Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Luke 24:44-46, “And He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all have to be fulfilled that were written in the Law, the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me. Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, “Thus it has been written, and so it was necessary for the Messiah to suffer and to rise again from the dead the third day.”

again not ALL is fulfilled. He 2nd coming remains. It is written in the "Law, the Prophets and the Psalms"

Matthew 5:17-18, " 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

During His walk on earth, Jesus taught obedience to the law of Moses and said not one tittle would be removed from it until ALL had been fulfilled.

You claim ALL has not yet been fulfilled and therefore you believe Christians are supposed to continue keeping the law of Moses. But if ALL has not yet been fulfilled we cannot fail to keep any of the ordinances (not one tittle will be removed from the Law). You honestly admit that you don't keep all the Mitzvot and I praise you for that, but let's see what Jesus said about people who don't keep the whole Law:

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now let's see what James said:

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Now Paul:

Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.

See? The law of Moses is an all or nothing thing.
You isolate the word, only selecting idea that support your view.

1 John 1:8-10, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Luke 8:21 And He answering, said to them, “My mother and My brothers are those who are hearing the Word of God and doing it.”

Matthew 10:37-39, “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 “And he who does not take up his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 “He who has found his life shall lose it, and he that has lost his life for My sake shall find it.”

Revelation 22:14-15, " 14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Now let's see what James said: For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
YOu are using this as a reson to not follow, the text says to follow;

Now let's see what James said:

James 1:22-25, “And become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. Because if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror, for he looks at himself, and goes away, and immediately forgets what he was like. But he that looked into the perfect Law of liberty, and continues in it, not becoming a hearer that forgets, but a doer of work, this one shall be blessed in his doing.”

James 2:8-12, “If you truly accomplish the sovereign Law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself, (Lev 19:18) you do well, but if you show partiality, you commit sin, being found guilty by the Law as transgressors. For whoever shall guard all the Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” (Exo 20:14) also said, “Do not murder.” (Exo 20:13) Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of Law. So speak and so do as those who are to be judged by the Law of liberty.”

Now Paul: Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. See? The law of Moses is an all or nothing thing.
Romans 2:12, “For as many as have sinned without the Law, will also perish without the Law, and as many as have sinned in the Law, will be judged by the Law.”

Romans 6:1-2, "What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?"

Romans 7:7, Shall we therefore say that the Law is sin? No! By no means! But to the contrary, I did not know sin; transgression of the Law, except through the Law, for I did not know lust, unless the Law had said: Do not covet."

Romans 7:12, "Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous."

Romans 2:12, “For as many as have sinned without the Law, will also perish without the Law, and as many as have sinned in the Law, will be judged by the Law.”

1 Corinthians 7:19 For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of God.

E

eternally-gratefull

Is it ok to focus on what the Father and Jesus tell us we MUST do?
If we are going by this, and what god says we MUST do concerning the law, then you MUST be perfect.

good luck with that

E

eternally-gratefull

Very astute observations, EG!
But, it's not self performance. Tis self obedience!

A person "focused on others", is "picking at splinters" in others, while "swallowing camels" themselves. Relying on faith, love, and grace, to "cover" their "coming up short" of "the law."

A person "focused on law" IS worried about how well they are "following/adhering" TO "the law", considering the Holy "Government" of God, they find themselves in the presence of. Not for the sake OF salvation however!
But, for the "sake" of (a) "Joint Heirness" WITH Christ, and not IN Christ!
(where grace abounds).
IOW? Becoming a "fellow Priest" in "the Holy Priethood."
Nope

its self righteousness, your trying to obey a law by your own power unable to even fulfill its requirement.

instead of doing what god commands and set your mind on the things above and love others (the law of love)

you need to study Galatians, paul laid it all out for you

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
If we are going by this, and what god says we MUST do concerning the law, then you MUST be perfect.

good luck with that
Well you did not answer my question.

Also to comment on what you did say, God also made way for forgiveness in the same law.

1 John 1:8-10, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

1 Peter 1:18-21, " 18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

And Jesus also says to be perfect/complete so is that null and void too because we are not perect in the flesh?

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Nope

its self righteousness, your trying to obey a law by your own power unable to even fulfill its requirement.

instead of doing what god commands and set your mind on the things above and love others (the law of love)

What if God wrote the law on the heart and mind?

Hebrews 10:16-17, " 16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,” 17 then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

Is it still "self righteousness?"

and hwhere does this fit into that thought?

