Did Jesus Miss It?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
How does Gap theory deny the Authority of the Word of God ?
Well "dusts off old university knowledge"...gap theory is that there is a gap between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2?

I think the issue is that the dinosaurs (or whatever you would like to call them) were gone prior to the advent of man. This is an issue because death didn't enter into the world until sin did. So saying they had "died off" would be an issue.

Some professing Christ have erred concerning the faith believing false science that took them away from the truth of God, and this has to do with attributing nature to God.
Can you provide a little clarification. Excellent post otherwise. How is attributing nature to God a problem?

Equating nature to God I understand. Saying that nature is God or the "god of forces" as you put it (which is a great way to put it).

The invisible attributes of the Lord are seen in creation...that's scriptural. So that there is no excuse.

To clarify you mean equating nature to God yes?

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
When does the Bible say death entered the world?
It only talks about it in terms of Adam and Eve. It doesn`t address death as it applies to planet earth. It`s a trick question that doesn`t deal with the issues. i.e. the sin of the angels

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
It only talks about it in terms of Adam and Eve. It doesn`t address death as it applies to planet earth. It`s a trick question that doesn`t deal with the issues.
That is silly... With love... No tricks!!!

Is God's Word the Authority or not? Could death enter the world by animals? Think about it... How did knowledge from right and wrong inter the world? I can tell you are very smart, pray about it.....

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
That is silly... With love... No tricks!!!

Is God's Word the Authority or not? Could death enter the world by animals? Think about it... How did knowledge from right and wrong inter the world? I can tell you are very smart, pray about it.....
That`s not a very meaningful answer. The information in the Bible is scant.

One thing for sure, the angels pre date Adam and the Bible doesn`t tell us when the angelic rebellion occured.

And just when does the Bible say Adam was made?

In Genesis 1:27 the Bible says God made both men and women. This occurs after the animal creation Genesis 1:24-25

Then we have Genesis 2. God makes animals Genesis 2:19 after he made Adam Genesis 2:7 and well before he made Eve Genesis 2:22.

You have an entirely different sequence in Genesis 2.

What do you believe in? 6000 year old earth?

Let`s pray. Did Cain marry his sister?

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
That`s not a very meaningful answer. The information in the Bible is scant.

One thing for sure, the angels pre date Adam and the Bible doesn`t tell us when the angelic rebellion occured.

In Genesis 1:27 the Bible says God made both men and women. This occurs after the animal creation Genesis 1:24-25

Then we have Genesis 2. God makes animals Genesis 2:19 after he made Adam Genesis 2:7 and well before he made Eve Genesis 2:22.

You have an entirely different sequence in Genesis 2.

What do you believe in? 6000 year old earth?

Let`s pray.
Then you decided God's Word is not Authority... It is written as it is written and Jesus did say you believe in Moses also believe in Me....

Therefore it is between you and God in whom you shall believe...

Yes, I believe a 6,000 (about) years old Earth. I believe all 66 Books as written, even Genius.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Then you decided God's Word is not Authority... It is written as it is written and Jesus did say you believe in Moses also believe in Me....

Therefore it is between you and God in whom you shall believe...

Yes, I believe a 6,000 (about) years old Earth. I believe all 66 Books as written, even Genius.
That`s a false accusation. I believe in the Bible. Seems like you are ducking me :) You say you believe then answer my Genisis challenge if you can. I can do it.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
That`s a false accusation. I believe in the Bible. Seems like you are ducking me :) You say you believe then answer my Genisis challenge if you can. I can do it.
I'm sorry... How am I ducking you.... I think there was a 6 day creation you think there was a gap. I believe Genesis 1 as literal 6 days 7th God rested not space in between.

Out of my stupidity please explain how you think Moses was wrong and misled us and there was really a gap!?! Was Messiah wrong in what He said and somewhere in Scripture there is a "gap" about Him too!?!

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
I'm sorry... How am I ducking you.... I think there was a 6 day creation you think there was a gap. I believe Genesis 1 as literal 6 days 7th God rested not space in between.

Out of my stupidity please explain how you think Moses was wrong and misled us and there was really a gap!?! Was Messiah wrong in what He said and somewhere in Scripture there is a "gap" about Him too!?!
Here is some of it again if it interests you enough address it if you can.

The angels pre date Adam and the Bible doesn`t tell us when the angelic rebellion occured.

And I never said Moses was wrong. I said Genesis and the other tidbits found in the Bible give incomplete information that is scant.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Genesis chapter 1 is an OVERVIEW, and it clearly states that God created Adam on the 6th day.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male [Adam included] and female [Eve included] created he them... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen 1:27,31).

Genesis chapter 2 is a detailed account of God's dealings with Adam and Eve.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Genesis chapter 1 is an OVERVIEW, and it clearly states that God created Adam on the 6th day.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male [Adam included] and female [Eve included] created he them... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen 1:27,31).
Ok, according to you God made other human beings at the same time He made Adam and Eve and Genesis chapter 2 must therefore contain errors.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Here is some of it again if it interests you enough address it if you can.

