Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

EG you are so laughable! You also need a good dictionary not liking does NOT equate to hate! I NEVER backtrack,but if I receive conviction by the HS I will ask forgiveness for an offense against another! I am filled with the Holy Spirit and HE speaks thru me in utterances and stammering lips that are to God. I do not understand what He says but He talks to the Father about the me even I am unaware of! You are soooooooo good at TELLING ppl what to do ,maybe YOU NEED TO TAKE YOU OWN ADVICE! Very seldom do you ever post I'll pray for you to another! Very seldom do you encourage others. Check your own mirror eh,EG!
I am laughable?? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Ok whatever

I am 54 years old I was not born yesterday, It does not take a brain surgion to see what you are doingOnce again, You cannot argue against by doctrine, so you have to resort to attack, to excuses, to do anything you can, because what you teach and believe can not and does not stand by itself.

When your ready to talk about the word. Look me up.

But as long as you refuse to look at your own sin, and want to be like the few others here who sin openly and condone it while preaching law and obedience, just go right ahead, Your hurting yourself. Not me..

May 1, 2019
Sorry, I have been offline for a few day getting ready for school to start. I have glanced at it but have not started to read it yet. I did open it up to one page that explained a lot concerning the Sabbath which told me just in that half a page that it will be a book full of valuable information.

Are you a student, teacher, both? :) Exciting to start a new year!

There is SO much to learn and to frankly decide on! I have found soooo many camps that all seek to have me Join them along this journey for the absolute truth! One technical point is how I had to recognize that in any spiritual walk many will be ahead of you (knowledge wise) in some areas and behind you in others. AND!, some who are ahead of you knowledge wise, may not be on the same level as you with respect to sincerity, so there are so many considerations when it comes to allowing anyone other than the Holy Spirit to teach you. Also, many are just in Spiritual discussions for the reputation and others for social reasons, which is not really all that bad, but at the core of everything should always be an absolute Love for God and His will. This will inevitably put us at odd with many. Even Jesus, after His death really only had a handful of close followers and a hundred or so of observers from a safe distance! I don't try to be blunt with the truth, but the Holy Spirit usually illuminates quickly who is sincere. I sense that within you too and I smile at your walk and Journey! :) (see toldya!) :) Really, get a good witness here. Hey, here's a good verse to gather all the features to our walk;

1Ki 2:3 KJV And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:

Cool Huh!? Add the Newer dimensions the Jesus addes and yeah lots to learn, but isn't that the blessing we have? The opportunity to learn of God!

SG :)

E

eternally-gratefull

It's not a trick question. If you can't answer based on the scriptures then it's best to not answer.

What do the scriptures say the old covenant and new covenant are, respectively?
The old covant was a symbol

The new covenant is the fulfillment of that symbol

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes, I agree with you! I think I mentioned in one of the earlier posts that I felt like I was jumping trains so kind of pulled back at that point - per discussion of the law. That is something I am going to have to dive deeper (which I am currently doing). While exploring this it just keeps leading me to many other things. I am chasing so many things right now for truth that I cannot solely focus on one. So I decided just to better understand the Word of God by those who can translate from original Hebrew and Greek text. That is opened a wealth of knowledge for me and I am just getting started. So to be honest, I cannot answer your question right now.
Honesty,, This is welcome.. And I will pray for you and your studies,, Always feel free to ask question.. You may get many answers, but that is how we learn. We take what people say and study there words. And we learn..Not everyone has the right answer, but it does sharpen us when we look up and even see the wrong answer is wrong.. And when we tru and prove a truth, it is even more amazing

Aug 8, 2019
Are you a student, teacher, both? :) Exciting to start a new year!

