Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 1, 2019
no.

it means a person sees with the same acuity at 20 feet as a person with 'normal' vision.
if you have 20/40 vision you see at 40 feet what a person with normal vision can discern at 20 feet.

I am often amazed at how narrow minded you are PH. Really, you seem to have the attitude of a Millennial or Post-Millennial. Did you ever get a trophy for not winning? Do you look at your smart phone more that 2 times per day? If so, I might understand why you feel you deserve something you didn't have to work for.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I recognize that you do not understand me, you even apply accusations that do not pertain to me. That will be on you. You will find that was/is unwise. You have God to contend with.

I wrote many words then I just backspaced them out. Why? You do not want to hear them. That simple. Seems you are locked in. Your gospel promises everything but requires nothing, yours bypasses the placing of the old man on the cross (the lawbreaker)/ Scorns denial of the flesh, Calls purity legalism, No thanks, I prefer Christianity, being Christlike. He was nothing like that, He was the opposite!
I understand you perfectly.

If you understand your position then you should understand the post that I posted to you that shows beyond a doubt that what is written on the Christians Heart is NOT the 10 commandments.

But you seem to have ignored that.

And then shown that the carnal mind CAN'T understand and CAN'T grasp the things of God. SO it looks like you're out of luck.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
a person should not speak solely from their imagination, but from the truth.
What he posted is actually quite telling.

The Workers of iniquity can't hide from Christians. They have lots of tells.

Having a disdain for everyone who doesn't work like they do is one of the biggest ones.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Do you speak ill of Moses or the Law? You are treading close to Blaspheming the Holy Spirit! You should consider your words and heart!
How about telling people their work at the law is actually following the Holy Spirit of the law?

I would say this is A LOT closer to blaspheming the Holy Spirit than being judgemental of Moses.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am often amazed at how narrow minded you are PH. Really, you seem to have the attitude of a Millennial or Post-Millennial. Did you ever get a trophy for not winning? Do you look at your smart phone more that 2 times per day? If so, I might understand why you feel you deserve something you didn't have to work for.
I am amazed you think this post is christlike. and does anything to support your beliefs.

and you have me ignored.. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I recognize that you do not understand me, you even apply accusations that do not pertain to me. That will be on you. You will find that was/is unwise. You have God to contend with.

I wrote many words then I just backspaced them out. Why? You do not want to hear them. That simple. Seems you are locked in. Your gospel promises everything but requires nothing, yours bypasses the placing of the old man on the cross (the lawbreaker)/ Scorns denial of the flesh, Calls purity legalism, No thanks, I prefer Christianity, being Christlike. He was nothing like that, He was the opposite!
You wrestle, not only with scripture, but with what I believe as well.

You twist, not only scripture, but what I believe into something that it just isn't.

I'm really not sure why I have a heart for people so stubborn and angry. Maybe it is because the Lord Jesus Christ has the same heart for the same people. How they have a zeal for God but NOT according to knowledge.

I suppose it is to be expected when you show the Workers of Iniquity that they work iniquity they will get a little upset over it. But for all their preaching on placing the old man on the cross, denial of the flesh, purity and the rest of their works they would WANT to find a NEW and BETTER Way.

But then when they find out this way is through Christ and the Holy Spirit BY FAITH THROUGH GRACE then they continue to reject it and go about their own works of iniquity.

Maybe one day you will understand that it is not your way or your understanding or your work that gets you one iota closer to God. God is not pleased because you obey the law in your own understanding. God is pleased because of your faith in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

E

eternally-gratefull

SO that settles that then. You don't know, don't want to know and now say it is not possible for you to even start to understand.
Thats why he will not answer questions Bro..

Either he is afraid. Or he is so as they call it, spoonfed, He thinks there is no way he could be wrong, so our questions are meaningless.

I tend to think it is the first one..

E

eternally-gratefull

Having a disdain for everyone who doesn't work like they do is one of the biggest ones.
Yep. Thats why they attack us as the pharisee attacked Christ. And say we Hate Gods law. We hate obedience, We love sin, We think we can be saved and live however we want.

