knowing isreal's history, to me it's clear that he's talking about his ancestors going all the way back.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

2 Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Legalists love that scripture. Especially the version that says 'error of the lawless' instead of 'error of the wicked'.

But they don't know what the error of the wicked is. They don't know what the error of the lawless is.

They assume because they work at the law that makes them 'law-keepers'. Its funny playing along with the imagination of a kindergartener. It starts being something else once a person is grown. Maybe still funny but not the innocent kind of funny.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

That is Peters solution for being led away with the error of the wicked. The error of the lawless.

But legalists don't ever talk about that. All they talk about is following the law. Is it because they have fallen from grace and don't want to be reminded? So they mock grace calling grace offensive words so maybe other people will stay away from it too.

Grace seems to be the legalists kryptonite. It shouldn't be if they were REALLY serious about keeping Gods Law.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

I would normally say good luck but I don't like it when people make fun of Grace. Whether they understand it or not.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

What exactly have YOU achieved? I see what you are mocking. But you obviously do NOT understand it.

5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

I post scripture that I think is abundantly obvious as to what it means. But I find out that legalists don't understand scripture. They don't want to.

All they want to do is bolster each others work at the law and their supposed "righteousness" that they have achieved from their "obedience".

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Hi Grandpa,

Are you an upgraded spirit? Am I addressing an eternal who can never die or be condemned to the fire
because they are no longer mortal but immortal?

Scripture is plain. We are born by the Holy Spirit into the Kingdom of God, washed and cleansed
through repentance of our sins and faith in the Cross, to follow and walk in Jesus's ways.

Our righteousness is by working faith, which shows itself through good works, like the very good works
I am doing now. And I am not an eternal spirit, I am a saint in the Kingdom, indwelt by the Holy Spirit
destined to meet Jesus and enter the new Jerusalem with Him, is I stay true to the end.

Imagine if Jesus was offering the immortals on earth, He would have told them so.
But the problem is if you handed out immortal badges to everyone, how many would you have to take
back, and then be called a liar. And imagine the discouragement to not be given a badge when your
neighbour got one. This would create a future time paradox, you cannot reveal too much of the future
in the past because it will change the future so making it not possible.

It is funny is in a sense people want God to reveal to people with free will the future, when He cannot
because that will either change the future or remove free will.

What is also funny is I am mocking? You bet I am. I am among immortals, who claim so much but live
so little and then condemn those who listen to Jesus and follow. Maybe the immortals are actually
deluded and not immortal at all, but trying to excuse the very failures that should drive them to
repentance and faith in Jesus, but rather drive them to gnosticism.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I did not write this for "biblical" accuracy, which I am qualifying for those who "don't whatever the law" because if you make a mistake in presentation they jump all over you to make it right, but the ones who do follow the law would never say something it is just, so backwards. Anyways,

Some times when I get down on my knees and pray and I am repenting,

I do bring to mind the "laws", though none specifically, that went with the day of atonement. All the people involved, the rituals, how close you and everyone else was to God on that very day and what God was trying to teach us.
I think how my best and most loved and most precious animal was to be sacrificed for my sins. Break one, break them all. There wasn't no one going to say "no" on that day.

I think God was figuring out a way to just shake us and say "LOOK, it isn't that hard, acknowledge the love and the gifts you been given, acknowledge being good is and getting better is important to you. Love each other, like you had to spend eternity together and learn how to do it in peace. Choose life".

The term "wrangling" = engagement in a long, complicated dispute or arguments REALLY opened my eyes. I did that tiny study on Fruits of the Spirit and works of the flesh, it fell under one of the "works of the flesh".

I have since tried to limit my self to 3, when I discern it will not be productive, but have a new attitude, "I am not responding at all to the comments clearly made by someone not spirit led", well, maybe but a few, but I am at aware it is of the flesh and as such must be guarded against.

