Did you know...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abing
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Its still not an official Holy Day is it, If so, were is the scripture to back this up? Please quote if you can. I would appreiciate it thanks,

It is a "official" holiday here...and we Christians here see it as a very biblical holiday...I have already given you the biblical logic ..if you don't accept it? That's on you.
 
Again can you give scripture to support this celebration? If this is God's doing? I would want to know,

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
 
It is a "official" holiday here...and we Christians here see it as a very biblical holiday...I have already given you the biblical logic ..if you don't accept it? That's on you.
you have not given me the scripture, anyone can say, it says it here or there, but until you actually quote the scripture to support this celebration, then I will research more into it, But you have only given me what you believe in, all I ask is there any scriptures to support this celebration? If you cant, fair enough, But I don't want your logic I just want biblical proof, and biblical support about this NON Holy day that Americans celebrate, Im interested to know, thats all, I'm not trying to catch you out or cause an argument, Just asking you as a Christian that you are, do you know a scripture to support this only american NON holy day celebration, Is it only americans celebrate it? if so, why?
 
you have not given me the scripture, anyone can say, it says it here or there, but until you actually quote the scripture to support this celebration, then I will research more into it, But you have only given me what you believe in, all I ask is there any scriptures to support this celebration? If you cant, fair enough, But I don't want your logic I just want biblical proof, and biblical support about this NON Holy day that Americans celebrate, Im interested to know, thats all, I'm not trying to catch you out or cause an argument, Just asking you as a Christian that you are, do you know a scripture to support this only american NON holy day celebration, Is it only americans celebrate it? if so, why?

Look the bible don't say a lot of things..it don't say for instance to start a youth group or ministries to help drug-addicts...but honest and reasonable Christians know these things are in the direct will of God...a day of giving thanks is clearly a Godly holiday and you only make yourself seem silly and vain, even bitter by trying to argue against it. "give thanks always" is the only scripture needed to support this holiday. Grow up.
 
yeh true, but so does Chicken, but we dont have to wait a whole year to eat it, hehe
I threw some pagan turkey chunks at my computer screen when I read that you brought the Thanksgiving bashing into this thread.
Boo, man, boo.

Aww, come on, Richie.........turkey is made out of lunch meat, they are to be eaten. Let's celebrate.

BTW, I picked that turkey piece I threw at my screen up, and ate it.
 
We give thanks to God everyday. So thanksgiving is everyday :D

But it's good to get together on this day with family and friends to thank God some more! :D
 
I'm sooooo thankful for the turkey in my oven. My son brined it yesterday with all manner of wonderful spices. He makes a better turkey than anyone I know. It smells so delicious right now!!!!!!! YUMMY! :o
 
I'm sooooo thankful for the turkey in my oven. My son brined it yesterday with all manner of wonderful spices. He makes a better turkey than anyone I know. It smells so delicious right now!!!!!!! YUMMY! :o

So what you're saying is.... We're all invited? :rolleyes: teehee :o
 
The debate about this only draws my mind to one thought..Holiday, not holiday..someone out there, that are not able to eat well throughout the year..can give thanks for the times, that they get to feast well! Refocus please, do you not know how blessed you are, compared to one without! Happy whatever day you want, you get to eat! Our Heavenly Father, give those without a full belly, and give thanks everyday our mouths gets to be fed!
 
Did you know that : papaya seeds , citrus peels , mango peels and pineapple skins(contrary to what some people think)are not only edible , but are extremely nutritious.
 
Actually the eagle is used several times in scripture in very positive spiritual ways... Even Christ Himself is used with the typology of the eagle.


I agree with the need not to slander the poor bird, or misrepresent it in scripture either. But my simple point was to see the irony of the United States being proud over living as a Government to the real pertinent Scriptural truths for the people. This little bird issue seemed to outline that to me for the moment.So, Don't get me wrong, I love the eagle! it too represents God in it's own way. And as our nation had a biblically freeing affect on society, the Government is like a Church, in that it is the people in it that must keep the principles alive.

As far as the facts of us being free from the Historical facts of Governmental dictatorship, this is obviously true. But thanksgiving is about "THANKS" to me. And as we outline the facts, I think of Canada for instance who has their own Thanksgiving as well on a different date. I simply say whoever wants to give "THANKS" why would I need to alter that trend? The politics of Thanksgiving I am not unaware of, nor am I plighted by misgivings to Scriptural references, I am simply thankful to God for His point of views and for Him today and family and friends. Call me simple that would be a complement.
 
The debate about this only draws my mind to one thought..Holiday, not holiday..someone out there, that are not able to eat well throughout the year..can give thanks for the times, that they get to feast well! Refocus please, do you not know how blessed you are, compared to one without! Happy whatever day you want, you get to eat! Our Heavenly Father, give those without a full belly, and give thanks everyday our mouths gets to be fed!

I came from extreme poverty and starvation. We were lucky to eat 3 days out of a week! No exaggeration. I know hunger very well. My kids & I do not neglect the poor. God knows that.

I am thankful for every meal I get because of the ones I never had when I was a child.


Thanksgiving1.jpg
 
I made this post, and I am sharing it..as I believe cooks around the world, can feel blessed..lol
12241428_1722651204634588_6839499527470621545_n.jpg
 
I love it! ....This thread had started out with a different mindset, but because we are family even here in CC we have just taken it upon ourselves to make it a Thanksgiving thread....A HUGE SMILE DOTH ARISE AMONGST THIS SERVANTS FACIAL DELIVERIES. Smile. :);).
 
So, did we know forcing yourself to smile can boost our moods.?
*It also boosts our immune system.
*Smiles are actually contagious.
*Muscularly it is easier to smile than to frown.
* It is a universal expression of happy in any language.
*Smiles use from 5 to 53 facial muscles.............Smile everyone even when the bird simply is too dry to swallow!:D