1 John 3:7, "Little children, let no man deceive you; he who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

and why did he say "let no man deceive you" unless there were lies about this topic?

Just remeber what Jesus said:

John 5:28-30, " 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment. 30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

say this here and get called all kinds of names tho.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019

Galatians 2:4-14, " 4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5 to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you. 6 And from those who seemed to be influential (what they were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)—those, I say, who seemed influential added nothing to me. 7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised 8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), 9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. 10 Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do. 11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. 13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Revelation 21:10-14, " 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed— 13 on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

E

eternally-gratefull

Well you did not answer my question.
i did answer your question

if we are going to do what god commands concerning the lay you must be perfect, that is the standard god commands.

Also to comment on what you did say, God also made way for forgiveness in the same law.

1 Peter 1:18-21, " 18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

And Jesus also says to be perfect/complete so is that null and void too because we are not perect in the flesh?
are you talking about being obedient or following the law

two different things my friend, following the law requires perfection

E

eternally-gratefull

What if God wrote the law on the heart and mind?

Hebrews 10:16-17, " 16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,” 17 then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

Is it still "self righteousness?"

and hwhere does this fit into that thought?

1 John 3:7, "Little children, let no man deceive you; he who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

and why did he say "let no man deceive you" unless there were lies about this topic?

Just remeber what Jesus said:

John 5:28-30, " 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment. 30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

say this here and get called all kinds of names tho.
god did not write the ministration of death on your mind

how many times does that need said

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019

if we are going to do what god commands concerning the lay you must be perfect, that is the standard god commands.

That actually did not answer my question:

SO is the other option of "if we are going to do what god commands" to not do what God commands? Ahh thats why ppl have to thhrow out His commandments!

You are brilliant! SO simple!

Just like this!

Matthew 6:24"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Finally Im talking about being obedient to what the Father and Jesus say, explained in the law and showing in action by Jesus, the sinless one, that is He never broke the law and is the perfect exxample of how to walk!

E

eternally-gratefull

Galatians 2:4-14, " 4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5 to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you. 6 And from those who seemed to be influential (what they were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)—those, I say, who seemed influential added nothing to me. 7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised 8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), 9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. 10 Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do. 11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. 13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”
Gal 3: O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you [a]that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed [b]among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so [c]many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do itby the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

The Law Brings a Curse
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed iseveryone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is [d]justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Purpose of the Law
19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. 22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, [f]kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our [g]tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
god did not write the ministration of death on your mind

how many times does that need said
lol!

Romans 7:12-14, “So that the Law truly is holy, and the command holy, and righteous, and good. Therefore, has that which is good become death to me? Let it not be! But the sin, that sin might be manifest, was working death in me through what is good, so that sin through the command might become an exceedingly great sinner. For we know that the Law is Spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin."

2 Corinthians 3:7-8, “But if the administering of death in letters, engraved on stones, was esteemed, so that the children of Israel were unable to look steadily at the face of Moses because of the esteem of his face, which was passing away, how much more esteemed shall the administering of the Spirit not be?”

Jeremiah 31:31-33, " 31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the LORD. 33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

that word is law, commands, instruction, torah.

E

eternally-gratefull

That actually did not answer my question:
Why do people make things somdifficult?

you asked, is it not ok to do what god commands

my answer was, if your going to follow the law, because you think god commands it, you better be perfect.

SO is the other option of "if we are going to do what god commands" to not do what God commands? Ahh thats why ppl have to thhrow out His commandments!

You are brilliant! SO simple!

Just like this!

Matthew 6:24
New International Version
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
who said anything about throwing out commands?

i spoke of the requirement of the law, perfection can you fullfill that requirement?

dude, be careful you are approaching bearing false witness

E

eternally-gratefull

lol!

Romans 7:12-14, “So that the Law truly is holy, and the command holy, and righteous, and good. Therefore, has that which is good become death to me? Let it not be! But the sin, that sin might be manifest, was working death in me through what is good, so that sin through the command might become an exceedingly great sinner. For we know that the Law is Spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin."

2 Corinthians 3:7-8, “But if the administering of death in letters, engraved on stones, was esteemed, so that the children of Israel were unable to look steadily at the face of Moses because of the esteem of his face, which was passing away, how much more esteemed shall the administering of the Spirit not be?”

