Did you know...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abing
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I made this post, and I am sharing it..as I believe cooks around the world, can feel blessed..lol
12241428_1722651204634588_6839499527470621545_n.jpg


Sandy, you'd have a heck of a time catching that monster of a bird, too!!! LOLOL!!

amelia_ostrich.jpg
 
It sure would make you appreciate it, once it is on the table, after catching it!..lol
 
Did you know that loving the unlovable takes supernatural grace? That's what I learned reading this thread... Anyway!

Did you know that an average person’s yearly fast food intake will contain 12 pubic hairs? Ew.
 
Did you know that loving the unlovable takes supernatural grace? That's what I learned reading this thread... Anyway!

Did you know that an average person’s yearly fast food intake will contain 12 pubic hairs? Ew.


NO YOU DIDNT? :eek:
 
Did you know that loving the unlovable takes supernatural grace? That's what I learned reading this thread... Anyway!

Did you know that an average person’s yearly fast food intake will contain 12 pubic hairs? Ew.

aaaaaaaand no more fast food for me.
 
* The world's largest Snowflake fell on January 28th 1887, in Ft. Keogh, Montana. It was 15 inches across and 8 inches thick! The runner up was one that fell in Bratsk, Siberia, almost a century later {1971} it measured 8 inches by 12 inches.

* The heaviest snowfall on record was in Silver Lake, Colorado on April 14-15 in 1921, when the town received 67 inches of fresh snow in 24 hrs.

* The largest single Snow storm on record lasted 5 days in Alaska in 1955, and left more 141.50 feet of snow!

* Biggest Hail storm, you ask?, Ok, in 2010 in South Dakota, the hail were as large as softballs weighing in at 2 lbs. per hail boulder!

* And finally Hailstorms are built like onions- the layers count the number of times it traveled to the top of the storm before falling to the ground, by creating a new layer on every passing.
 
Last edited:
There must have been one like this before but I can't find it. So here goes, a thread for us to post random interesting and/or mind blowing facts. Adding a link will make it sound even more convincing.

Did you know that there are more than 50 known musicians in JS Bach's family tree? Mind blown.

So if someone tells you he likes Bach, always ask him: 'which Bach exactly?'

Here are Johann BERNHARD Bach's 4 excellent Ouvertures.

[video=youtube;IbQ4ZupOu6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQ4ZupOu6M[/video]
 
So if someone tells you he likes Bach, always ask him: 'which Bach exactly?'

Here are Johann BERNHARD Bach's 4 excellent Ouvertures.

[video=youtube;IbQ4ZupOu6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQ4ZupOu6M[/video]

Did you know back in Bach's day they had big screen tv's? And rooms that fit them all in at the same time!?? Smile. I'm curious did Bach ever have a 3rd mediocre ouverture?
 
Last edited:
... I'm curious did Bach ever have a 3rd mediocre ouverture?
J.S.Bach?

He made just ONE 3d Ouverture and it is far from mediocre
(and I haven't even played you the 'Air' yet).

[video=youtube;b35c-_aIiDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b35c-_aIiDQ[/video]
 
Richie 2UK,

I've always equated the American Thanksgiving holiday as an equivalent to the Jewish Festival of Booths. God actually commanded the Israelites to celebrate the Festival for EIGHT days (unlike our one day)! It is a celebration of the conclusion of the harvest. So there IS a biblical precedent for this holiday.

Secondly, when Washington established the first official US Thanksgiving, he intentionally set it as a day to give thanks to God. This is completely biblical as there are probably HUNDREDS of Scripture verses that tell us to give thanks to God.

In conclusion, even though God Himself did not establish this wonderful holiday, there is absolutely nothing unbiblical about celebrating it. There are plenty of other holidays we celebrate that were not established by God, but that doesn't mean these celebrations dishonor God. I suppose you do not celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, New Year's, Resurrection Sunday, etc. because none of these were established by God Himself?
 
Speaking of Bach, he could reach 13 notes on the piano with one hand, the average is about 9.

I used to be able to reach 11, then I broke my wrist and lost a bit of reach (can reach 10 on a good day, but usually only 9 now). I went to college with a guy who could reach 15! His hands were massive!
 
I used to be able to reach 11, then I broke my wrist and lost a bit of reach (can reach 10 on a good day, but usually only 9 now). I went to college with a guy who could reach 15! His hands were massive!

I can reach about 9-10 depending on the day.
[FONT=Arial, Trebuchet MS, Geneva, sans-serif]"You have five fingers on each hand just as healthy as mine." ~Bach and I always think, "what an utterly unfair statement considering the above!"[/FONT]
 
Did you know that the "books" we read of in Revelation never existed? Books had not yet been invented.
 
Did you know that the "books" we read of in Revelation never existed? Books had not yet been invented.
A book as 'a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blank sheets, made of ink, paper, parchment, or other materials, fastened together to hinge at one side' (wiki), maybe. The book as CONTENT (immaterial form) had been around for ages, usually written on scrolls. If we solely use your (material) definition of books, e-books aren't 'books' either.
 
Did you know that tomorrow is Sunday? :D

Did you know it was the First Sunday of Advent?

Advent is a season observed in many Western Christian churches as a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas. The term is a version of the Latin word, meaning "coming"... Advent is the beginning of the Western liturgical year and commences on the fourth Sunday before Christmas...

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent





 
Did you know that if you cut an avocado in half its in half but it can also be cut in quarters ! WOW