Did Jesus rise from the dead on the third day?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Sorry my friend but like many others in the thread your trying to mix a secular calander name days with numbered days of the Jewish calendar. you mind is not grasping what I’m telling you,

the first day of the week on a Jewish calander does not mean it’s sunday at all that is a Julian calander concept only,,, for the life of me I can’t understand why people don’t get it.

https://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/m_calint.htm#day

The Jewish month is based on the lunar or synodic month, the time it takes for the moon to circle the earth. Since the exact duration of one revolution is a little over 29.5 days, the length of the months normally alternates between 29 and 30 days. A month of 30 days is called male ('full'), one of 29 days is chaser('defective'). There are two months which are male in some years and chaser in others.

The month begins with the appearance of the new moon. In the time of the Temple, the Sanhedrin (the highest court) sanctified the new month when two witnesses had actually sighted the moon. In the middle of the fourth century C.E., a fixed calendar was introduced.

In the Torah, the months are numbered; the first is the one in which the Exodus from Egypt occurred (Yetziat Mitzrayim; cf. Shemot [Exodus] 12:2). Later, names of Babylonian origin were adopted:

1. ניסן — Nisan — (30 days)
  2. אייר — Iyyar — (29 days)
  3. סיון — Sivan — (30 days)
  4. תמוז — Tammuz — (29 days)
  5. אב — Av — (30 days)
  6. אלול — Elul — (29 days)
  7. תשרי — Tishri — (30 days)
  8. חשון — Cheshvan — (29 or 30 days)
  9. כסלו — Kislev — (30 or 29 days)
  10. טבת — Tevet — (29 days)
  11. שבט — Sh'vat — (30 days)
  12. אדר — Adar — (29 days)

The first day of each month (with the exception of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year) is Rosh Chodesh (lit. 'head of the month', abbreviated
) — and so is the thirtieth day of the preceding month, if there is one. For example, if a gravestone inscription mentions the first day of Rosh Chodesh Elul, the calendar date "30 Av" is meant.

To say the Bible says first day of the week and that means Sunday is ignorance.

Get your mind out of the sand it’s buried deep.
Dear Sir/Madame

1. yom rishon = "first day" = (Sunday)
The first day of the week is certainly our Sunday. Which is why the early Church meets on the Lord's Day....Sunday......Resurrection Day.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
If the first day of Nisan falls on a Tuesday when is the first day of the next week fall on duh on a Tuesday.
No. The 14th of Nisan can fall upon ANY day. On that year, it just so happened to fall upon Friday.

L

LPT

Dear Sir/Madame

1. yom rishon = "first day" = (Sunday)
The first day of the week is certainly our Sunday. Which is why the early Church meets on the Lord's Day....Sunday......Resurrection Day.
Yea you know why because we all have to please this world as far as days lining up etc. you can’t follow the Bible traditions of time past. It’s a modern world now. You can’t take of work on a Wednesday to honor the sabbath that’s why you go to a synagogue on a Saturday or a church on a Sunday so you can keep your job, and that’s why Jesus become the sabbath the rest. For no doubt it would have just gotten more and more complicated working for your company you work for and trying to keep these commments.

L

LPT

No. The 14th of Nisan can fall upon ANY day. On that year, it just so happened to fall upon Friday.
Dude I’m not even answering that.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yea you know why because we all have to please this world as far as days lining up etc. you can’t follow the Bible traditions of time past. It’s a modern world now. You can’t take of work on a Wednesday to honor the sabbath that’s why you go to a synagogue on a Saturday or a church on a Sunday so you can keep your job, and that’s why Jesus become the sabbath the rest. For no doubt it would have just gotten more and more complicated working for your company you work for and trying to keep these commments.
I have no idea what you are talking about.....but what I posted are facts and correct.