The angels pre date Adam and the Bible doesn`t tell us when the angelic rebellion occured.

And I never said Moses was wrong. I said Genesis and the other tidbits found in the Bible give incomplete information that is scant.
Your whole argument relies on angles/ fallen angels ... when did death enter the world according to Scripture?

Either God was wrong and man is right or God is right and man is wrong!?!

AH..... did sin enter the world before the Bible said it did?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Since we cannot replicate the "breath of life" except via procreation (and that as a programmed process) it stands to reason that we are quite limited in our ability to understand creation past the only important aspect I can see right this moment, it was by his will and power that it was created and it was created in sequence. Time is a construct that we reach a similar quandary. We are bound within it, and cannot realistically look past it...and the Lord is fully aware of our limitations. It seems unreasonable that he would use human terms that are easily understood to mean 24 hours to mean millions of years or billions.

In the end I don't really understand why it matters precisely. It is logical that a being with enough power to create the universe could theoretically boast by creating the illusion of the passage of time. Creating light in transit, creating things older than they are. I'm not sure if it'd be boasting necessarily but why that is hard to believe I'm not sure. Some people might say...it doesn't follow here is the evidence!

I would say that it doesn't follow that a 99 year old woman could conceive but...is anything too hard for the Lord?

Also @RickStudies if you have answers to your questions why don't you go ahead and post them? There's a bit too much debate about a lot of this stuff and I have studied it. Personally, it's a "wait and see" kind of thing. It doesn't seem critical to salvation although quite interesting, one can reach dead ends quickly depending on flesh/spirit.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Your whole argument relies on angles/ fallen angels ... when did death enter the world according to Scripture?

Either God was wrong and man is right or God is right and man is wrong!?!

AH..... did sin enter the world before the Bible said it did?
What I have done is present some facts that are clearly stated in the verses. You have yet to address any of it. In the case of the angels I could have provided scripture for that as well, I just didn`t take the time to look them up yet.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Ok, according to you God made other human beings at the same time He made Adam and Eve and Genesis chapter 2 must therefore contain errors.
I don't believe I said anything about God creating other human beings at the same time. "So God created man in his own image..." is applicable to mankind in general. That human beings are all created in the image of God (or resemble God). Then male and female is a reference to the FIRST MAN AND WOMAN -- Adam and Eve. And all human beings are descendants of Adam and Eve through Noah and his three sons.

THERE ARE NO ERRORS IN THE BIBLE -- PERIOD.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Since we cannot replicate the "breath of life" except via procreation (and that as a programmed process) it stands to reason that we are quite limited in our ability to understand creation past the only important aspect I can see right this moment, it was by his will and power that it was created and it was created in sequence. Time is a construct that we reach a similar quandary. We are bound within it, and cannot realistically look past it...and the Lord is fully aware of our limitations. It seems unreasonable that he would use human terms that are easily understood to mean 24 hours to mean millions of years or billions.

In the end I don't really understand why it matters precisely. It is logical that a being with enough power to create the universe could theoretically boast by creating the illusion of the passage of time. Creating light in transit, creating things older than they are. I'm not sure if it'd be boasting necessarily but why that is hard to believe I'm not sure. Some people might say...it doesn't follow here is the evidence!

I would say that it doesn't follow that a 99 year old woman could conceive but...is anything too hard for the Lord?

Also @RickStudies if you have answers to your questions why don't you go ahead and post them? There's a bit too much debate about a lot of this stuff and I have studied it. Personally, it's a "wait and see" kind of thing. It doesn't seem critical to salvation although quite interesting, one can reach dead ends quickly depending on flesh/spirit.
But we do understand why it matters... If I/ you were evolved then why do we need a God? If I/you were created just as the Bible says then creation matters because we have to give an answer....

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
What I have done is present some facts that are clearly stated in the verses. You have yet to address any of it. In the case of the angels I could have provided scripture for that as well, I just didn`t take the time to look them up yet.
I gave you Gensuince 1 as is and what Jesus said, John 5:46...
We are at an impasse maybe people should research for themselves.... of course angles pre-date Scripture.... You did not quote Scripture that death entered the world before sin.... it is not there.... with all love in Messiah....

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
I`ve written several dozen commentaries on various topics over the years. Mostly during my Yahoo days. I had a couple of Yahoo groups back when they were popular. Most message boards such as this one don`t allow lengthy articles to be pasted.
As things progress I may post other scriptures to strengthen my argument but will only post limited amounts of scripture and argument at a time.

As you assert it isn`t critical to salvation. Just something of interest to some. Due to limited scripture information speculation begins to become necessary at some point. To be upfront with you I have a well developed view of the creation and the Genesis account. It`s been a subject of study of mine for years.

My opinion is one that is both Biblical and deals with the things found in the fossil record but I would not call it more then a theory. In my opinion it`s naive to believe in a 6000 year old earth but I don`t think it`s possible for us to say how old it is.

I believe the 6 day creation begining at Genesis 1:2 is a repair job rather then the first time creation of earth.