Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I think all of us would agree that the Love, and Joy and reconciling ways of Jesus are so welcoming that we gravitate towards Him. I enjoy the Spirit of Jesus in so many of the people on here. I think you have noticed how I gravitate towards them.

Then there are others on here with the "ministry of condemnation". These are the ones I prefer to avoid.

This was precisely what Jesus’ disputes with the Pharisees was. He wanted to expose them as a failed ministry that only produced error and grief. I know some of you try to put a positive light on the Pharisees, but they were a legalistic, club of self-righteous snobs whose conformed to their manufactured interpretations of the law and the “tradition of the elders” (Matt 15:2). Just like you and EG and eb9 etc, until people acquiesce into complete conformity and uniformity they don't stand a chance in your club. And worst of all, you nag at them incessantly telling them, YOU ARE NOT WORTHY! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME! Again, "a ministry of condemnation" !

Your type of ministry is a ministry of manipulation! I think I have uses the analogy of a "spiritual baseball bat, with nails in it". That's the image your ministry presents in my heart and mind when I see your replies. That was the heavy-handed YOKE that the people were under when Jesus walked among us! No one could bear up under it! You're quick to use those citations of "yokes" to condemn the Torah but it wasn't the Torah, it was the Torah, manipulated, twisted, redefined by the Babylonian Talmud/Traditions of the Elders/Fathers that people could not bear up under! Even Jesus characterized their combination of Torah manipulation and "ministry of condemnation" in;

Mat 23:4 KJV For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Don't fool yourselves, you certainly cannot fool us, the Torah is as Paul characterized it is;

Rom 7:12 KJV Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Your ministry of condemnation cannot undo what the Holy Spirit has done in our hearts as far as our Love of Gods Laws goes, trust me! What you misinterpret as Judiazers are God Lovers! Wondering why someone who claims to be filled with the Holy Spirit doesn't Love God too!

So while you use the law to beat down others and delude yourselves that you have gained some form of power over us, we see you as pitiable especially when we consider the way Jesus lovingly restored the Torah to its intended used: FIRST) to show us sinners our need for a Savior; SECOND) to regulate evil/lawlessness in society; and THIRD) as the guiding/the lamp unto our feet for those of us who God has graciously saved. So what you used as a weapon against us, Jesus re-established as a guide to salvation, a guarantor of civil peace and a glorious guiding light to us who hunger and thirst after righteousness!

I don't know what to do for your tragic lack of joy and your manipulative "ministry of condemnation" except to continue to pray for you.

Bless YHWH! Know and Keep!
You chastise grandpa for nine paragraphs then state you will continue to pray for him. Who are you kidding?

K

Karraster

Is it OCD??

Seriously, IT"S NOT THERE TO TELL YOU ALL TO PUT YOUR SELVES UNDER THE SINAI COVENANT"??????????????? Are you disseminating this :rolleyes: too?

Do you see how this is as a willful, continual, even habitual sin to continue teaching a "LIE" "as truth" that being " some one can be under or be put under a law that has been removed by the very shedding of the Blood of Christ? It doesn't scare the bejeezus out of you? Have you gone and counted how many times one side of the "debators" bring up the law of Moses vs the ones who bring up the law of the kingdom, the law of love, the New Covenant? Talk about falling backwards, the only law you all see it the law of death and condemnation.

I will say it again and again and again,

I love the law that brings forgiveness and life and righteousness and justifies me. The one of promised salvation, and sanctification, and takes away death, and pays the penalty for my sins, and washes me clean and leaves me with the spirit and writes on my mind and upon my heart and directs and guides me on the narrow path to holiness, and makes it possible for me to produce better and more acceptable fruit of the Spirit, feeding off that root of the Lord every day, and I work and do the will of God spreading His word.

That Word, so much more that eternal love and salvation but all about who He is. and what He has done for us. and how He watches over us, and WHAT He wants from us. and how we know those things because it is written in His word and in His word is the law and the prophets and how the laws were the schoolmaster, in other words the knowledge and wisdom God wants us to have so that we may know Him, so we may know the way to become more Christ like ourselves.
Christ as followed perfectly those laws perfectly, To that I aspire. NO, not to the laws Christ him self followed, but to the Law Christ left for me to follow. And though I know as a sinner, and I will not never ever be perfect like Him, I know with the help of the Spirit He sent me, I can try to be the best I can, and maybe some day He will say to me, Well done, my good and faithful servant.

I can be more loving. I can produce more fruits of love, I can be more charitable, I can be more kind and that kindness should become so strong that that is what people think of me. I can when I feel my flesh says "I shall rage", grab the spirits hand and say "thank you" for that, and yes, I shall forgive. I can fight that feeling of something "unjust" remembering I was told "vengeance is mine".