L

LPT

I have no idea what you are talking about.....but what I posted are facts and correct.
I know my friend it’s ok it is blinding to many. Minds are stuck with one foot in the secular world and one foot in trying to know the Jewish ways and lining the too up.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Dude I’m not even answering that.
Lol....well I can. Jews had a calendar that required adjustments for corrections to orbital time. Specific dates can fall upon any day of the week because of this phenomenon. This is due to a sighting of the phase of the moon to set the calendar.....and it can be any day of the week.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Usually when Jewish people speak of something being on Jewish time, they are joking and they mean it’s going to be late. There is also a Jewish time–a sense of months and even of days–that is part of Jewish religion and spirituality. Passover, like all Jewish holidays, starts and ends at sundown, and is tied to the phases of the sun and the moon. Passover always falls on the same date in the Jewish calendar. Like all Jewish holidays, Passover floats through the secular calendar. The Jewish calendar is set up to keep Jewish holidays at the same season of the year and the same phase of the moon; Passover will always begin on a full moon in the spring.

In many Reform Jewish communities, Passover is celebrated for seven days, not eight. In more traditional Jewish communities–including both Orthodox and Conservative communities–Passover is celebrated for eight days.

Here are the dates of Passover–starting and ending at sundown–for the next 10 years:

• March 30, 2018-April 7, 2018 (ends April 6 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 19, 2019-April 26, 2019 (ends April 25 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 8, 2020-April 15, 2020 (ends April 14 if celebrated for seven days)
  • March 27, 2021-April 4, 2021 (ends April 2 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 15, 2022-April 23, 2022 (ends April 21 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 5, 2023-April 13, 2023 (ends April 11 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 22, 2024-April 30, 2024 (ends April 28 if celebrated for seven days)
Yes, the whole week is considered Passover. But only the first and the seventh days of Passover are high days where no buying, selling and traveling are allowed. Meal prep is allowed for the current meal. :cool:

L

LPT

Lol....well I can. Jews had a calendar that required adjustments for corrections to orbital time. Specific dates can fall upon any day of the week because of this phenomenon.
Every single calander on the planet is not perfect they all have to be adjusted even the actual planet is not designed perfect but perfectly imperfect like a four leaf clover in a field of three leafs. A earth year is not exactly 364 days and 24 hours long no not at all it fluctuates from year to year, some times it’s moving a tad faster sometimes it’s moving a tad slower depending many factors in space.

And believe it or not the Jewish calander is down the list as far as being accurate. it’s was meant to be just a starting point a basic simple calendar to track days years and seasons.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Lol....well I can. Jews had a calendar that required adjustments for corrections to orbital time. Specific dates can fall upon any day of the week because of this phenomenon. This is due to a sighting of the phase of the moon to set the calendar.....and it can be any day of the week.
Specifically a sighting of the new moon to mark the beginning of their calendar.

L

LPT

Yes, the whole week is considered Passover. But only the first and the seventh days of Passover are high days where no buying, selling and traveling are allowed. Meal prep is allowed for the current meal. :cool:
Like I posted that is the reform Jewish traditions the traditional Jewish way is 8 days.

L

LPT

I’m out forget it, I feel like I’m talking to myself.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
And this computer program that a man has designed knows the exact year in which Jesus died 0030 AD really do you really put your faith in a computer program? Early 30s huh more Like early 40s
No, the birth year of Jesus is either 3 or 4 BCE. The reason: Herod the Great was ruling Judea and he died 4 BCE (see Wikipedia entry below) according to the historical archives. His son Archaeus had just taken over in 4 BCE (this date is confirmed) when the came back from Egypt.

Matt.2:22 "But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:"

Most scholarship concerning the date of Herod's death follows Emil Schürer's calculations, which revised a traditional death date of 1 BCE to 4 BCE.[62][1][3][63][64] Two of Herod's sons, Archelaus and Philip the Tetrarch, dated their rule from 4 BCE,[65] though Archelaus apparently held royal authority during Herod's lifetime.[66] Philip's reign would last for 37 years, until his death in the 20th year of Tiberius (34 CE), which implies his accession as 4 BCE.[67] Some scholars support the traditional date of 1 BCE for Herod's death.[68][69][70][71] Filmer and Steinmann, for example, propose that Herod died in 1 BCE, and that his heirs backdated their reigns to 4 or 3 BCE to assert an overlapping with Herod's rule, and bolster their own legitimacy.[2][3][4][1] In Josephus' account, Herod's death was preceded by a lunar eclipse and followed by Passover.[72]

From Wikipedia

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Like I posted that is the reform Jewish traditions the traditional Jewish way is 8 days.
That is from the Bible so it is God's way also. Do you know what they were following in 30 AD?

