Did Jesus Have The Human Sinful Nature?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 6, 2018
That's the same thing as saying God had a sinful human nature . . . LOL! REALLY????
That is what happened. Nothing is wrong with that since God never sinned until He died, never gave into His sinfull nature therefore condemning sin in the flesh of sinful man. He conquered it!

Jan 6, 2018
Why would conception for Mary be any different that in other women? It takes seed and it takes an egg then conception. Mary had the egg - she was the vessel for God to place the "seed" and Jesus was conceived.
It is different because it was supernatural since God doesn't have sperm.

Feb 21, 2012
Then that would not be Mary's seed but would have been seed "placed" in her.
God put a perfect seed in the womb of Mary so that Jesus would be born without the sin nature that every other human being inherited from the First Adam. Therefore, Jesus is the only-begotten Son of God (John 3:16) and the Son of Man (John 5:27). Took part of flesh and blood that is the only thing he took part of . . . . If you do not have the perfect sacrifice - the Lamb of God - you have not been redeemed.

Jan 6, 2018
God put a perfect seed in the womb of Mary so that Jesus would be born without the sin nature that every other human being inherited from the First Adam. Therefore, Jesus is the only-begotten Son of God (John 3:16) and the Son of Man (John 5:27). Took part of flesh and blood that is the only thing he took part of . . . . If you do not have the perfect sacrifice - the Lamb of God - you have not been redeemed.
But your idea does not have Jesus be the son of man since He is not a descendant of anyone and therefore not the perfect sacrifice.

Feb 21, 2012
It is different because it was supernatural since God doesn't have sperm.
BUT God DID miraculously [supernaturally] place the "seed" in Mary to unite with her egg resulting in the conception of the Son of God - the way of a man and woman, the way of conception didn't change just because God had to provide Mary's body with the "seed".

P

pjharrison

Yes, God said He would put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and "her seed". . . . as has been said repeatedly women do not carry seed . . . therefore, the "seed" was placed in Mary miraculously by THE Holy Spirit . . . the "seed" came from God.
For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.
Hebrews 2:17 NIV This time this birth was called the seed of the woman, because it was a virgin birth, which stood out from all other births, which only included the woman. Jesus was born of the flesh of Mary which contained the sin nature of Adam. He had to have that same nature but not sin, So that he could take it and nail it to the cross.

Jan 6, 2018
BUT God DID miraculously [supernaturally] place the "seed" in Mary to unite with her egg resulting in the conception of the Son of God - the way of a man and woman, the way of conception didn't change just because God had to provide Mary's body with the "seed".
You are as bad as the Muslims and Atheists at this. The Bible says it was the seed of the woman that the Christ would come from. Now go ahead and ignore the Bible but I won't.

Feb 21, 2012
For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.
Hebrews 2:17 NIV This time this birth was called the seed of the woman, because it was a virgin birth, which stood out from all other births, which only included the woman. Jesus was born of the flesh of Mary which contained the sin nature of Adam. He had to have that same nature but not sin, So that he could take it and nail it to the cross.
Yea, I see that you have picked up using DB's interpretations - the ones he/she chooses to use. Hebrews 2:14 says exactly what he partook of - flesh and blood.

Feb 21, 2012
You are as bad as the Muslims and Atheists at this. The Bible says it was the seed of the woman that the Christ would come from. Now go ahead and ignore the Bible but I won't.
Excuse me . . . Yes, the Bible says it was the seed of the woman. Logically, everyone knows that women do not carry the seed so the seed had to come from somewhere - she had never been with a man - so again, logically, the seed was miraculously placed inside Mary to unite with her egg. God does expect us to use some common sense - What you are saying is that Mary carried the seed, Mary carried the egg and they united and Jesus was conceived. Ain't how it happened!!!!!

Feb 21, 2012
Your idea is not Biblical because your Jesus is a descendant of nobody.
Again, my Jesus is born of God. My Jesus has God as his Father and Mary as his mother. My Jesus is a descendant of David via the body of Mary but the "seed" of God therefore NO fallen human nature. My Jesus was/is perfect in every way, no flaws whatsoever. My Jesus was the acceptable sacrifice to God for the remission of my sins.

Jan 6, 2018
Excuse me . . . Yes, the Bible says it was the seed of the woman. Logically, everyone knows that women do not carry the seed so the seed had to come from somewhere - she had never been with a man - so again, logically, the seed was miraculously placed inside Mary to unite with her egg. God does expect us to use some common sense - What you are saying is that Mary carried the seed, Mary carried the egg and they united and Jesus was conceived. Ain't how it happened!!!!!
God does not have His own semen so is lacking in common sense?

P

pjharrison

Yea, I see that you have picked up using DB's interpretations - the ones he/she chooses to use. Hebrews 2:14 says exactly what he partook of - flesh and blood.
Right. I understand now. I want to know the truth, if I am wrong I want God to show me the truth. I believe that God showed Devotion to Bible just the right verse to show me so that I would see the truth. It was this one Genesis 3:15 and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

P

pjharrison

Right. I understand now. I want to know the truth, if I am wrong I want God to show me the truth. I believe that God showed Devotion to Bible just the right verse to show me so that I would see the truth. It was this one Genesis 3:15 and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
See God made Adam out of the dust, but Jesus had to be human in every way, and still be God. So that means being born of the flesh. He probably even looked like Mary.

Sep 4, 2012
Since you guys are such experts, describe what the sin nature is and how it's passed from person to person.