All the laws that are written on my heart, come in handy hourly, as I must stab to death again and again thoughts and feelings produced from the fleshman that I was born into, that are not" Christlike". How do I know? The spirit convicts me, the law enlightens me, and the Word provides me a solution.

I see the progress made with the help of the spirit, following those laws working in me. When I truly began this journey, I was stabbing my flesh by the minute. I know just as Jesus fulfilled the law He had be given to follow, I am going to do my best to fulfill the law Jesus left for me to follow. It is the law of the kingdom of God. It is a law of love and life and I love and live it.

I want to have the same inner thoughts and feeling towards my brethren as my Lord and Savior did. The kind that even when it gets tuff, you continue on and persevere doing the things that are right.

God sent the son knowing we are sinners, and loving us despite it. Seeing the good in us. Like watching babies grow. Stumbling in those first few years, getting better at the walk as we go. Soon being sure on our feet as we are able to skip and jump. The law is like that. In the beginning feels foreign to the "new creature man" So much to do. Getting drunk was fun, we tone it down to drinking, don't want to be a drunk. Why? The law. The spirit working those laws. God doesn't like a drunk. One day years later without really doing anything but living in the word, we find, we barely drink at all. The Word does for us what "a drunk" used to do.

For us sinners He shed that blood and paid that price. My Spirit weakens to my flesh, I sin. I have broken the law. My heart and my mind hurt. My soul knows that in this state that I am right now, God can not hear me. I am unclean. BUT WAIT, super good new. Yes, I have broken the law where once upon a time having done so I would have had to carry it with me up until the day of atonement to be make clean the same law that carried with it death, The same law that was made into such a burden I could hardly keep it. The law where had I died, would have meant death, LIKE I SAID BUT WAIT, :love::love::love::love::love: I HAVE THE GRACE OF GOD. I HAVE RECEIVED THE BLOOD. MY LORD AND SAVIOURS BLOOD. I HAVE A HIGH PRIEST. RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW THIS VERY MOMENT. I CAN ASK FORGIVENESS AND BE WASHED CLEAN AGAIN. CLEAN AS THE DAY I WAS BAPTIZED. I HAVE BEEN SET FREE. TO LOVE GOD, NO FEAR OF DEATH, NO FEAR OF REPRISAL, NO FEAR OF KEEPING "THE WHOLE LAW" I AM FREE TO FALL, AS LONG AS I KEEP MY EYE ON THE LORD AND FOLLOW HIS WILL.

I AM walking more Christ like every day because of that glorious law written on my heart and mind that along with the Spirit, makes me secure in knowing that God could say of me someday, What do you think of my servant D.
What a testimony! That was beautiful DeighAnn I love your sweet spirit! :)

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
What a testimony! That was beautiful DeighAnn I love your sweet spirit! :)
Seriously I wonder where it comes from sometimes. It is really weird because you just read that one post and the next thing you know its a page long answer. But Praise be to God. God Bless you K!!!

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
James 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
James 4:16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

I have somewhat against those "professing" to be of God, Judging everyone around them, partial to just those who agree with them, causing strife and division and what I find most strange is they talk of getting rid of Jots and tittles, yet they have no problem bold faced continually going against the way God tells us to speak and act and to present ourselves. It is like they don't believe it applies to them but are positive it belongs to those they are conversing with

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.

For what is your life?
It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that
But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Jesus says He's given us a new commandment, love God and love one another and that fulfills all of the Law.
Just had this analogy pop into my head.

The Old covenant is like a bucket list of dangerous places. "Don't go to street A, don't go to street B, don't dare go to street C, and don't even think of going down the street D, it's especially dangerous, you'll get robbed and killed there, etc". QWERTYUIOSDFGHJZ places not to go to.

The New covenant is Jesus coming and saying "I have new instruction. The time has come to destroy the enemy. Come into this castle I built, My children, it is a very safe stronghold, wait here for Me and don't wander off, while I pursue all the robbers and murderers that have been destroying the city". You don't need the bucket list anymore, right? Even though you're following the new single command instead (that is actually way more encompassing and wholesome).

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Exodus 16:3 And the children of Israel said to them, "Oh, that we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the pots of meat [and] when we ate bread to the full! For you have brought us out into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with hunger."

Which is also this:

Exodus 17:3
And the people thirsted there for water, and the people complained against Moses, and said, "Why [is] it you have brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our livestock with thirst?"[/QUOTE]
End the suspense already, and tell me how that changed what I wrote? Come on this is 3 times already.

