Did Jesus Have The Human Sinful Nature?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
manuscripts = different Bible versions [CLV for koine Greek, CJB for Aramaic, Torah for actual Old Testament references, Tanakh for old Hebrew myths, and I use both Youngs and Strong's Concordances]...this does also include scholars and teachers manuscripts on specific topics...even preachers documentations.

my grandfather was what is known as a presbyter [means he over saw the churches in several states]. and he taught in 1940's/50's before becoming a full time evangelist. but he also did mid week bible studies within the churches of the Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ because no one had his depth and understanding of scripture.

he finally went independent so he could preach anywhere and have whomever preach in his own parsonage.
I studied under his tutelage for 20 years and then under my fathers.
sadly, both of the greatest men of God I have ever known are with God, and I am striving to be reunited!!
that is fine but none of that make what you are saying authoritative . Nor is it showing biblical context using what other far more knowledge then you or I and your relatives .

When one says Jesu had a sinful nature that is unbiblical and has been for more then a 1000 years. And the writings we do have and trust today DO not teach it or show it.
This kind of thinking is interjected into the word of God.

YOU will not find one verse , chapter, sentence , book where it states " Jesus sinned". Nor will you find anywhere in the bible were it says "Jesus had sinful nature". NO were.

IF it cannot be shown Biblically then for most certain it is not to be taken reasonably, humanistically, and possibly .
That is conjecture , and wrong.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Having the fallen adamic sin nature does not mean you have sin it means you have a nature that results in physical death.
having the word Sin connected with Jesus is error .

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
that is fine but none of that make what you are saying authoritative . Nor is it showing biblical context using what other far more knowledge then you or I and your relatives .

When one says Jesu had a sinful nature that is unbiblical and has been for more then a 1000 years. And the writings we do have and trust today DO not teach it or show it.
This kind of thinking is interjected into the word of God.

YOU will not find one verse , chapter, sentence , book where it states " Jesus sinned". Nor will you find anywhere in the bible were it says "Jesus had sinful nature". NO were.

IF it cannot be shown Biblically then for most certain it is not to be taken reasonably, humanistically, and possibly .
That is conjecture , and wrong.

I never claimed such a thing as Yeshua had a sin nature. my stance is He has always been 100% God and sinless. I did however input that He was tempted with what we are in order to show us how we can overcome temptation. but for the rest of your words, none of them apply to me since my opinion was not as you perceive.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Hank does very well in exposing this false teaching /cult and that is what is being said here the are subverting scriptures and they like to pervert Foundational truths of Gods word. The method

1. word manipulation
2. individual revelation that only they have
3. change bible doctrine to fit there understanding
4. Deny Christ , the trinity, and what the word of God teaches and has done so for thousands of years.

Jan 6, 2018

CS1

May 23, 2012
It is accurate because it is our nautre as a result of Adam' sin:

When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.
Romans 5:12 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/rom.5.12.NLT

Not Jesus. everyone but not Jesus . That is biblical Truth. I cannot take you serious if you hold to this error Jesus did not sin nor did HE or Does HE have sin or a sinful nature. And anyone who taught you this was in error.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Hank does very well in exposing this false teaching /cult and that is what is being said here the are subverting scriptures and they like to pervert Foundational truths of Gods word. The method

1. word manipulation
2. individual revelation that only they have
3. change bible doctrine to fit there understanding
4. Deny Christ , the trinity, and what the word of God teaches and has done so for thousands of years.
Can you not help but to weep for such lost persons? :( Even the blasphemers who are so insistent in their blasphemy. God see's them and knows their true heart. And they in turn likely do not consider this as they insist their beliefs are righteous recollections of true words of God.
And in the end, regardless of their getting personal and tossing pejoratives at people who hope to correct their error, they'll find they are too late in realizing those they held in contempt in such ways were right after all. And they after it all were dead wrong

Such a tragedy to behold word for word. Truly.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Can you not help but to weep for such lost persons? :( Even the blasphemers who are so insistent in their blasphemy. God see's them and knows their true heart. And they in turn likely do not consider this as they insist their beliefs are righteous recollections of true words of God.
And in the end, regardless of their getting personal and tossing pejoratives at people who hope to correct their error, they'll find they are too late in realizing those they held in contempt in such ways were right after all. And they after it all were dead wrong

Such a tragedy to behold word for word. Truly.
How dramatic... Sheesh. :)

Assuming DevotiontoBible has made Jesus Lord in his life, just because he believes Jesus had a sin nature does not mean he is destined for the fires of hell.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Amen! Jesus could not have been the appeasing sacrifice, what the scriptures tell us of him as being the propitiation (the action of propitiating or appeasing a god, spirit, or person) for our sins, if he were indeed sinful like us.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018

Assuming DevotiontoBible has made Jesus Lord in his life, just because he believes Jesus had a sin nature does not mean he is destined for the fires of hell.
More than once this has occurred and it remains puzzling.
Someone quotes a post I made and then make up their own thoughts to replace what were mine in print. And then they chastise what is actually themselves.
That's just weird.

Let me help you with this error. I never said DtB was entering the fires of Hell.
They misrepresent the truth of scripture. And you misrepresent the truth of my own words having quoted them first.

How dramatic indeed.