Sadly very few pharisees found truth (saul/paul was the most famous) and I fear very few of these modern day pharisees will either

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
now that is hilarious.

you, being ignorant of the facts, wondered about something, looking for an answer.

i gave you the knowledge you looked for.

so you deride me.

'
what is this i don't even'

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Did you ever get a trophy for not winning?
no. did you?

i compete in swordfighting events. no one ever gets a participation award.
i played soccer for 14 years in rec leagues, school leagues, and on my state-sponsored team. no one ever got a participation award.
i played tennis competitively for 6 years. no one ever got a participation award.
i played football for 6 years in jr & sr high school. no one ever got a participation award.
i played racquetball in university for 5 years. no one ever got a participation award.
i took part in math decathalons. no one ever got a participation award.
i attended university for 15 years. no one was ever passed or graduated just because they showed up.
i didn't receive scholarships or grants or research money just because i happened to be there. i qualified.

i'm speaking from knowledge. what are you doing?

May 1, 2019
no. did you?

i compete in swordfighting events. no one ever gets a participation award.
i played soccer for 14 years in rec leagues, school leagues, and on my state-sponsored team. no one ever got a participation award.
i played tennis competitively for 6 years. no one ever got a participation award.
i played football for 6 years in jr & sr high school. no one ever got a participation award.
i played racquetball in university for 5 years. no one ever got a participation award.
i took part in math decathalons. no one ever got a participation award.
i attended university for 15 years. no one was ever passed or graduated just because they showed up.

i'm speaking from knowledge. what are you doing?
Impressive!

I have nothing in this world I am proud of except in walking in Gods ways and in this I give thanks to God.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

who knows if he even works?

E

eternally-gratefull

Impressive!

I have nothing in this world I am proud of except in walking in Gods ways and in this I give thanks to God.
How do you know you walk in Gods way?

did he tell you?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Did you read the OT references I sent earlier in our conversation? If you cannot gather that Israel was to receive the Holy Spirit from God to bring their hearts into sync with the Torah I cannot say anything to convince you. Either you see the matter being articulated or you don't. If you can get a glimpse if it then dig in. If my assertions are not obvious at all then we reading with different eyes.
If you understand that Israel was to receive the Holy Spirit from God, but by their REJECTION of His Grace they instead received the law, doesn't it make sense that those who receive the Holy Spirit from God WOULD NOT be under that law?

And further, that those who follow the same law that Israel received for their REJECTION of Gods Grace would also necessarily REJECT the same Grace?

That is the sentence. The Ministry of Death and Condemnation. No one escapes by working really hard at it.

Only by FINALLY ACCEPTING Gods Grace do we finally escape its clutches.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Impressive!

oh yeah. thank God you ain't like those sinners eh?

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

(Galatians 6:14)

let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me,
that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth

(Jeremiah 9:24)

May 1, 2019
who knows if he even works?
oh yeah. thank God you ain't like those sinners eh?

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
(Galatians 6:14)
let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me,
that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth
(Jeremiah 9:24)
Are you projecting?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
it's not. ask how many trophies i actually have?
it doesn't matter. i'm not boasting in the slightest. i am only giving evidence that you are wrong.

the point is that you are talking out your ### saying everyone gets trophies for losing and '
o that's what's wrong with the world'

you're speaking without knowledge, out of your vain imagination.

May 1, 2019
it's not. ask how many trophies i actually have?
it doesn't matter. i'm not boasting in the slightest. i am only giving evidence that you are wrong.

the point is that you are talking out your ### saying everyone gets trophies for losing and 'o that's what's wrong with the world'

you're speaking without knowledge, out of your vain imagination.

You are blind to your absolute need to be “RIGHT” so much so that you are rarely WRONG from your own perspective! Being right/winning even if you are wrong/losing is your unearned trophy. Are you so infected with this contagion that it has infected your theology?

In the walk illuminated in the scripture being humbled is the norm, and NO it is not easy or fun. But in accepting this chastisement His meek are brought closer to God. Becoming less while Christ manifests Himself through the Spirit of Grace.

How can a man who is always "RIGHT" receive needed chastisement? Sadly, not until that day!