K

Karraster

It's appalling how some view the Almighty Creator. Say He gave us laws, some of which were bad, that we can't possibly keep, it's just to show us what miserable failures we are, set the bar so high it is impossible to achieve so don't even try. Well, that's not Biblical at all.
Here is scripture that is used to that end, Ezekiel 20: 25 So I gave them other statutes that were not good and laws through which they could not live; 26 I defiled them through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the Lord.’
Sounds like God gave us bad laws at a glance if you don't know better, and if you neglect to read it in context, and if you're looking for a loophole to be disobedient! What a foolish notion. The simple meaning is when people cast off God He will cast them off and give them up to serve the heathen nations replete with their millions of burdensome laws and taxes. That is what happened here read the whole chapter.

Take that and add it to Matt 4? And say it's too complex you can't understand what it means except it means don't bother to keep commandments? Nevermind that Jesus said to live by every Word from the mouth of God? I'm surprised we are not being solicited to buy a bridge as well.:rolleyes:

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I know Marcello's original point was that Christ did not openly say that we no longer need to follow Moses Law. And Marcello's point was that Christs Words that He spoke before His Crucifixion were all OT teaching. All His Words after His Crucifixion and the Apostles words would then be the teaching of Christianity.

This would be close to truth if you were maybe teaching a child or young teen ager maybe. Or making a really broad analogy for understanding sake.

But I don't think we can discount the Lords Words, ever. The Lord was ALWAYS teaching. Not necessarily the things some people THINK He was teaching but He was teaching nevertheless. And He wasn't always teaching OT concepts.

Matthew 11:28-29
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

This is gospel. This is Christianity. And this was before the Crucifixion.

So you can't say that the Lord didn't directly tell people that they no longer needed to keep Moses Law. You just have to say that He said it in parable form.

And the Lord also said this;

Matthew 5:18-19
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

These two concepts in Matthew 5 and Matthew 11 seem to be contradictions. But they aren't. They are two sides of the same coin.

Do you want to keep commandments and do commandments? Then you have to come to the Lord and receive Rest. You have to abide in Christ.

As soon as you turn away from Christ and turn toward your own effort you become lawless. You become someone who breaks commandments.

It doesn't seem fair and it seems to be against human logic but its the way God has Made. Those who work at the law break that same law. Those who don't work but have faith in Christ are the ones who keep the law.

Romans 9:30-32
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
End the suspense already, and tell me how that changed what I wrote? Come on this is 3 times already.
I already told you. It was written - sin was in the world before the law. God spoke before the world was, for He said, "let there be"

you said:

Sin is transgression of the law, by that very fact alone, every time the word sin is mentioned, the law is implied to be in service, and the breaking of that law is being written down. In my opinion.
because sin was, before the law was, it is incorrect that sin implies the law.

did you want to talk about the spiritual things in the law and the prophets, which speak of Christ, or did you want to just play the '
us vs them' and the 'everyone else is wrong' game forever?

it's not supposed to be about us. it's supposed to be about Him.

there is way more going on in Matthew 4. it would be far more useful to look into that than to enjoin the blind bitterness all over this thread already. let the tares grow on their own; they don't need our help.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Getting back to the topic of this thread...

John gives a description of Christ...

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

So Christ is full of truth. Everything he says is the truth.

Christ describes his words before new covenant is established...

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life

So Christ's words are Spirit and Life.

What happens when a person hears and obeys (acts on) Christ's words...

Matthew 7:24
Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Luke 11:28
And He said, "No rather, blessed are those hearing the word of God and obeys it."

John 8:31
Truly, truly, I tell you, if anyone keeps My word, he will never see death.”

So one who obeys Christ's words is:

- considered wise
- builds on a solid foundation
- will be blessed
- will never see death (i.e. have everlasting life)

What Christ says to do to inherit everlasting life...

Luke 18:18,20,22
18 Then a certain ruler asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

20 You know the commandments: ’...

22 You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

Matthew 19:16-17, 21
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 and he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Mark 10:17-19, 21
17As Jesus started on His way, a man ran up and knelt before Him. “Good Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone.

19 You know the commandments...

21 Jesus looked at him, loved him, and said to him, “There is one thing you lack: Go, sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me

So Christ says to (a) obey the commandments and (b) follow him is how to inherit eternal life, confirmed by three gospels.

After new covenant was established (death & resurrection), Christ said this to his disciples before his ascension...

Matthew 28:19-20
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

So for the new covenant, Christs tells his disciples to teach others to OBEY EVERYTHING He said to them prior to him going to the cross.

