Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
trolling me is a waste of your time and mine. be better then that.
waste of time?

you said " this is my last post " 2 hours ago. yet, here you are, still responding.
I am sure posthuman is not trolling you, but , if in theory he was, it is going well.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
waste of time?

you said " this is my last post " 2 hours ago. yet, here you are, still responding.
I am sure posthuman is not trolling you, but , if in theory he was, it is going well.
Yeah, I`ve been a post addict today. What I said "was last post for now" and I did take a break for a bit.

I thought his last few questions were trollish since he wasn`t doing anything to prove his own positions or answer the challenge of my scriptures. Why ask questions that you aren`t really interested in considering the answer to?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Kind of a weird thing to say. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before.

Are there people out there that are ashamed of Moses?

I suppose they could be ashamed that he hit the rock with a staff instead of talking to it like God told him. But I wonder if I would have done better if I was in his position. Probably not.
Moses killed more people than Hitler did, yet the Ten Commandments say not to kill or murder which is premeditated killing. Everything Moses did was premeditated and Moses had the same god as Saul, until Saul met with Christ and became Paul. So who was the Lord of Moses and Saul?

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Moses killed more people than Hitler did, yet the Ten Commandments say not to kill or murder which is premeditated killing. Everything Moses did was premeditated and Moses had the same god as Saul, until Saul met with Christ and became Paul. So who was the Lord of Moses and Saul?
I know I`ll be sorry for asking but how you figure Moses killed more people then Hitler? o_O

PS

Jan 11, 2013
I know I`ll be sorry for asking but how you figure Moses killed more people then Hitler? o_O
Moses killed he nation of Caananites, his ancestors, and the Bible tells us he killed thousands. There is a figure for it somewhere. Suffice it to say, Moses was a murderer.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Moses killed he nation of Caananites, his ancestors, and the Bible tells us he killed thousands. There is a figure for it somewhere. Suffice it to say, Moses was a murderer.
Yes but Hitler was resposible for millions of deaths.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Yes but Hitler was resposible for millions of deaths.
Moses was the commander of the Egyptian army as well. I have no idea how many he killed while he was in that roll. Point being, his god told him to do it. Clearly the God of Moses and Saul before he became Paul was not the unchanging God and Father who I know and love.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Moses was the commander of the Egyptian army as well. I have no idea how many he killed while he was in that roll. Point being, his god told him to do it. Clearly the God of Moses and Saul before he became Paul was not the unchanging God and Father who I know and love.
Moses and Saul are both unlikely candidates for salvation and Biblical figures of similar statue. They are both examples of the depths of Gods mercy which is reason for you and I to have hope and trust in Jesus Christ.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Moses and Saul are both unlikely candidates for salvation and Biblical figures of similar statue. They are both examples of the depths of Gods mercy which is reason for you and I to have hope and trust in Jesus Christ.
So after Paul's conversion would you say he was still under the law?

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

(Rom 8:2 KJV)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
trolling me is a waste of your time and mine. be better then that.
quoting 1 Corinthians 10:4 to you, to establish that Christ is at work throughout time, isn't trolling.

All sin past,present and future was paid for at the cross.
you said it yourself: so if the atonement at the cross transcends time, and Christ Himself transcends time, is it unthinkable that His salvation also transcends time? past, present & future. you will find in the NT the believer 'has been saved' and 'is being saved' and 'shall be saved' -- by the Alpha & Omega who is, who was, and who is to come. God, who calls that which is not, as though it is.

Aug 17, 2019
this is actually, many people who do many great works in Christ's name.
many lawless evildoers doing many great works in His name, and boasting of the many great works they did in His name.
verse 22 goes with verse 23.
But the man who loves God is known by God. 1 Corinthians 8:3

Who loves God?

“If you love me, you will obey what I command. John 14:15

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 1 John 5:3

These people in Matthew 7:21-23 call Jesus Lord but do not love God.
He called them evildoers which makes it clear that no matter how great is one's faith for them to be able to prophesy, drive out demons, do miracles and to even move mountains but if they don't have love, they will be rejected and not be known by God. Even those in the church in Sardis were admonished and warned that if they do not wake up, repent and obey, He will come like a thief. (Revelations 3:3-6)
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” Matthew 25:46

Jesus is asking once more...

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? Luke 6:46

Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? Romans 6:16

“Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed.” Revelation 16:15

Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and Walk in Love.

God is good and His LOVE endures forever. Amen

Aug 17, 2019
And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Romans 13:11-14

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Romans 13:11-14
Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up, for even Christ did not please Himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult You have fallen on Me.” For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
(Romans 15:2-4)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Enoch.
Noah.
Job.
Abraham.
Isaac.
Jacob.

you think they didn't have the will or desire to be righteous? none of them had the law.

you should read Romans; it has a lot to say about faith.
Hi PH...
I have just finished the book of Romans , what an amazing book it is as all the bible...

My faith has been strengthened so much , it has drawn me closer to God , so many gems in there , and so many questioned I had that have been answered...

...xox...

E

eternally-gratefull

:rolleyes: This is my last post for now. I said the verse implies that faith doesn`t make the law void. The person I was posting too was misquoting or misunderstanding the verse.
You still have not answered. How does my faith in christ establish the law?

I have stated numerous time the law will be active as long as this world is alive, so lets not go there, just answer how my faith establishes the law

E

eternally-gratefull

You have to be filled with the Spirit

Romans 8
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
What is the law of sin and death?

E

eternally-gratefull

Yeah, I`ve been a post addict today. What I said "was last post for now" and I did take a break for a bit.

I thought his last few questions were trollish since he wasn`t doing anything to prove his own positions or answer the challenge of my scriptures. Why ask questions that you aren`t really interested in considering the answer to?
He also explained what he meant, “they both ate from the same spiritual rock”

So that is not trolling,

E

eternally-gratefull

Moses did not even enter the promised land.. he killed one egyptian,