Did Jesus Miss It?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
You might try posting in the blog section and putting a link in a relevant thread...people do bulk posting there.

I occasionally like reading bulk text but I do realize most internet denizens shy at more than a few paragraphs. I do appreciate well thought out theories.

Just don't expect much traffic.

@RickStudies

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
But we do understand why it matters... If I/ you were evolved then why do we need a God? If I/you were created just as the Bible says then creation matters because we have to give an answer....
Yes, but beyond the fact of creation...what more is necessary? I guess what I'm asking is what are you trying to pin down?

6 days as 6 days (24hrs)?

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Yes, but beyond the fact of creation...what more is necessary? I guess what I'm asking is what are you trying to pin down?

6 days as 6 days (24hrs)?
Great question! Even children are smart enough to say "You are not my Dad". And do as they will. It all really starts in Gensius. If I do not believe when death entered the world because of sin, why should I believe I need a Savior from it? If I cannot believe all Scripture is true, even Genius, how can I believe I need a man named Jesus/ God in the flesh to save me from sin... the wages of sin is death, according to Scripture, but if the NT is wrong too and death entered the world before sin what do we need Jesus fore!?!

I hope someone understands how important it is to believe the Word of God!!!

M

Miri

I think we need to put the original post into its proper context. It’s not a good
idea to take bible verses out of context and use them for own agendas. Just saying.

John 5:46 NKJV
[46] For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

Genesis 3:15 NLT
[15] And I will cause hostility between you and the woman, and between your
offspring and her offspring. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel."

Deuteronomy 18:15 NKJV
[15] "The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst,
from your brethren. Him you shall hear,

John 1:45 NLT
[45] Philip went to look for Nathanael and told him, "We have found the very person
Moses and the prophets wrote about! His name is Jesus, the son of Joseph from Nazareth."

Acts 26:22 NKJV
[22] Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come-

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The Bible says ''In the beginning god created the Heavens and the Earth'' If the Heavens were included in the literal six days how come
light from the stars and galaxies take so long to reach us. Light from the Sun takes eight minutes. Light from the nearest star takes four years and from galaxies it measures in millions. If you believe that this is all a lie then you have to believe that every Astronomer
is either a liar including Christian Astronomers or for some reason God is deliberately keeping them all in the dark.

The Bible is not a Science Manual the truth it contains is spiritually discerned and the facts included concern mankind's human condition and relationship between us and God. Jesus didn't walk around telling people about Dinosaurs Einsteins theory or DNA

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Do not believe evolution for it is only part of the deception going on in the end time.

The Bible says that creation testifies of a higher power, God, and of His attributes, which one of them is love, for He provided food, and the means to make clothing, and shelter, so the world is without excuse, and covers the 2 greatest laws love God, and love people.

There is a God who created all things and evolution is a joke.

For science to claim that the earth is this old, and claim to know the dates of when this dinosaur existed, and that dinosaur existed, and when these people existed, and this star is this far away, and the big bang happened this long ago, and the Hubble telescope can see 13.2 billion light years away, 77,597,854,926,023,622,047,244 miles, is a bunch of hogwash, although I feel like using a cussword instead.

And these people do not care and do not care that people are being hurt on the way to establish the New Age Christ's kingdom, and controlled conflict beings about controlled change, so what are they casualties of war.

For it is war but it is being done by a false peace plan, but the New Age Christ by peace shall destroy many when he gets control of the world, but it is the devil influencing the New Age Christ to deceive spiritually, and those he cannot deceive spiritually to destroy physically, for he will destroy the mighty and holy people.

And that is because it is time for God to stop the sin that goes on in the world, and put the wicked down, so He is going to give the world their way for a certain amount of time to cause all people that do not love Him to follow the New Age Christ then He will fight the world and punish them for their sins and iniquities against Him.

And people look at things from the surface and do not know the plan that is going on.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

The new age movement and their false interpretation of the Bible based on the occult, and evolution, which they believe people can still evolve to be greater and spiritual, and do not acknowledge a personal God, but honor the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power, the evolutionary process.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

When the nations come together and say Peace and safety as they try to establish peace on earth the new age movement will be the unified religious system with all religions interpreted the same according to the new age movement, and anything taught contrary will be a hate crime.

Which will be the time the world will only want to hear the Bible according to the new age movement.

The new age movement is the beginning of the end for the wicked, and will lead the world to the New Age Christ, all people who do not love God.

People say conspiracy this, and conspiracy that, and New Word Order, and one world government, but the new age movement is the agenda and the conspiracy.

For the powers that be, those that really run, and have the most influence, and influencing things the most in the world are of the occult, and believe in evolution, so they interpret all religions that way, and want to establish the new age movement in the world as standard religion so they will accept the New Age Christ so that they can evolve to be greater and spiritual.