Jan 6, 2018
Not Jesus. everyone but not Jesus . That is biblical Truth. I cannot take you serious if you hold to this error Jesus did not sin nor did HE or Does HE have sin or a sinful nature. And anyone who taught you this was in error.
Adam committed the actual moral sin not you, me or Jesus. But since we were in his loins, in his genetic make up at the time, we all were involved in that sin, even Jesus, as far as our human nature is concerned. Having the sin nature is not a moral condition but a weakeness of being born human.

CS1

May 23, 2012

I do not think he was talking about DTB but was responding to my post .
No one has suggested anyone is not saved . But I did state who is teaching and accepts the idea that Jesus sinned or had sin is in error. That I did say and hold to it.

Jan 6, 2018
I do not think he was talking about DTB but was responding to my post .
No one has suggested anyone is not saved . But I did state who is teaching and accepts the idea that Jesus sinned or had sin is in error. That I did say and hold to it.
But I have never posted that Jesus sinned or had sin. Having the sin nature is a non moral condition all we humans are born with, including Jesus, as a result of Adam' sin.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Adam committed the actual moral sin not you, me or Jesus. But since we were in his loins, in his genetic make up at the time, we all were involved in that sin, even Jesus, as far as our human nature is concerned. Having the sin nature is not a moral condition but a weakeness of being born human.
Adam sinned and SO Did CS1 , that is why I need Jesus thank you very much. Yes you and I did commit Moral sin LOl have you ever lied ? YES you have Bingo that was a Moral sin. Your above is not Biblical you are very much in error and you really need to think about what your saying . The Scriptures have been given
John 3:16 is very clear God so Loved HE gave Jesus for us because we have sinned. Jesus was without spot or blemish. Just as God required for a sacrifice for sin .

CS1

May 23, 2012
But I have never posted that Jesus sinned or had sin. Having the sin nature is a non moral condition all we humans are born with, including Jesus, as a result of Adam' sin.
Jesus did not have a sinful nature He had a Devine Nature HE was not created HE is eternal . He is all knowing , all powerful, He is Holy, he is to be worshiped , he is Coming back again. HE is God and HE is without sin.

Jul 10, 2018
Chuckyz2

when you say :

He saw the disciple by the tree before He met Him.
You really don't know just how powerful Jesus is, do You?

that comment is not is not edifying if you did not know.

And No I never said HE Jesus wasn't all powerful, and yes I did not say HE has God with Him Always, I said HE IS God and HE and the Father are ONE face to face.
I never said anything insulting. Yet you insult me by saying I did. It is you lack of understanding what I said that made you feel insulted. Calling my comments insulting, when they are not, is not edifying. Sorry you can not understand the meaning of my comments. It was you that said Jesus wasn't all powerful anymore when He took on the flesh. Jesus is all powerful. So by you saying He isn't and me saying you really don't know how powerful He is, well that is me stating a fact. If it offends you, Im sorry. That is on you. Not me. Because you really must not know or you would concede your error instead of bashing me for saying the truth.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I never said anything insulting. Yet you insult me by saying I did. It is you lack of understanding what I said that made you feel insulted. Calling my comments insulting, when they are not, is not edifying. Sorry you can not understand the meaning of my comments. It was you that said Jesus wasn't all powerful anymore when He took on the flesh. Jesus is all powerful. So by you saying He isn't and me saying you really don't know how powerful He is, well that is me stating a fact. If it offends you, Im sorry. That is on you. Not me. Because you really must not know or you would concede your error instead of bashing me for saying the truth.
ok if you did not I take you at your word however, the comment I saw seemed that way to me if you say you did not ok. I have not bashed you . But I will not move way from the error of teaching Jesus sinned or had sinful nature . That is unbiblical . You can believe it all you want I am not saying you are not saved , I am saying this teaching is not Biblical and error and founded in denial of the deity of Christ. You have been told this . What you do with it is up to you.

Jul 10, 2018
Jesus was not born with Adams sinful nature.
Jesus never sinned. Never considered sinning, Never struggled with sin. Even for a second. That proves that He was not born with a sinful nature.
What sinful nature is:
Being born into a world that Satan rules without the Spirit of God being with you always as He was with Jesus. Because as Jesus said in the Book of John.
If you sin, the devil is your master.

Jul 10, 2018
ok if you did not I take you at your word however, the comment I saw seemed that way to me if you say you did not ok. I have not bashed you . But I will not move way from the error of teaching Jesus sinned or had sinful nature . That is unbiblical . You can believe it all you want I am not saying you are not saved , I am saying this teaching is not Biblical and error and founded in denial of the deity of Christ. You have been told this . What you do with it is up to you.
I never said Jesus sinned or had a sinful nature. I know He didn't and have been posting comments that He didn't. Not sure where that came from. I think you have confused me with someone else.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Romans 1:20 Expanded Bible
20 For since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and ·all the things that make him God [his divine nature]—have been clearly ·seen [perceived], understood through what God has made. So people have no excuse.

Luke 1
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. 31 And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 34 And Mary said unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee: wherefore also the holy thing which is begotten shall be called the Son of God.

Matthew 1
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. 19 And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But when he thought on these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she shall bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus; for it is he that shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this is come to pass, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying,23 Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son,And they shall call his name Immanuel;which is, being interpreted, God with us.

We know Immanuel could not have ever had a sin nature because a holy thing cannot have a sinful fallen nature.