Jeremiah 31:31-33, " 31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the LORD. 33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Thanks you just proved my point,

the word law has many meanings

the particular law we are discussing are he commands engraven in stone

they minister death to whoever does not obey every word perfectly

god does not write those laws on your heart.

again you need to study Galatians, where paul was refuting judiasers who claimed we must go back to the law

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Gal 3: O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you [a]that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed [b]among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so [c]many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do itby the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.
Romans 14:9, "For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living."

Luke 20:38, "Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for all live to him.”

Acts 21:25, “But as for the Gentiles who have believed, we have sent a letter with our judgment that they should abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

1 Corinthians 10:25, “Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience.”

Revelation 2:14, "But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality."

Revelation 14:12-13, " 12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. 13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

The Law Brings a Curse
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed iseveryone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is [d]justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Is that selective quoting? Law brings a curse? well the nest verses say it brings a blessing!

Deuteronomy 28:1-6, " 1 “And if you faithfully obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God. 3 Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. 4 Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. 5 Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. 6 Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.

and lets look at the curse it brings?

Deuteronomy 27:15-26, " 15 Cursed is the man who makes a carved or moulded image, an abomination to יהוה, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and sets it up in secret.’ And all the people shall answer and say, ‘Amĕn!’ 16 Cursed is he who makes light of his father or his mother.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 17 Cursed is he who moves his neighbour’s boundary.’ And all the people shall say, ’Amĕn!’ 18 Cursed is he who misleads the blind in the way.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 19 Cursed is he who twists the right-ruling of the stranger, the fatherless, and widow.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 20 Cursed is he who lies with his father’s wife, because he has uncovered his father’s bed.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 21 Cursed is he who lies with any beast.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 22 Cursed is he who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 23 Cursed is he who lies with his mother-in-law.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 24 Cursed is he who strikes his neighbour secretly.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 25 Cursed is he who takes a bribe to strike an innocent being.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’ 26 Cursed is he who does not establish the Words of this Torah.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amĕn!’

why because when people do evil it has effect on those around them.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Purpose of the Law
19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. 22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, [f]kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our [g]tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
1 John 2:3-7, " 3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked. 7 Beloved, I am writing you no new commandment, but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard.

1 John 5:2-3, " 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

Matthew 22:37-40, " 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Revelation 21:10-14, " 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed— 13 on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

John 5:43, “I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow.”

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Why do people make things somdifficult?

you asked, is it not ok to do what god commands

my answer was, if your going to follow the law, because you think god commands it, you better be perfect.
But that is not what I asked:

who said anything about throwing out commands? i spoke of the requirement of the law, perfection can you fullfill that requirement? dude, be careful you are approaching bearing false witness
Do you believe the law is done away? and I never said you said that, I said basically it made something very clear to me, cant serve 2 masters at once.

With THIS QUESTION attached:

SO is the other option of "if we are going to do what god commands" to not do what God commands?

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Thanks you just proved my point,

the word law has many meanings

the particular law we are discussing are he commands engraven in stone

they minister death to whoever does not obey every word perfectly

god does not write those laws on your heart.

again you need to study Galatians, where paul was refuting judiasers who claimed we must go back to the law
funny.

Matthew 22:37-40, " 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Matthew 5:17-20, " 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Revelation 12:17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

Revelation 14:12-13, " 12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. 13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

Remember:

Matthew 24:9-12, " 9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

because 1223 dia: through, on account of, because of
Original Word: διά
Part of Speech: Preposition
Transliteration: dia
Phonetic Spelling: (dee-ah')
Definition: through, on account of, because of
Usage: (a) gen: through, throughout, by the instrumentality of, (b) acc: through, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of.

Definition of because

1 : for the reason that : since rested because he was tired
2 : the fact that : that the reason I haven't been fired is because my boss hasn't got round to it yet— E. B. White

Nov 21, 2017
I don't remember having said that you said that, but I am sure many law keepers say that animal sacrifice was replaced with the sacrifice of Jesus.
Actually the NT teaches that it was necessary for the priesthood laws to change because the priesthood changed. It is now under the order of Melchizedek and not the order of Aaron. Heb 7

Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Isn't this verse the same as saying that animal sacrifice was replaced by the sacrifice of Jesus, once and for all-meaning no more sacrificing was necessary?

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019

John 5:43, “I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow.”

Acts 3:22-23, " 22 Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you. 23 And it shall be that every soul who does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.’