Why do you think they took prayer out of American schools, and taught evolution, and teach it in the world, and science confirms evolution with ridiculous claims that cannot be proven.

And the occult is nothing new for people have believed in the occult, and witchcraft, and harnessing the power of nature for thousands of years.

But they also believed in a higher power, a God, so although they could be cruel they would show some kind of compassion that they thought God wanted them to show.

But now the occult has cut out a higher power, God, and their arrogance has sky rocketed because of that, and technology, and mankind's advancements also caused it to soar to where they think they are something great.

So to the occult today there is no God to fear, no God to offend, no God to punish them, and no compassion upon people, so it is the worse kingdom in the history of mankind.

Do not believe evolution for it is only a deception although they think it is real, but the truth is it is all only of their imagination.

But how else would people believe they can be greater and spiritual without a God to cause that, but of course by the power of nature, evolution.

But it had to be because God is giving the world a certain amount of time to have their way and cause those who do not love God to follow the New Age Christ so He can separate all those who love Him, from all those who do not love Him but are involved with self exaltation, and wickedness.

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Some professing Christ have erred concerning the faith believing false science that took them away from the truth of God, and this has to do with attributing nature to God.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

Which some shall depart from the faith and give heed to the new age movement and their occult, and evolution interpretation of the Bible that is doctrines of devils as the devil uses the new age movement to move the world towards the New Age Christ kingdom.

A lot of people see things on the surface and do not know the plan that is going on.
Correct. The Satanic elite through their propaganda organs are proclaiming evolution ad nauseum.
The wise however do understand the truth....

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The Bible says ''In the beginning god created the Heavens and the Earth'' If the Heavens were included in the literal six days how come
light from the stars and galaxies take so long to reach us. Light from the Sun takes eight minutes. Light from the nearest star takes four years and from galaxies it measures in millions. If you believe that this is all a lie then you have to believe that every Astronomer
is either a liar including Christian Astronomers or for some reason God is deliberately keeping them all in the dark.

The Bible is not a Science Manual the truth it contains is spiritually discerned and the facts included concern mankind's human condition and relationship between us and God. Jesus didn't walk around telling people about Dinosaurs Einsteins theory or DNA
Good question, with several intriguing answers. Basically the very fabric of the heavens can and did change. And the "scientists" have no idea whatsoever of what light actually is. Light is a perturbation of the ether, and a coaxial circuit. There is no "speed of light", there is only the impedance of the medium.

Trust me when I tell you......the "cult of science" and their worldly scientists are all wrong, completely wrong, fundamentally and utterly wrong.

And another thing....genealogies do NOT equal chronologies. The genesis genealogies do not equal 6000 years, they are classic and typical eastern "sample" genealogies. And the specific Hebrew terms do not indicate a direct father son relationship unless otherwise indicated.

Creation could be 15-50,000 year old. Nobody knows. But not much more than that. Probably 30K is my guess.

For Christ's sake DO NOT BELIVE THEM.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Thank you for asking me to explain....

It is 2 fold I suppose in my mind... Evolution/ christians who believe evolution and the christians that want to make evolution fit into the Scripture have invented the gap theory; says dinosaurs died before Genesis said death entered the world. People took the Books of Moses as literal when Jesus said "You believe in Moses, believe also in Me"; He is literally the Messiah. Jesus assumed people believe a real/ literal 6 day creation so therefore they should believe He is the real/ literal Messiah. It was not until evolution people and now christians do not believe the Authority of the Written Word.

Which I suppose this can lead into the question when and even why do even christians NOT believe the Word of God is AUTHORITATIVE!?! (even above humans/science)
1) Christians do not believe in evolution.. At the very start of the theory of evolution it is states that life spontanously came into existence from lifeless matter that was subject to the different forces of nature.. Evolution denies God created anything.. Therefore if a person denies God created life then they cannot be a Christian..

2)Christians and Jews believed the Books of Moses.. No where in the book of Genesis does it say that God created the earth in 6, 24hour earth days. That is an INTERPRETATION of the Bible that some Christians believe.. So a Christian can believe in 6 literal 24 hour days OR they can believe in 6 God time days without haveing an exact time period for those days..

3) So yes Christians believe that the Word of God is truth and that includes the Genisis account, they may have varying interpretations but as long as those beliefs are not a salvational issue ( a disputable matter ) they are still believers in the Word of God.. They definitly beliueve that God created life..

4) You almost NEVER hear an evolutionist putting forward the theory that life came into existence from sterile non living matter subject to the forces of the universe..