There is SO much to learn and to frankly decide on! I have found soooo many camps that all seek to have me Join them along this journey for the absolute truth! One technical point is how I had to recognize that in any spiritual walk many will be ahead of you (knowledge wise) in some areas and behind you in others. AND!, some who are ahead of you knowledge wise, may not be on the same level as you with respect to sincerity, so there are so many considerations when it comes to allowing anyone other than the Holy Spirit to teach you. Also, many are just in Spiritual discussions for the reputation and others for social reasons, which is not really all that bad, but at the core of everything should always be an absolute Love for God and His will. This will inevitably put us at odd with many. Even Jesus, after His death really only had a handful of close followers and a hundred or so of observers from a safe distance! I don't try to be blunt with the truth, but the Holy Spirit usually illuminates quickly who is sincere. I sense that within you too and I smile at your walk and Journey! :) (see toldya!) :) Really, get a good witness here. Hey, here's a good verse to gather all the features to our walk;

1Ki 2:3 KJV And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:

Cool Huh!? Add the Newer dimensions the Jesus addes and yeah lots to learn, but isn't that the blessing we have? The opportunity to learn of God!

SG :)
My daughter is about to start back to school this week. :)

Regarding people being on different levels of truth - I could not argree more. I can discuss certain things all day long with knowledge, expierence and scripture but some I am just starting my walk.

I have been trying to retrain my brain for the last couple of months. So many things happening all at once it seems and I was tired of being consumed with worry to the point of literally shutting down. I kept hearing "Take it to the cross and leave it there" over and over in my head. I started to do just that.

That brought me to another journey. I started to get checks in my spirit concerning certain things being taught, in regards to ministries I had followed. God then started speaking to me, "How about you let Me teach you what I am saying." This led into a time of silence from pretty much everything and everyone regarding the Word of God. I was lost wondering where do I go from here? How can the Word become alive again to me like it once was.

Which brings me to wear I landed in my search for absolute truth. Things that challenged my belief system (none salvation issues) started coming my way. So, it is without a doubt a new walk for me even though I thought I had it all figured out. smh
I just knew there has to be more and there most certainly is. Stepping out of my comfort zone and the journey continues.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy

Regarding people being on different levels of truth - I could not argree more. I can discuss certain things all day long with knowledge, expierence and scripture but some I am just starting my walk.

I have been trying to retrain my brain for the last couple of months. So many things happening all at once it seems and I was tired of being consumed with worry to the point of literally shutting down. I kept hearing "Take it to the cross and leave it there" over and over in my head. I started to do just that.

That brought me to another journey. I started to get checks in my spirit concerning certain things being taught, in regards to ministries I had followed. God then started speaking to me, "How about you let Me teach you what I am saying." This led into a time of silence from pretty much everything and everyone regarding the Word of God. I was lost wondering where do I go from here? How can the Word become alive again to me like it once was.

Which brings me to wear I landed in my search for absolute truth. Things that challenged my belief system (none salvation issues) started coming my way. So, it is without a doubt a new walk for me even though I thought I had it all figured out. smh
I just knew there has to be more and there most certainly is. Stepping out of my comfort zone and the journey continues.
I can so relate to:
"How about you let Me teach you what I am saying."

Though it will "feel" sometimes like taking 5 steps forwards, and 4 steps backwards!
or?
Opening up a can of worms, and upon the taking of one worm? There's another can of worms!

Yeah? It's like that!

Which is like?
Isaiah 28
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

May 1, 2019

I know most would call this weird, but some of the lies were so tangled in my mind that I literally found my way out of the errors by way of other errors that basically allowed me to step away from all the error into the truth. HUH!? If that doesn't make sense I can't say I'm surprised! :) But essentially, being indoctrinated in error can sometimes be a process to emerge from.

Rev 7:3 KJV Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

This is the language used to understand the patience of our Heavenly Father as He holds the processes of prophetic fulfillment until His elect are brought into understanding and compliance with His will and Plans. :)

We are wise to recognize the significance of being diligent.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Questions What are the "least" commandments that are not to be broken? What does the "teaching" sound like of those teaching to "break" the least of these commandments?

K

Karraster

@DeighAnn, I would be afraid to teach against the commandments, or even to say which one I think is the least. For instance, knowing it can't be the ones pertaining to our Creator which is 1st, and those pertaining to our neighbor which is 2nd, I look into the ones pertaining to wildlife. I find this~
Deuteronomy 22:6-7 (KJV)
6 If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young:
7 But thou shalt in any wise let the dam go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days.

Even this seemingly little commandment pertaining to responsible care in leaving the mother to raise more young I find has consequences....."that thou mayest prolong thy days."

