Did the Church institute Dec 25th to replace Pagan Festivals with a Christian Theme?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackpowderduelist

so being a Christian, and because I don't celebrate Xmas, are you calling me an atheist?
I don't know you to say who you are.
I don't care what you celebrate or don't.
You certainly don't mind implying that Christians who celebrate Christ on Christmas are being pagan.

B

Blackpowderduelist

what's significant about 336ad ?
I said it earlier. There are early writings. The earliest writing we have of Christians celebrating Christmas is from 336 ad. Its history of the church. We should know our history.

Aug 14, 2019
I heard that the evergreen was brought in the house to keep the evil spirits at bay in the winter...It is a pagan thing...
The thing is,.it is what you mean it to mean. It means what I mean it to mean. We seek what the author meant when we read right? I know it's not pagan because it's all about Jesus. Don't have to have a talisman to ward off evil.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
The thing is,.it is what you mean it to mean. It means what I mean it to mean. We seek what the author meant when we read right? I know it's not pagan because it's all about Jesus. Don't have to have a talisman to ward off evil.
I was just saying where the roots of bringing the green into the house comes from...
No , we as believers do not need no talisman , we have the Holy Spirit of God in us Amen...

B

Blackpowderduelist

I was just saying where the roots of bringing the green into the house comes from...
No , we as believers do not need no talisman , we have the Holy Spirit of God in us Amen...
The roots of bringing ever greens in the house comes from long cold dreary winters. They brought evergreens and holly into their houses to bring color and smell into their homes and it helps to cope with weeks on end of being basically forced or trapped indoors. It can be quite depressing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its kinda weird to do the pine tree thing in the southern hemisphere when in december is summer.
But people still do it.

which is why im changing it to July 25th lol

In the Bible it doesnt really talk about the seasons too much and the middle east in no way has the temperate climate that has long winters.

shauvot or pentecosts does celebrate the barley harvest
and for feast of tabernacles they set up booths to celebrate being outdoors, with tree branches and citrons
arbor day also comes from a jewish tradition.
Palm sunday is also celebrating trees with palm branches being waved.

I think whatever the season is, there is a reason to celebrate Jesus so, wherever you are on earth it wont stop people from declaring His name.

Jim62

Jan 8, 2021
Christmas correlates with the winter solstice an event celebrated by pagans. Easter is another pagan event celebrating spring and fertility hence the rabbit and eggs. What I find funny is Christians lie to their kids early on about Santa and the Easter Bunny. If these holidays cause parents to break one of the ten commandments and lie to their children then perhaps they aren't the right thing to do. Celebrate Jesus everyday and that is all that matters. Don't forget the tooth fairy lie, and that Santa is an anagram for Satan.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
santa just means saint
did you know that Britney Spears is an anagram of Presbyterian?

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Christmas correlates with the winter solstice an event celebrated by pagans. Easter is another pagan event celebrating spring and fertility hence the rabbit and eggs. What I find funny is Christians lie to their kids early on about Santa and the Easter Bunny. If these holidays cause parents to break one of the ten commandments and lie to their children then perhaps they aren't the right thing to do. Celebrate Jesus everyday and that is all that matters. Don't forget the tooth fairy lie, and that Santa is an anagram for Satan.
thats why, after i left the salvos, i did some research about it.
seems these celebrations are ingrained into the non-catholic churches, and few people have questioned why.
they just go along with it.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Santa is latin for saint.
I always celebrate Christmas, but have never done a tree or saint Clouse, which is santa clause. (It's weird to mix the latin and the German to get an English word/ name title).
We have always celebrated the resurrection of Jesus but never participated in rabbits or eggs.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
isnt xmas the celebration of Malcom x's birthday?

I never knew why it was on the exact same day as Christmas though. People shouldnt get them mixed up.

We never call Jesus Christ Jesus X.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
Did the Church institute Dec 25th to replace Pagan Festivals with a Christian Theme?

None of Messiah Disciples , taught any of the churches that were founded by God , to celebrate this worldly festival ...

Acts 2:47

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

It is Pagan Rome that instituted Dec 25 festival not God !!!

Jesus taught us , how to be reminded of what he has done , clearly in scripture ...

Luke 22:19

And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Everything can be found in His Word yet many just discard it as nothing :cry: