Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Religious people who hate the commandments are full of false doctrine.
Thanks rick

You just red X'd a post where I proved the law brought the penalty of DEATH to all who does not obey every word.

and you say we HATE scripture:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Referring to religious people hating the commandments is a straw man argument. What about religious people who trust in their best efforts to obey the commandments as the basis or means of obtaining salvation instead of trusting in Christ alone for salvation? (Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9) It's those types of people who are full of false doctrine. Salvation is by grace through faith, not works (Ephesians 2:8,9) and is not by "grace plus law, faith plus works."

E

eternally-gratefull

Referring to religious people hating the commandments is a straw man argument. What about religious people who trust in their best efforts to obey the commandments as the basis or means of obtaining salvation instead of trusting in Christ alone for salvation? (Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9) It's those types of people who are full of false doctrine. Salvation is by grace through faith, not works (Ephesians 2:8,9) and is not by "grace plus law, faith plus works."
Well he says he is not trusting in them for salvation. so not gonna judge him for that, but we have heard this before and found out that it was not the case.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Very few Christians believe in works for salvation. It`s always an argument about whether or not it`s ok to sin and whether works have any value or importance.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks rick

You just red X'd a post where I proved the law brought the penalty of DEATH to all who does not obey every word.

and you say we HATE scripture:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
The only thing you proved is that you don`t understand what the law of sin and death is.

E

eternally-gratefull

The only thing you proved is that you don`t understand what the law of sin and death is.
Actually yeah I do, And I proved it

The LAW of moses shows us what sin is (the law of sin)

the LAW of moses shows us what the judgment is for all who do not obey every word (The law of DEATH)

Paul also calls it the ministration of death written on stone.

2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,

The law of moses was the ministration by which death was threatened to all who do not obey it, ie, the ministration or law of sin and death.

And ps. in context here, paul is refering to JUST THE TEN COMANDS, Not the whole law..

So yeah, I know exactly what it is,

E

eternally-gratefull

Very few Christians believe in works for salvation. It`s always an argument about whether or not it`s ok to sin and whether works have any value or importance.
not true, Many here preach works for salvation. They may deny it, but in their words, the proclaim our work is what maintains salvation.

You need to get out more, and or read more of what people say, There are very few who actualy entrust in a grace alone based salvation through faith.

works and sin is not the issue, True faith is the issue, If true faith occures, works and sin will work themselves out (sin will decrease while works will be accomplished)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Well he says he is not trusting in them for salvation. so not gonna judge him for that, but we have heard this before and found out that it was not the case.
When LoveGodForever was still a member of Christian Chat, all he talked about was the Sabbath, the 10 Commandments, the Law etc.. (and made numerous threads in regards to the Sabbath, the 10 Commandments, the Law) and even once made this statement below:

The counterfeit Gospel is out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ.

When I called him out on teaching salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works," he denied it and said I misunderstood him, but he was not fooling me and I could see right through his sugar coated double talk. I'm not judging everyone in this thread who disagrees with us as teaching salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works," but like you said, heard this before and found out that it was not the case.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
As I started to read your reply, I thought, thank God Grandpa is so blind, it is so helpful to put everything into perspective and I am learning so much along the way. But you know where that led me? That would mean the ones calling us Judaizers and legalists are the ones currently blinded by God and are of Judah so they can't see and they are truly judging themselves with every judgment pronounced upon us, while we are coming to knowledge of the kingdom of God, as whomsoever would. So my questions are, many. But for right now, those who are currently blinded, will they possibly be the 144,000 that come back to God, when the Holy Spirit speaks through Gods Elect during the millennium in your opinion?
Isaiah 66
4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

As can be seen in Isaiah, "delusion" is nothing new! Doesn't mean, "there is nothing to "see" here!"
But, is very "indicative", that by the Lord's choosing their delusion/s? That the "delusion itself changes", from believer to believer. Or, from denomination to denomination, or nation to nation, or whatever kind/type/level of government, or "religion" one wishes to "place" over them, or "feel accountable to."