What evolutionists focus on almost exclusively is the theory of ADAPTATION... And anyone who does not know what the entire theory of evolution exposes could be forgiven if they have never heard about spontaneous life appearing from sterile non- living matter.. I have no problem with the theory of Adaptation.. I see farmers breeding and thus altering animals to their will.. I see horticulturalists breeding plants to produce more productive plants, I see dog and cat breeders changing dogs and cats over many generations.. So adaptation animals changing to adapt to changes in the environment or by the interference of human breeders is a real and currently demonstrable thing..

But spontaneous life coming out of sterile non- living matter??? That has NEVER been demonstrated by Evolution theory supporters.. Even though we have laboratories where any combination of sterile matter can be subjected to all the different kinds of forces of nature.. Heat, static, radiation, pressures all the different wavelengths of light and radio and ultraviolet waves.. No scientist has cause a reproducing single cell living organism to spontaneously come into existence from any experiment at all..

5) So as a Christian i believe in the Authority of the Word of God.. God created life.. God created mankind.. those who don't believe Gods Word really cannot justify their claim to be Christians i believe..

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Good question, with several intriguing answers. Basically the very fabric of the heavens can and did change. And the "scientists" have no idea whatsoever of what light actually is. Light is a perturbation of the ether, and a coaxial circuit. There is no "speed of light", there is only the impedance of the medium.

Trust me when I tell you......the "cult of science" and their worldly scientists are all wrong, completely wrong, fundamentally and utterly wrong.

And another thing....genealogies do NOT equal chronologies. The genesis genealogies do not equal 6000 years, they are classic and typical eastern "sample" genealogies. And the specific Hebrew terms do not indicate a direct father son relationship unless otherwise indicated.

Creation could be 15-50,000 year old. Nobody knows. But not much more than that. Probably 30K is my guess.

"impedance of the medium"

Inversely and more properly stated as the rate of induction.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
''For Christs sake don't believe them'' Both mine and your salvation doesn't rest on whether we believe creation began 6000, 30000
or 30.000.000 years ago. I don't believe in macro evolution not because of the Bible but through logic alone. To believe a random
chemical soup produced life to me takes a huge amount of faith especially when Scientists cant produce it themselves. Also
Darwin was asked why there were no examples of fossils in various stages of evolution. His answer was that he expected that some
would be found in the future well its been about 150 years since he made that statement and no palaeontologist has found one yet
and its not for the want of trying.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Great question! Even children are smart enough to say "You are not my Dad". And do as they will. It all really starts in Gensius. If I do not believe when death entered the world because of sin, why should I believe I need a Savior from it? If I cannot believe all Scripture is true, even Genius, how can I believe I need a man named Jesus/ God in the flesh to save me from sin... the wages of sin is death, according to Scripture, but if the NT is wrong too and death entered the world before sin what do we need Jesus fore!?!

I hope someone understands how important it is to believe the Word of God!!!
Well, it is important to not go beyond what is written. Whether animals died pre-fall is not said. It doesn't make a lot of sense but we do know that sin/death entered into the world when they ate of the fruit. So it certainly applied after that moment. The word is pretty clear on the moment, for US.

The only things we know (at this point) about animals (in regards to topic) is that the serpent was cursed, and God made Adam and Eve clothes out of skin so we can make certain assumptions about that, but again...in regards to US the Word is clear.

Gen 9:2 talks about animals fearing man but that's not related I don't think. It does explain why they are so shy though :p
It'd be nice if I could pet deer outside a petting zoo.

Jun 10, 2019
I think we need to put the original post into its proper context. It’s not a good
idea to take bible verses out of context and use them for own agendas. Just saying.

John 5:46 NKJV
[46] For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

Genesis 3:15 NLT
[15] And I will cause hostility between you and the woman, and between your
offspring and her offspring. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel."

Deuteronomy 18:15 NKJV
[15] "The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst,
from your brethren. Him you shall hear,

John 1:45 NLT
[45] Philip went to look for Nathanael and told him, "We have found the very person
Moses and the prophets wrote about! His name is Jesus, the son of Joseph from Nazareth."

Acts 26:22 NKJV
[22] Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come-
Good point and probably not a good idea to mix bible versions, NLT removes (in the law) in John 1:45 only two other bibles do that, Nazareth was a small town.

Contemporary English Version
Philip then found Nathanael and said, "We have found the one that Moses and the Prophets wrote about. He is Jesus, the son of Joseph from Nazareth."

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Philip found Nathanael and told him, "We have found the man whom Moses wrote about in his teachings and whom the prophets wrote about. He is Jesus, son of Joseph, from the city of Nazareth."