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Questions What are the "least" commandments that are not to be broken? What does the "teaching" sound like of those teaching to "break" the least of these commandments?
The ‘least’ of the commandments would be things like ritual hand washing and the ban on any kind of work on the Sabbath, including going to the aid of someone who had been robbed, badly injured and abandoned by the roadside. Leviticus 11 and 27 give an indication of some of the commandments by which they lived.

Thanks be to the grace of God, such people would still be eligible to enter the kingdom of heaven. They believed in God, their hearts were in the right place and they tried to do what was right according to how they had been taught.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

i made a thread last June asking this question, here:

http://69.64.69.17/bible-discussion-forum/the-least-commandment.177641/

PS

Jan 11, 2013
The people in most trouble are those who break even the smallest of the Levitical Commandments and teach others to do the same. Despite that, even they will enter the Kingdom of Heaven but will be among the least. The greatest will be those who practice what they preach, but all will have to do better than the scribes and Pharisees.

May 1, 2019
@DeighAnn, I would be afraid to teach against the commandments, or even to say which one I think is the least. For instance, knowing it can't be the ones pertaining to our Creator which is 1st, and those pertaining to our neighbor which is 2nd, I look into the ones pertaining to wildlife. I find this~
6 If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young:
7 But thou shalt in any wise let the dam go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days.

Even this seemingly little commandment pertaining to responsible care in leaving the mother to raise more young I find has consequences....."that thou mayest prolong thy days."
This is such a wise point. Thank you Karraster for making it. Besides loving birds in general, I recognize that before our "modern ers" there was a day when wild eggs were an important part of life. How you stated the significance of the consequences is beyond a simple glances ability to illuminate, or even a lifetime of meditation for that matter. The 400 to 500 extra laying pairs that might exist when your grandchildren go collecting eggs by obeying to spare the hens life is staggering! Or the heart attitude of being conservative or respectful to the hen etc. The most beautiful part is; if our Creator gave us the commandment we are safe to meditate on all the reasons to do as we are commanded and essentially build a storehouse of understanding and respect for His ways on top of the basic commandment. Then the wisdom we receive by Holy Spirit led meditation will foster broader applications of His wisdom to illuminate situations and circumstances that require sound judgement! Then the world becomes a blessing to behold when everything begins to reflect His order and our part in it. :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

This is related to 'honor your parents' - - the same promise of extended life.

And it is related to not wearing the dress of the wrong gender, and to taking care of the lost animal you find, until you can reunite it with its master. And to building a parapet around the roof of a new house, and not sowing a field with two kinds of grain or plowing with an ox and an ass yoked together.

Do you see how these are all saying the same thing?

Deuteronomy 22 is not a random collection of miscellany. These are purposefully listed together, in a precise and exact order.

May 1, 2019

Hey DeighAnn,

This is a good question! I like that it provokes meditation on His commands! So it is also a wise question!
This entire thread begs the question; "Did Jesus tell us to follow Gods commandments?" and I am perplexed by how many overlook how those who are His sheep "know his voice". When someone walking ahead of us drops a dollar do we hear; "Finders keepers loosers weepers." or "Love your neighbor as yourself." ? Or what if that person was rude to you just a moment before? Are you mature enough to hear "as we forgive those who trespass against us" too? If Jesus is our Shepherd these are the voice of our Shepherd. When we see a fellow redeemed looking at a horoscope do we hear our Shepherds voice speaking through us to our brother or sister? Of course, and what Our Shepherd declaring? keep my commands. So while we may be "teaching" the least of these commands do we actually echo the Shepherds commands? Yes and this is in many ways the NT answer to the OP's question.

May 1, 2019
This is related to 'honor your parents' - - the same promise of extended life.

And it is related to not wearing the dress of the wrong gender, and to taking care of the lost animal you find, until you can reunite it with its master. And to building a parapet around the roof of a new house, and not sowing a field with two kinds of grain or plowing with an ox and an ass yoked together.

Do you see how these are all saying the same thing?

Deuteronomy 22 is not a random collection of miscellany. These are purposefully listed together, in a precise and exact order.

Thank You for sharing that. :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Could it be that he is speaking of those who always preach do not murder, commit sexual sin, and all these grave sins, but ignore the lesser sins as if it is ok to commit those sins. Or as some call it watering down the law?