Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 17, 2019
God “will give to each person according to what he has done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism. All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. Romans 2:1-16

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Did you know there is no more "ministry of death" because those laws were divorced, and New Laws brought in but if you read Matt 5, basically same laws, just with the heart and mind put in with them. As in don't just "not kill" but don't think about killing and if you do go work it out. So Gods Commandments were made more intense and became a part of the NEW Covenant
Jesus died so that the "ministry of death" became a ministry of love and repentance and forgiveness through the blood He shed, and life to the believer? What does the bible say about those who follow the law now? They will be judged by the law, but they can not be judged to death anymore because "judged to death" got replaced with "forgiven to life" through the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of God that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice holy acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
That YE present, not the spirit within ye present, YE
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Not the spirit will keep you from conforming, be YE transformed by renewing of your mind, NOT the spirit will transform, NOT the spirt will renew, NOT the spirit will prove. How do we know what is good and acceptable? Leave it ALL to the spirit that dwells inside? Is there to be any accounting for who you are??? Will you be responsible for anything more that "accepting the risen Christ"?
Romans 12:3 For I say through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think but to think soberly according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
But apparently, and we need to accept this on all levels, there are "places" for all. Some God gives much, like the 10 talents, and God expects much in return. Some God gives little, and expects little in return.
Romans 12:4 For as we have many members in one body and all members have not the same office
Some have a job of faith only, some have a job of faith and law. Those who have received faith only can not under stand those who have received faith and law, Just as those who have received faith and law can not understand those who have faith only. But instead of trying to tell each other what is wrong with what they have received and judging whether it is in the word or not, We should all accept what we read as what God wants for us, right now. That is what my truth is.
Romans 12:5 So we being many are one body in Christ and every one members one of another.

Romans 12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us whether prophecy let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith
God tells us right here, He has given us DIFFERENTLY, so we should not be expecting the same of each other.
Romans 12:7 Or ministry let us wait on our ministering or he that teacheth on teaching
There are some for ministry, (faith only) and teaching, faith followed with law
Romans 12:8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation he that giveth let him do it with simplicity he that ruleth, with diligence he that sheweth mercy with cheerfulness.
Just as these are different, we need to ACCEPT, not JUDGE, as to what gifts are the correct and true gifts and which ones aren't'
Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation Abhor that which is evil cleave to that which is good.
This is what we should be doing, not fighting each other, but fighting evil
Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love in honour preferring one another
WE
Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business fervent in spirit serving the Lord
NEED
Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope patient in tribulation continuing instant in prayer
TO
Romans 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints given to hospitality.
BE
Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
NICER
Romans 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
AND MORE LOVING
Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits
TO EACH OTHER.
Romans 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil Provide things honest in the sight of all men
WE NEED TO LISTEN TO GOD'S WORD

Aug 17, 2019
For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. Hebrews 7:12

Yet I am writing you a new command; its truth is seen in him and you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining. 1 John 2:8

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load. Galatians 6:2-5

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and Walk in Love.

God is good and His Love endures forever. Amen

Jan 12, 2019
Did you know there is no more "ministry of death" because those laws were divorced, and New Laws brought in but if you read Matt 5, basically same laws, just with the heart and mind put in with them. As in don't just "not kill" but don't think about killing and if you do go work it out. So Gods Commandments were made more intense and became a part of the NEW Covenant
I guess you are unaware of what Paul called the law that was "engraved in stones".

PS

Jan 11, 2013
No one is slandering you Post Human. You just seem kind of cynical and your tone isn't very friendly to be honest. I am trying to be friendly am I not? People are just being nice because they are actually respectful nice people (thought of that?) Plenty disagree with me and I have no problem with healthy debate.

If I agreed with you would you call that flattery too? Look maybe if you put your replies like the others do, the thread would get somewhere. And Yahshua quoting Luke 1.6 kjv is not slandering you. How can it be really be slander when its Gods Word he is quoting on the LAW.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Jewish proselytes to realise that preaching to Gentile Christians is a total waste of time and effort.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
(James 2:10)
If someone treats another with less respect than they would themselves, they have broken the law of love thy neighbor. If they are willing to break that law, then are they willing to break any law. The law is written within us all, and all sin, so all break the law. The difference as close as I can come, because no one will come right out and list it all out so I must continue to guess at it, (which I always get wrong for one person some part but at the same time they will not list it all out either). So, from what I can gather, and if it is to be disputed hopefully it will be disputed by the giving of a full explanation so I might quit getting it wrong, comes down to
Group 1 upon baptism, repent for being a sinner, believe they are forgiven not only for all past sins, but all future sins as well, so they will never come to repentance again, and at that time they receive the spirit, who guides them in all thought and direction as they rest from their heavy burdens, they never need to read the Bible again, and are never to feel bad because they have been made righteous through Jesus. They have been made perfect and are guaranteed salvation no matter what path they choose. Those not choosing the right path, are not "demoted" per say, but they just become the " never really were saved" and apparently find this out on judgment day but really just lost what they had though the wording is different, same result almost except for the fact that some don't know they "weren't really" while the others know "they really can lose it" but same outcome, not good.
Group 2 upon baptism is repentance for past sins, must repent for all future sins, receive the spirit, who guides but doesn't "do it all for them" must read, study, and seek, (not for salvation) and work (not to be made righteous) or salvation, salvation guaranteed for those who stay on the path, lost for those who walk away on their own free will as God will not be mocked. Very briefly, leaving out many facts.