Probably more bibles that get really strange,

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
''For Christs sake don't believe them'' Both mine and your salvation doesn't rest on whether we believe creation began 6000, 30000
or 30.000.000 years ago. I don't believe in macro evolution not because of the Bible but through logic alone. To believe a random
chemical soup produced life to me takes a huge amount of faith especially when Scientists cant produce it themselves. Also
Darwin was asked why there were no examples of fossils in various stages of evolution. His answer was that he expected that some
would be found in the future well its been about 150 years since he made that statement and no palaeontologist has found one yet
and its not for the want of trying.
What you said about macro vs micro is spot on.... and you can be saved and believe in theology evolution.... However, and it is a BIG HOWEVER, if we let man's ideas (evolution) undermine the Word of God where do we draw the line on letting man's ides interpret the Bible instead of believing the Scripture as the ONLY/FINAL AUTHORITY?

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
This evolution question is always popping up.

If science is right about evolution, how come it keeps changing?

First of all the world was flat, then it wasn't, then lets believe String Theory then lets chuck that out and have the Big Bang Theory, then lets chuck that out and have Intelligent Design Theory.

Even now, some called science "scholars" know nobody buys the whole "nothing came out of nothing" Big Bang Theory anymore as it doesn't even make any sense so now, they are introducing "Intelligent Design" because those in the physic's world realise there is a obviously a"design" to everything.

The way I see it is like this, like explaining it to a child. (Occam's razor )

If you are walking along, and you find a watch and pick it up, even if it is broken, you know that someone has designed it.

If it has a design, then there has to be a designer. The Earth and all creation has an obvious design or it wouldn't work properly.

To say the world "evolves" on its own without a designer in the first place is as unbelievable as saying if you throw enough pieces of a 747 jumbo jet in the air enough times, it will eventually just "make itself". Yeah right...

Science is always changing but the truth never changes does it?

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
What you said about macro vs micro is spot on.... and you can be saved and believe in theology evolution.... However, and it is a BIG HOWEVER, if we let man's ideas (evolution) undermine the Word of God where do we draw the line on letting man's ides interpret the Bible instead of believing the Scripture as the ONLY/FINAL AUTHORITY?
Mans ideas interpret the bible without bringing Evolution into the mix. This is seen by the way prophecy is treated by people.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Mans ideas interpret the bible without bringing Evolution into the mix. This is seen by the way prophecy is treated by people.
What? That seems like nonsense. Like you are trying to say something without saying nothing. What do you mean?

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
What? That seems like nonsense. Like you are trying to say something without saying nothing. What do you mean?
Hahaha sorry had to laugh at that. "Like you are trying to say something without saying nothing" A good lyric. Sounds like street Shakespeare "you speak a thousand nothings".

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
New King James Version
For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

Moses told us creation was a six day event and God rested on the 7th. The NT in Colossians 1:16 declares Jesus as Creator. Scripture say death entered the world thru sin.... Evolution says says there was million of years before humans, when dionasorses and yada... yada...., died.... could death enter the world before the fall of Adam and Eve? Is the Bible wrong or Jesus (for when death entered the world for believing Moses)?
In the Hebrew it simply means God ceased on the initial creation. Hebrew is my first Language.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
https://biblehub.com/hebrew/7673a.htm

"The word translated "rested" in Genesis 2:2,3 is the Hebrew word sabat. The meaning of this word is to rest or to cease working, to put an end to or to stop. In other words, the meaning is that on the seventh "day," God did not work. Of course, God is always working, as it requires "work" for God to simply sustain his creation. but perhaps he is not always creating the earth. So God stopped his creative work on the seventh day. The "work" of creating the world was done, but God was not sitting around ignoring the world. I believe it is a mistake to make too big a deal out of the exact meaning when the Bible said that God stopped working. "http://evidenceforchristianity.org/what-is-the-meaning-of-the-word-translated-rested-in-genesis-223/

It turns out that the question is the direct result of a bad rendering of the Hebrew by the King James translation:

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. (Genesis 2:3)

The original language
The Hebrew word, shabath, translated "rest" does not really refer to a requirement to sleep or take a break due to weariness. In the vast majority of verses the NASB translates the word as some form of stopping or ceasing. In only 7 out of 68 instances is the word translated "rest" or "rested." (see also the Brown-Driver-Briggs' Hebrew Definitions2)

Other Bible translations render the Hebrew correctly:

Young's Literal Translation - And God blesseth the seventh day, and sanctifieth it, for in it He hath ceased from all His work which God had prepared for making.
God's Word - Then God blessed the seventh day and set it apart as holy, because on that day he stopped all his work of creation.
Good News Bible - He blessed the seventh day and set it apart as a special day, because by that day he had completed his creation and stopped working.
https://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/rest.html

https://nortonsafe.search.ask.com/w...OprtHFS0Xqf7Eoe3yCIjC4NrGUWg&ts=1568424761274