----

I think the message is clear. The disciples Christ's disciples were to make are to obeying everything Christ said, which means obeying everything he said.

So we are to obey the commandments and follow Christ. Same thing that's repeated in Revelation 14:12.

For eternal life, Christ said:

A) obey the commandments
B) have the faith of Christ
Gross Conceptual Error.

The Lord corrects people who think JUST LIKE YOU DO.

John 5:39-40
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Eternal Life is only in Christ. Not in trying to obey commandments.

But those commandments should bring you to the end of yourself and cause you turn to Christ.

They should cause you to understand that you DON'T keep the commandments. That you have no chance of keeping them. That your only hope is Christ.

Galatians 3:24-26
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
just so all the judeaizers know ( not that ya'll care about accurate truth), sin is much more than transgression of the Law ( which gentiles never were under, nor was divided into parts).

sin is missing the mark, falling short of a standard, knowing to do good and not doing so.

so, you see, attempting to keep the Law will not keep you from sin, nor excuse your failure to keep it perfectly .

remember, Jesus told the rich young ruler " you still lack one thing."

the one thing will disqualify you from the Kingdom, if you do not 100% percent trust Christ for salvation.

one missed step will be deadly if you trust Jesus for your salvation.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
These Old Testament types are adapting Old Testament Law to suit themselves and are saying their version is better than anything given by God. It is just like they have their own god who they worship the same as the apostate Jews did.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Is it OCD??

Seriously, IT"S NOT THERE TO TELL YOU ALL TO PUT YOUR SELVES UNDER THE SINAI COVENANT"??????????????? Are you disseminating this :rolleyes: too?

Do you see how this is as a willful, continual, even habitual sin to continue teaching a "LIE" "as truth" that being " some one can be under or be put under a law that has been removed by the very shedding of the Blood of Christ? It doesn't scare the bejeezus out of you? Have you gone and counted how many times one side of the "debators" bring up the law of Moses vs the ones who bring up the law of the kingdom, the law of love, the New Covenant? Talk about falling backwards, the only law you all see it the law of death and condemnation.

I will say it again and again and again,

I love the law that brings forgiveness and life and righteousness and justifies me. The one of promised salvation, and sanctification, and takes away death, and pays the penalty for my sins, and washes me clean and leaves me with the spirit and writes on my mind and upon my heart and directs and guides me on the narrow path to holiness, and makes it possible for me to produce better and more acceptable fruit of the Spirit, feeding off that root of the Lord every day, and I work and do the will of God spreading His word.

That Word, so much more that eternal love and salvation but all about who He is. and what He has done for us. and how He watches over us, and WHAT He wants from us. and how we know those things because it is written in His word and in His word is the law and the prophets and how the laws were the schoolmaster, in other words the knowledge and wisdom God wants us to have so that we may know Him, so we may know the way to become more Christ like ourselves.
Christ as followed perfectly those laws perfectly, To that I aspire. NO, not to the laws Christ him self followed, but to the Law Christ left for me to follow. And though I know as a sinner, and I will not never ever be perfect like Him, I know with the help of the Spirit He sent me, I can try to be the best I can, and maybe some day He will say to me, Well done, my good and faithful servant.

I can be more loving. I can produce more fruits of love, I can be more charitable, I can be more kind and that kindness should become so strong that that is what people think of me. I can when I feel my flesh says "I shall rage", grab the spirits hand and say "thank you" for that, and yes, I shall forgive. I can fight that feeling of something "unjust" remembering I was told "vengeance is mine".

All the laws that are written on my heart, come in handy hourly, as I must stab to death again and again thoughts and feelings produced from the fleshman that I was born into, that are not" Christlike". How do I know? The spirit convicts me, the law enlightens me, and the Word provides me a solution.

I see the progress made with the help of the spirit, following those laws working in me. When I truly began this journey, I was stabbing my flesh by the minute. I know just as Jesus fulfilled the law He had be given to follow, I am going to do my best to fulfill the law Jesus left for me to follow. It is the law of the kingdom of God. It is a law of love and life and I love and live it.

I want to have the same inner thoughts and feeling towards my brethren as my Lord and Savior did. The kind that even when it gets tuff, you continue on and persevere doing the things that are right.

God sent the son knowing we are sinners, and loving us despite it. Seeing the good in us. Like watching babies grow. Stumbling in those first few years, getting better at the walk as we go. Soon being sure on our feet as we are able to skip and jump. The law is like that. In the beginning feels foreign to the "new creature man" So much to do. Getting drunk was fun, we tone it down to drinking, don't want to be a drunk. Why? The law. The spirit working those laws. God doesn't like a drunk. One day years later without really doing anything but living in the word, we find, we barely drink at all. The Word does for us what "a drunk" used to do.