I thank you very much for the support you have shown when I am being attacked. I do love those moods you get into that are "to rebuke" but are done in the most spiritual way, with words of the Lord, given in love. I would like to remind you, no me, because I know the people who visit this site and never read or write or give a "high 5" are probably more important than the ones who do. I know those are the pages that make a big deal to someone searching for the truth and also a great example of how to use the love of God even then the evil of this world and all its buds are coming at us.

I don't think I have seen you "flesh" talk but a couple times and that is the most beautiful thing at all. Keep that going. The good are watching.....
I always feel sad when I hear that you feel that you have been attacked.

Did you know that here on CC you can set up a kind of select group? Where you just talk to people who have been invited to the group?

If you are interested, what you do is find someone that you want to talk to, click on their name and then click
Start conversation.

Then if you scroll down, you can see options about inviting other people. I'll see if I can set one up with you and someone I think you agree with just as an experiment, you don't have to participate.

Who knows, you might find it edifying? Of course I would like you to stick around here, but if you're not being edified, it might not be healthy.

(I've never actually done this before, so I'll start experimenting. I hope what I've described above can actually be done!)

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
1 Don't eat scavengers. Those are unclean. They are good for what they were created for, and that is to clean the earth.
God who created not just the heavens and the earth created our "flesh bodies" too. As such, He knows what foods to put into this "body of Christ" to keep it healthy. Do you want to pollute the temple. NO. What if God has a purpose for you down the road and you went and killed off you flesh body by going and doing what God said not to do? What does He now have to heal you because you disobeyed? Nah, I think He will just move on to the next. Billions of speculation questions I will not answer past this point. Does it make God happy when you comply with the wisdom of knowledge He has provided you? I am going out on a limb and I am going to put in a vote for YEA. I think it makes God happy. (What if, just what if doing this covered a multitude of sins) aaahhhhhhhhhh yes. If not, I have been in obedience progressing towards perfection anyhow. Spot or blemish here, not that I haven't repented for.
Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The law you have posted here is not spiritual. So does that mean its not a law? Or does it mean that you have mistaken its meaning, THINKING that its carnal when it is NOT.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Pollute the temple... good one.

Matthew 15:17-18
17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

The Lord Jesus says its not what goes in the mouth that makes the "temple" unclean. Its what comes out of the mouth that makes the "temple" unclean.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
THE ACTS OF THE APSOTLES. Where would we be without them.

Besides what "man" states, is there anywhere in the bible where we are told you must differentiate between the gifts of God and your righteous acts in all conversations or else you will just "working" for salvation?

Do you think the Apostles had to CLARIFY in every conversation to everyone everyday that they were not WORKING for their salvation?

DOES it feel like "men" are trying to make a new law on how think and feel and speak about the gifts of God, by making you state it every time you speak of works? Like if you don't mention "the gift" you are in err.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHOSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU, and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

An old man has twins

one does nothing but believe he will get old

the other does everything while progressing toward old

which old man would you like to talk to?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Hi Grandpa,

Are you an upgraded spirit? Am I addressing an eternal who can never die or be condemned to the fire
because they are no longer mortal but immortal?

Scripture is plain. We are born by the Holy Spirit into the Kingdom of God, washed and cleansed
through repentance of our sins and faith in the Cross, to follow and walk in Jesus's ways.

Our righteousness is by working faith, which shows itself through good works, like the very good works
I am doing now. And I am not an eternal spirit, I am a saint in the Kingdom, indwelt by the Holy Spirit
destined to meet Jesus and enter the new Jerusalem with Him, is I stay true to the end.
Oh. Its your work that is making you Righteous.

Good for you bro.

Is this one of your good works as well? Telling all of us who rely too much on Grace that it is our works we should rely on?

It would be great if that counted too. One more righteous work you can show God to let you in the kingdom while you watch us poor sinners who relied too much on grace be judged...

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

Good for you bro.

Is this one of your good works as well? Telling all of us who rely too much on Grace that it is our works we should rely on?

It would be great if that counted too. One more righteous work you can show God to let you in the kingdom while you watch us poor sinners who relied too much on grace be judged...
Thank you for highlighting a linguistic problem.
Our righteousness is by faith alone, but this faith alone shows itself in fruit, works, the outworking of
our rebirth and transformation into saints.