Exo. 12:16 "And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you." :eek:

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Sorry my friend but like many others in the thread your trying to mix a secular calander name days with numbered days of the Jewish calendar. you mind is not grasping what I’m telling you,

the first day of the week on a Jewish calander does not mean it’s sunday at all that is a Julian calander concept only,,, for the life of me I can’t understand why people don’t get it.

The Jewish month is based on the lunar or synodic month, the time it takes for the moon to circle the earth. Since the exact duration of one revolution is a little over 29.5 days, the length of the months normally alternates between 29 and 30 days. A month of 30 days is called male ('full'), one of 29 days is chaser('defective'). There are two months which are male in some years and chaser in others.

The month begins with the appearance of the new moon. In the time of the Temple, the Sanhedrin (the highest court) sanctified the new month when two witnesses had actually sighted the moon. In the middle of the fourth century C.E., a fixed calendar was introduced.

In the Torah, the months are numbered; the first is the one in which the Exodus from Egypt occurred (Yetziat Mitzrayim; cf. Shemot [Exodus] 12:2). Later, names of Babylonian origin were adopted:

5. אב — Av — (30 days)

The first day of each month (with the exception of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year) is Rosh Chodesh (lit. 'head of the month', abbreviated
) — and so is the thirtieth day of the preceding month, if there is one. For example, if a gravestone inscription mentions the first day of Rosh Chodesh Elul, the calendar date "30 Av" is meant.

You are an ignorant windbag. You absolutely do not need to know the different calanders. It is counting days. It only needs to know the simple facts about the crucifiction and resurrection. It doesn't matter if we use current name for the days of the we or the ones from Biblical times. There are 7 days in a week. The weekly Sabbath always is the last day of the week. The first day of the week we call Sunday. So what? We are counting days!!!
Tomb empty the first day of the week.
We call it Sunday. Counting backward.
Saturday late afternoon is when Jesus rose.
Friday
Thursday
Wednesday Jesus crucified. Buried late afternoon. 3 days!!!

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

5. אב — Av — (30 days)

What are you trying to say. Sunday is not Sunday? Bull hockey, the Jews had seven days also just like at creation. Just not our day names. The first section in your calendar link says that. Quit trying to confuse everyone and get your head out of the sand.

They are trying to establish the "Day of the Lord" as some kind of Sunday thing. But Christ was buried just before sundown and was raised just before sundown on Saturday. Christ Himself said 3 days and 3 nights He would be buried. That is 72 hours. They called 12 hour periods as only days. :cool:

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
What are you trying to say. Sunday is not Sunday? Bull hockey, the Jews had seven days also just like at creation. Just not our day names. The first section in your calendar link says that. Quit trying to confuse everyone and get your head out of the sand.

They are trying to establish the "Day of the Lord" as some kind of Sunday thing. But Christ was buried just before sundown and was raised just before sundown on Saturday. Christ Himself said 3 days and 3 nights He would be buried. That is 72 hours. They called 12 hour periods as only days. :cool:
No need for precisely 72 hours. But that is a matter of some study.

L

LPT

That is from the Bible so it is God's way also. Do you know what they were following in 30 AD?

Exo. 12:16 "And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you." :eek:
Show me in the Bible they were following in 30AD please I’d love to see it as written as you say. Sorry you don’t have a clue to what year it actually was period, you live and breathe and are conformed to this worlds ideas And agendas it’s plain as day to me.

L

LPT

Sunday is always Sunday on a secular calander doesn’t matter what the number is rather it be the first or thirty first.

O Lord if I died yesterday have I have been died for 24 hours maybe or maybe not depending on the hour that I died the day before forget that 72 hours stuff.

L

LPT

Hahaha this has become comical to the hilt. Hehe lololol....