The "simple" answer, I guess, would be just to not "accept" the "delusion." But, that would require one in the confronting of one's own fear/s! But, even that takes "effort/s of faith." But, that can't be! Can it? Because salvation is a gift! The Holy Spirit? Is a gift!
But, what good is a gift, if one never opens it! Or, by reason of the enemies of God, and Christ, only strategically opens "the gift" in such a way, as to only revealing certain parts!
Does this mean only "partial salvation?" God FORBID! Does this mean saved "eternally?"
Should the "Great White throne Judgement", be in our rear view mirror, so to speak? Then, with confidence, I can say YES! SAVED ETERNALLY! If not? THEN WHAT!??!
Does this mean "partial INHERITANCE?" That is more likely the case!
Problems/delusions arise, when those one/s having "partial" inheritance, run around claiming "they have it ALL!" (MYSELF INCLUDED!)

E

eternally-gratefull

When LoveGodForever was still a member of Christian Chat, all he talked about was the Sabbath, the 10 Commandments, the Law etc.. (and made numerous threads in regards to the Sabbath, the 10 Commandments, the Law) and even once made this statement below:

The counterfeit Gospel is out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ.

When I called him out on teaching salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works," he denied it and said I misunderstood him, but he was not fooling me and I could see right through his sugar coated double talk. I'm not judging everyone in this thread who disagrees with us as teaching salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works," but like you said, heard this before and found out that it was not the case.
If this is the case, it will come through, It always does. If it does not praise God, But sadly experience shows this not to be the case.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
not true, Many here preach works for salvation. They may deny it, but in their words, the proclaim our work is what maintains salvation.

You need to get out more, and or read more of what people say, There are very few who actualy entrust in a grace alone based salvation through faith.

works and sin is not the issue, True faith is the issue, If true faith occures, works and sin will work themselves out (sin will decrease while works will be accomplished)
There are many people who teach works salvation (particularly, type 2 works salvation, along with saved by "these" works and just not "those" works) and such people don't even seem to realize they are teaching works salvation.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
John 3:16, The cross. Something like that you were looking for?
John 3:16 most certainly.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,

How can people ignore such important and clear passages!

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
John 3:16 most certainly.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,

How can people ignore such important and clear passages!
I was told I put myself under the law for pasting scripture that says love is fulment of the law, that`s how a lot of this started o_O

PS

Jan 11, 2013
This is the Law of sin and death.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

In Romans 7 Paul declares man`s fallen nature to be the law of sin and death.
Religeous people who hate the commandments are full of false doctrine.
Paul is very aware of his sinful Adam nature and says, "What a miserable person I am. Who will rescue me from this body that is doomed to die?" (The law of death)

Then he cries out in praise:
Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me. So with my mind I serve the Law of God (Jesus Christ), although my selfish desires make me serve the law of sin (Old Testament law). (Rom 7:24-25 CEV)

PS

Jan 11, 2013
I was told I put myself under the law for pasting scripture that says love is fulment of the law, that`s how a lot of this started o_O
Sad.
Fulfilling the Law Through Love
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore
love is the fulfilling of the law.

(Rom 13:8-10 KJV)

E

eternally-gratefull

There are many people who teach works salvation (particularly, type 2 works salvation, along with saved by "these" works and just not "those" works) and such people don't even seem to realize they are teaching works salvation.
I think they know it, they just do not want to admit it, Because it would prove us right.

E

eternally-gratefull

nah, Its just what you think that passage MEANS that got alot of this started.

We love scripture. and we agree, Love fulfills the law

That does not tell us to FOLLOW the law though, It tells us HOW to live our lives in a way that by NATURE will not break the law

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Paul is very aware of his sinful Adam nature and says, "What a miserable person I am. Who will rescue me from this body that is doomed to die?" (The law of death)

Then he cries out in praise:
Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me. So with my mind I serve the Law of God (Jesus Christ), although my selfish desires make me serve the law of sin (Old Testament law). (Rom 7:24-25 CEV)
You have a good heart PS. Please consider verse 22-23 carefully. It`s plain as day if you can look at it without your preconcieved beliefs.
Just put those down for a couple of minutes.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

The Law of God is a delight to Paul in verse 22.
The Law of sin is in his members (his body) verse 23, the death is sin itself (ie wages of sin), his flesh man nature and his sin is the law of sin and death.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Very few Christians believe in works for salvation.
I wish that were the case. It’s extremely sad how many people here on CC believe and push works salvation. They believe their works maintains their salvation. They lack faith in Jesus and don’t trust the fullness of His death and Resurrection.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
I wish that were the case. It’s extremely sad how many people here on CC believe and push works salvation. They believe their works maintains their salvation. They lack faith in Jesus and don’t trust the fullness of His death and Resurrection.
Ok, so setting aside the issue of salvation,it`s a done deal. Tell me what you think about works.