Working faith as opposed to passive faith.
For some this is an obvious reality, for others passive faith is their option.

But I was asking are you an eternal spirit, or just born again?
I realise the immortals mean different things from scripture than I do, so it is helpful so I can put on
my immortal translation head set. I must apologise if you are an immortal for I am merely a saint,
a follower of Jesus, I have not attained yet to the realms of immortality, whether spiritually or physically.
God bless you

May 1, 2019

Good for you bro.

I would like to offer you encouragement but you twist my words and intent too often.

But my prayers are for Gods will and glory, and all those who answer the call to seek His will on Earth as it is in Heaven.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The law you have posted here is not spiritual. So does that mean its not a law? Or does it mean that you have mistaken its meaning, THINKING that its carnal when it is NOT.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Pollute the temple... good one.

Matthew 15:17-18
17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

The Lord Jesus says its not what goes in the mouth that makes the "temple" unclean. Its what comes out of the mouth that makes the "temple" unclean.
The GOD who created us and the earth said Don't. I don't care if that is spiritual or carnal because carnally I am healthier to be available if He needs me and secondly if I do get sick, I can pray for a healing because I did not disregard His advice.

I am intelligent enough to know that "not to murder" a "physical" act, not only would put my flesh in jail but my spirit would have to accompany it.

You want me to separate Gods spiritual law into carnal man terms. I can do no better than I have. We will be in our celestial bodies soon, very soon. There are going to be "laws" there just like there are laws here. The will all be spiritual, and we will be spiritual and we will have to follow.

The law is good and glorious as there can be no life without it. Period. Just as Jesus had to "obey" and do and become perfected in the flesh, so do we. God created us for His pleasure. We best be giving Him some. Loving and believing and having faith in Him makes Him happy. Following His laws or put another way, doing His will and not our own (such as Satan and Cain and the fallen angels and the Kenites) makes Him happy. Doing our own will doesn't.
The first thing we do is hear the Word. and we receive faith and we progress and claim the love of God and show it to the world by our baptism, being washed clean, a new creature. For what? to go teach and baptize our selves. By this point, every Christian knows we have been promised the gift of eternal life. Every Christian knows Jesus did it perfect and sacrificed Himself for us and we are justified by Him, we are made righteous through Him because we are washed clean through His blood upon repentance, ect. This is baby Christian 101. No one who calls themselves a Christian, doesn't know this.
But with our faith, we must ACT. If we do not ACT the Word is not spread. If we rest, the Word is not spread. We can "rest" from the burden of sin because we do not carry it with us any longer. They had to carry their sins all year round never being made clean except for the day of atonement. And if they were anything like me, (and they didn't have the Comforter dwelling inside) it wasn't but a day or two and BAM for the whole next year they are a sinner. THEY were never free of sin but for a moment. THe law was weak in that it could not make and keep them clean like the blood of Christ upon repentance can make us clean all the time. I am way less"in the state of sinful flesh" than they were though they probably" sinned less than" me.
I am set free to progress without any condemnation, with out fear of breaking a law, breaking the whole law, dying from it ect. Not that breaking a law is anything I even want to do. And when I do, it isn't very long in prayer with the Lord that I am set free of that carnal thought and my spirit led self is in control again. I am clean and talking to God and becoming a "better" me. Yes, to all the good things the spirit is doing and providing within me. Yes, it is impossible to do without Him. Yes, I would have no fruit if it wasn't for the spirit within me. I do acknowledge all that. I just acknowledge that God "likes" and God "doesn't like" and I know what those are because of "the law" so I use it to better myself every day by abiding in the law. I am not going around judging people saying "you broke the law, you are a sinner" I am going around telling people "there is a law, it is the law of the kingdom of God" but the longer you walk and talk with Jesus the less law it is, the more you it is. It doesn't feel like law, it feels like you.

E

eternally-gratefull

They want to get credit for it.

Its called pride. Something they can not see..