Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Yes, but that was in Acts 10, after a very significant event has happened, the stoning of Stephen.

Before that, was the law of Moses still valid for all the Jews?

I mean, I can imagine Paul would not be persecuted so much by the Jews throughout the entire Acts account, if the resurrected Christ did tell the 11 before that.
Who would give counsel to God, was not chrost crucified because he was accused of breaking the law...blasphemy, sabbbath and all

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
But why do you think even the resurrected Christ did not tell his disciples before he ascended to heaven, "You no longer needed to keep the Law of Moses now that I have been crucified and resurrected?"
In addition;
1Co 2:8-10 ISV 8 None of the rulers of this world understood it, because if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But as it is written, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 10 But God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the deep things of God.

Jan 12, 2019
Who would give counsel to God, was not chrost crucified because he was accused of breaking the law...blasphemy, sabbbath and all
my Guess would be you are an acts 2, or classical dispensationalist.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
I do not know anything about dispensationalist...
Man...i google it and theres alot in it...but i still do not understand it...
As i understand it...there are jewish believers and gentiles believers all members of the Church...

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Wow, but you also share the view that Jesus was primarily preaching only to the Jews in the 4 gospels.

That is nice
What is the problem about it...name it what you like...i do not care as long as that is what i believe in.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
What is the problem about it...name it what you like...i do not care as long as that is what i believe in.
I am actually suprised. In some discussion..there are calling themselves christian but naming themselves as calvanist, darbyist...and other ist...its like when paul deals about baptism...1Co 1:12-13 KJV 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Jan 12, 2019
I am actually suprised. In some discussion..there are calling themselves christian but naming themselves as calvanist, darbyist...and other ist...its like when paul deals about baptism...1Co 1:12-13 KJV 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
For me, I like to understand where others are coming from, so that I can understand what they are peaching so much better 🤗

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Just needed to know the biblical truth...any gospel not in line with it are false...
Example:
I do not mind jews believing christian practicing the mosaic law, but i do mind if you impose the mosaic law to gentile believing christian. Except for the two laws God and neighbour the staying away from blood.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
If me doing that spiritual sacrifice is required for salvation

then we are saved by works, not by grace

as for working for god, or doing spiritual good as a saved person,

i never stated he would do it for me

so either way, you are out in left field,
1 Corinthians 10
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

E

eternally-gratefull

A child, who lives by grace does not think he or she stands, they stand in the power of christ, knowing that if christ was not there, they would fall.

as the prophet said, Lord i am a man with unclean lips, i stand before you u worthy.

until people realize their unworthiness, they will never understand grace, mercy or love, they will continue to think they stand on the law or their deeds or whatever they are standing on

it amazes me that those who think they stand, chasten another, who stands in christ alone.

NayborBear

A child, who lives by grace does not think he or she stands, they stand in the power of christ, knowing that if christ was not there, they would fall.

as the prophet said, Lord i am a man with unclean lips, i stand before you u worthy.

until people realize their unworthiness, they will never understand grace, mercy or love, they will continue to think they stand on the law or their deeds or whatever they are standing on

it amazes me that those who think they stand, chasten another, who stands in christ alone.
Know what amazes me? Are ones who stand in Christ alone, never having "picked up their cross" to "follow" Him. Where would Christ lead you to? To the Father, of course! ;)

E

eternally-gratefull

if they have not picked up their cross. are they standing in Christ?

Think about that one!

That's like saying you trust in your boss. Yet you gossip behind his back, You do everything you can to make you you never do a thing he wants unless it is word for word in company policy, ie... You walk the line of obeying the rules (law) which is given by the company, so you are seen as a good company man, And attack those who do not follow those rules You turn out to be one of those self righteous people who hates his boss, but wants the company to know how good he is.

do you really trust him?

You may BELIEVE he is the boss. But your faith in him is dead.

NayborBear

if they have not picked up their cross. are they standing in Christ?

Think about that one!

That's like saying you trust in your boss. Yet you gossip behind his back, You do everything you can to make you you never do a thing he wants unless it is word for word in company policy, ie... You walk the line of obeying the rules (law) which is given by the company, so you are seen as a good company man, And attack those who do not follow those rules You turn out to be one of those self righteous people who hates his boss, but wants the company to know how good he is.

do you really trust him?

You may BELIEVE he is the boss. But your faith in him is dead.
Now, who is posting lying and slanderous remarks, eh?
Just pointing this out to you. Tis not the first time either you've done this to me, or others.
Just letting you know, I can "handle" it. I don't go "running to daddy" in getting someone "banned" for "hitting too many nerves" either!
Jez so you know!
Something to be said concerning "people who live in glass houses". eh?

Standing is Christ is good! It honors the Father!
Honoring the Father, is NOT the same, as going onto the Father!
Think about THAT!
Jez wanted ya ta know that too!

E

eternally-gratefull

Some people just pretty much spout, with no substance, they think it is them against the world, the call out people when nothing is there.

thats why i will no longer directly be conversing with them.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

Jesus, while on Earth, taught obedience to the law of Moses. Do you guys, in your church, observe the following?

Season all your grain offerings with salt. Do not leave the salt of the covenant of your God out of your grain offerings; add salt to all your offerings. Leviticus 2:13 New International Version (NIV)