Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Jesus came. The new husband, the first husband no longer

E

eternally-gratefull

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
Jesus said until heaven and earth pass away not one jot or tittle.

How can the law be a schoolmaster to lead people to christ if it is no more?

E

eternally-gratefull

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Jesus came. The new husband, the first husband no longer
Yep.

You made my point, It condemns us, And points us to the true high priest who can make us perfect, Which is christ.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Jesus said until heaven and earth pass away not one jot or tittle.

How can the law be a schoolmaster to lead people to christ if it is no more?
It still is, but we are no longer "bound, or under" it. Not one jot or tittle can change because it still is our history. It still reveals to us who God is.

The only thing is it no longer has any power over us. It only stood till Jesus got here. The old covenant had to go for Jesus and the law of love, the New Covenant. Oh death where is thy sting? It has not one any more. Jesus conquered it, "the law of sin and death" Jesus died to set us free of,

It was a shadow of what was to come. JESUS CAME it went away. They both could not exist at the same time. That is what is meant by the first husband dying

E

eternally-gratefull

It still is, but we are no longer "bound, or under" it. Not one jot or tittle can change because it still is our history. It still reveals to us who God is.

The only thing is it no longer has any power over us. It only stood till Jesus got here. The old covenant had to go for Jesus and the law of love, the New Covenant. Oh death where is thy sting? It has not one any more. Jesus conquered it, "the law of sin and death" Jesus died to set us free of,

It was a shadow of what was to come. JESUS CAME it went away. They both could not exist at the same time. That is what is meant by the first husband dying
Yes

So why are people still telling us we need to follow the law?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
The scribes and Pharisees were teachers of the law and according to Jesus, their father was the devil.

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. (Joh 8:44 KJV)

Do we really want to follow the devil's law that leads to damnation?
I know of no such thing that appears in my Bible. Does it appear as such in yours?

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Yes

So why are people still telling us we need to follow the law?
No one is saying to follow the Laws of Moses. As a matter of fact we keep saying we can't because they are no longer "valid". We cant do animal sacrifices. we don't follow laws for priests, there is no temple, we are not running our own government, ect. The law of moses was EVERYTHING a government and church did. They werent even a nation 40 yrs later.

Remember they had been slaves for 400 years. They knew nothing but how to be slaves. They needed everything.

The laws have been written on our minds and hearts, And the spirit leads us to follow them. Jesus gave us commands. We follow those. They are actually harder than the original 10 in Matt 5.

NayborBear

What do you wish me to say when I read lies?

"good job!"?
No? You should do this!......Quite OFTEN!
1 John 4

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Because?
1 John 4
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Would not one be acting in love towards another in showing the "spirit of error?"
(sighs)
James 1
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

This "process", of drawing nigh unto God? (because it IS a process. Has to be!), Is something I used to call "REVERSE Apostasy!" Is a "good" term though. It fits! It WORKS!
James 4

From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Yep.

You made my point, It condemns us, And points us to the true high priest who can make us perfect, Which is christ.
Yes it DID CONDEMN. THEN Jesus came. IT CONDEMS NO MORE, IT HAD TO LEAVE SO THAT JESUS COULD GIVE US THE LAW OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD, THE LAW OF LOVE, THE LAW THAT DOESN'T BIND, THE LAW THAT DOESN'T CONDEMN, THE LAW THAT SETS US FREE, THE LAW IN WHICH WE REPENT WE ARE WASHED CLEAN

E

eternally-gratefull

No one is saying to follow the Laws of Moses. As a matter of fact we keep saying we can't because they are no longer "valid". We cant do animal sacrifices. we don't follow laws for priests, there is no temple, we are not running our own government, ect. The law of moses was EVERYTHING a government and church did. They werent even a nation 40 yrs later.

Remember they had been slaves for 400 years. They knew nothing but how to be slaves. They needed everything.

The laws have been written on our minds and hearts, And the spirit leads us to follow them. Jesus gave us commands. We follow those. They are actually harder than the original 10 in Matt 5.
the ten commands,, or the ministry of death written on stone is part of that law.

The law comes as one until you can not break it up.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes it DID CONDEMN. THEN Jesus came. IT CONDEMS NO MORE, IT HAD TO LEAVE SO THAT JESUS COULD GIVE US THE LAW OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD, THE LAW OF LOVE, THE LAW THAT DOESN'T BIND, THE LAW THAT DOESN'T CONDEMN, THE LAW THAT SETS US FREE, THE LAW IN WHICH WE REPENT WE ARE WASHED CLEAN
It still condemns. Those who have yet to receive Christ..

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Hebrews 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
the ten commands,, or the ministry of death written on stone is part of that law.

The law comes as one until you can not break it up.
YOU need to go get the order of events straight. I'll go get you a post number to go see and check out if your bible says the same thing. . Post 5383