I guess you are unaware of what Paul called the law that was "engraved in stones".
I am aware of both the old and the new, and how the New not only took the place of the old, but in the bringing about of it, it got rid of the death and bondage to sin, and replaced it with the love of our Lord, the risen life in Christ over the death in sin, and forgiveness for our sins when we break the law of the kingdom through repentance and are washed clean through the blood of our now High priest, so we may go directly to God ourselves.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
If someone treats another with less respect than they would themselves, they have broken the law of love thy neighbor. If they are willing to break that law, then are they willing to break any law. The law is written within us all, and all sin, so all break the law. The difference as close as I can come, because no one will come right out and list it all out so I must continue to guess at it, (which I always get wrong for one person some part but at the same time they will not list it all out either). So, from what I can gather, and if it is to be disputed hopefully it will be disputed by the giving of a full explanation so I might quit getting it wrong, comes down to
Group 1 upon baptism, repent for being a sinner, believe they are forgiven not only for all past sins, but all future sins as well, so they will never come to repentance again, and at that time they receive the spirit, who guides them in all thought and direction as they rest from their heavy burdens, they never need to read the Bible again, and are never to feel bad because they have been made righteous through Jesus. They have been made perfect and are guaranteed salvation no matter what path they choose. Those not choosing the right path, are not "demoted" per say, but they just become the " never really were saved" and apparently find this out on judgment day but really just lost what they had though the wording is different, same result almost except for the fact that some don't know they "weren't really" while the others know "they really can lose it" but same outcome, not good.
Group 2 upon baptism is repentance for past sins, must repent for all future sins, receive the spirit, who guides but doesn't "do it all for them" must read, study, and seek, (not for salvation) and work (not to be made righteous) or salvation, salvation guaranteed for those who stay on the path, lost for those who walk away on their own free will as God will not be mocked. Very briefly, leaving out many facts.

I am aware of both the old and the new, and how the New not only took the place of the old, but in the bringing about of it, it got rid of the death and bondage to sin, and replaced it with the love of our Lord, the risen life in Christ over the death in sin, and forgiveness for our sins when we break the law of the kingdom through repentance and are washed clean through the blood of our now High priest, so we may go directly to God ourselves.
False teachers do not deserve respect. Do not take it personally, but it is a truth.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Jewish proselytes to realise that preaching to Gentile Christians is a total waste of time and effort.
Oh, It isn't "for them" but for those who just come to read, though they may never comment. This way, at least they are getting a "full feeling and picture from both sides". I am sure the light shines most bright.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
False teachers do not deserve respect. Do not take it personally, but it is a truth.
I don't. I take it as it comes through. Exactly as we are told it will, and it does.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Oh, It isn't "for them" but for those who just come to read, though they may never comment. This way, at least they are getting a "full feeling and picture from both sides". I am sure the light shines most bright.
Then they need to preach Jesus, NOT the law that condemns.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (Joh 8:12 KJV)

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Then they need to preach Jesus, NOT the law.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (Joh 8:12 KJV)

Because once someone has come to Jesus it is a sin to keep teaching salvation over and over again. Must go from milk to meat, you know. Can't stay a babe forever.

Hebrews 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hebrews 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Hebrews 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

Hebrews 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hebrews 6:9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Hebrews 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Because once someone has come to Jesus it is a sin to keep teaching salvation over and over again. Must go from milk to meat, you know. Can't stay a babe forever.

Hebrews 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hebrews 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Hebrews 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

Hebrews 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hebrews 6:9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Hebrews 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Jesus is a stumbling stone to the teachers of the law.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Jesus is a stumbling stone to the teachers of the law.
He is a stumbling stone to those ignorant of His Word and to those who Judge Gods Servants. God is responsible for the measure He gives, so who is it being judged?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
He is a stumbling stone to those ignorant of His Word and to those who Judge Gods Servants. God is responsible for the measure He gives, so who is it being judged?
Jesus was a stumbling stone to the Jewish Pharisees and as Jesus is still a stumbling stone to the Jews that identifies them as belonging to the Pharisee cult.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Jesus was a stumbling stone to the Jewish Pharisees and as Jesus is still a stumbling stone to the Jews that identifies them as belonging to the Pharisee cult.
all the judeaizers do is use Jesus as a tool to point back to the Law.

to Christians, Jesus is everything, the all in all.

to judeaizers, He is a side dish, just a compliment to the Law.

sad.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019

sad.
Why does Jesus point to the Law himself all the time then?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Why does Jesus point to the Law himself all the time then?
Jesus points to Himself.

" I am the Door" " I am the way, the life" " whosoever believes in Me"

so, you see, on the Mount of Transfiguration , God the Father ( the truth of Trinity) came down and said, in the presence of Moses ( the Law) and Elijah ( the Prophets), and said of the Son " hear Him".

this elevates and seperates the words in red above all other Scripture.

PS

Jan 11, 2013

sad.
People only need to look at the crucified one.

Christ ended the law so that everyone who believes in him is made right with God.
(Rom 10:4 ERV)

With one sacrifice Christ made his people perfect forever. They are the ones who are being made holy. (Heb 10:14 ERV)

I mean the law was the guardian in charge of us until Christ came. After he came, we could be made right with God through faith. (Gal 3:24 ERV)

Brothers, understand what we are telling you. You can have forgiveness of your sins through this Jesus. The Law of Moses could not free you from your sins. But you can be made right with God if you believe in Jesus. (Act 13:38 ERV)

PS

Jan 11, 2013

sad.
As Jesus himself said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
they are on a hiding to nothing :

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
So when Jesus says this below, what LAW is he referring to do you think?

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
The same one in 2 Corinthians 3.

When the Lord says He came not to destroy the law but to fulfill, do you think He failed?