For us sinners He shed that blood and paid that price. My Spirit weakens to my flesh, I sin. I have broken the law. My heart and my mind hurt. My soul knows that in this state that I am right now, God can not hear me. I am unclean. BUT WAIT, super good new. Yes, I have broken the law where once upon a time having done so I would have had to carry it with me up until the day of atonement to be make clean the same law that carried with it death, The same law that was made into such a burden I could hardly keep it. The law where had I died, would have meant death, LIKE I SAID BUT WAIT, :love::love::love::love::love: I HAVE THE GRACE OF GOD. I HAVE RECEIVED THE BLOOD. MY LORD AND SAVIOURS BLOOD. I HAVE A HIGH PRIEST. RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW THIS VERY MOMENT. I CAN ASK FORGIVENESS AND BE WASHED CLEAN AGAIN. CLEAN AS THE DAY I WAS BAPTIZED. I HAVE BEEN SET FREE. TO LOVE GOD, NO FEAR OF DEATH, NO FEAR OF REPRISAL, NO FEAR OF KEEPING "THE WHOLE LAW" I AM FREE TO FALL, AS LONG AS I KEEP MY EYE ON THE LORD AND FOLLOW HIS WILL.

I AM walking more Christ like every day because of that glorious law written on my heart and mind that along with the Spirit, makes me secure in knowing that God could say of me someday, What do you think of my servant D.
We have left Sinai and its laws are headed for Zion.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
I already told you. It was written - sin was in the world before the law. God spoke before the world was, for He said, "let there be"

you said:

because sin was, before the law was, it is incorrect that sin implies the law.

did you want to talk about the spiritual things in the law and the prophets, which speak of Christ, or did you want to just play the 'us vs them' and the 'everyone else is wrong' game forever?

it's not supposed to be about us. it's supposed to be about Him.

there is way more going on in Matthew 4. it would be far more useful to look into that than to enjoin the blind bitterness all over this thread already. let the tares grow on their own; they don't need our help.
Sin is transgression of the law, by that very fact alone, every time the word sin is mentioned, the law is implied to be in service, and the breaking of that law is being written down. In my opinion. Sin is transgression of the law. The law is not sin the law is law. and sin is the transgression of the law. Therefore when "sin" is spoken of "the law" has been transgressed, whether there was sin before the law or not. I am trying to further the Word of God, the Spirit of the truth He wants revealed. You want to stick to the letter of the law written in stone. Who does that? Why? Did Jesus not life the veil off the OT for you? Did not His coming answer all those questions that they all thought contradicted each other before He arrived and made it all true and truth? Shouldn't we be spreading that truth? Isn't that our Job, to spread the word not to look for ways to pick at the" Letter" of the word? And I ask you again, Who does that? Why? (they are all rhetorical)

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
We have left Sinai and its laws are headed for Zion.
You should read the posts first. Didn't you say you didn't want to engage? Was that the truth? I pray God is recording every word you write.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
You should read the posts first. Didn't you say you didn't want to engage? Was that the truth? I pray God is recording every word you write.
It is your constant talk of the law. Did Jesus teach 'the law?'

PS

Jan 11, 2013
If I was drowning, would I fight my rescuer or is it better to surrender to them and put our trust in them? I was drowning in sin and iniquity, but Jesus came to rescue me and I surrendered my all to Him. No law was involved.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
If I was drowning, would I fight my rescuer or is it better to surrender to them and put our trust in them? I was drowning in sin and iniquity, but Jesus came to rescue me and I surrendered my all to Him. No law was involved.
One has to trust their rescuer in order to surrender to him. John 14:1-7 instilled the trust I needed, and the peace of God has been upon me ever since. To God be the glory.

May 1, 2019
Lovely sentiment, but where you see contempt for the Law I find peace. It was essentially The Law that helped to save you! It illuminated the path from the darkness you were in to Jesus.

Think of your sin predicament as total darkness...How did David describe the Law?;

Psa 119:105 KJV NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Gal 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Joh 6:44 KJV No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Just because the Law was there with you in sin does not mean it was not what floated you to your savior!

Think of how the three verses above seem to compliment each other! What if God and His Law are intricately intertwined which I know they are and you are speaking so disparagingly of the Law! Are you disparaging he Heavenly Father! I think so! Perhaps not deliberately, I hope not anyway! But take care to recognize that The Law never did anything but Good for you! Don't, by your rejection of it, let it become your Judge!

The predisposition of so many to blame something for their indiscretions is mind boggling.

SG :)